Really need some prayers...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Would really appreciate some prayers right now. I need lots of them.

I'm really struggling to move on from a situation from last year. Just when I thought I was finally making progress I ended up taking, what feels like, 10 steps backwards. It feels like the enemy just enjoys my misery, like it's entertainment for him. Just so cruel.

I was angry with God for a bit, which did pass, but now it's returned again. He let things happen to me in the past (which I eventually accepted), but I just can't believe that something else would happen, something completely out of my control. It's like another blow. I'm struggling to understand how He could let this happen, since He's omniscient. Why let me fall into a situation which I have no control over. Why leave me to fall into the trap. It's not like I had the chance to say yes or no to it.

It's so difficult. It's been 17 months now. I take a step forwards and then I'm 10 steps backwards.

My heart just feels so tired... and like it's been through a meat grinder :(

And would finally like to get some sleep too. I've not been getting much of that lately.

Thanks brothers & sisters...

Nov 14, 2016

I'm really struggling to move on from a situation from last year. Just when I thought I was finally making progress I ended up taking, what feels like, 10 steps backwards. It feels like the enemy just enjoys my misery, like it's entertainment for him. Just so cruel.

I was angry with God for a bit, which did pass, but now it's returned again. He let things happen to me in the past (which I eventually accepted), but I just can't believe that something else would happen, something completely out of my control. It's like another blow. I'm struggling to understand how He could let this happen, since He's omniscient. Why let me fall into a situation which I have no control over. Why leave me to fall into the trap. It's not like I had the chance to say yes or no to it.

It's so difficult. It's been 17 months now. I take a step forwards and then I'm 10 steps backwards.

And would finally like to get some sleep too. I've not been getting much of that lately.

***(praying)***your troubles are a good sign the devil is afraid of your walk with God***remember---when the devil starts messing, God starts blessing***pick yourself up from this mess and go forward in faith...

S

SweetmorningDew78

I'll pray for you sis...

God bless you.

M

Miri

Aw so sorry - been there, done that. Still in that place though it's getting better.
Im changing rather than life is changing. As I'm changing I'm finding it's getting better.

Im realising that it's when I am weak and in the thick of it and am willing to step
out of the way. That is when God is able to work. I've done a lot of fretting getting in the
way, weeping, blaming God. I've had plenty of those "what now" moments. Nearly 5
years and I'm still learning that it's me who has to change, but it's hard.

Lord i prayer for your wisdom and guiding hand in the life of Katy. That you will
bring to nothing, anything which is meant for harm and work things out in such
a spectacular way, the Katy will rejoice and sing of your goodness.
I pray that in these difficult times, she will grow in faith and stand fast.
Trusting and leaning more and more on you.

Katy years ago I had a dream which has helped a lot.

I won't go into the full details as it was very long, but the main part.
I was in a garden which has an overgrown bit at the back of the garden.
I wondered over to it and suddenly found myself in a very boggy area.
I sank into the mud and it covered my boot and the foot part only.

I pulled out my foot and walked back towards the house. Then a person came out
of the house and also walked towards this boggy area. I tried to warn them
about the mud but they either didn't listen or couldn't hear.

This person however sank right in up to their neck! Then me and a third person had
to pull them out.

In the dream I couldn't understand why they had sank right into the mud, but I had
only got my foot muddy.

Then this Psalm came to mind in the dream!

Psalm 40:1-3 NKJV
[1] I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry.
[2] He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set
my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. [3] He has put a new song
in my mouth- Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust
in the LORD.

We will never sink right in, no matter what, as we are standing on the rock!

Also Jesus warned that we will get our feet dirty as we walk in this world.
But be encouraged, you have the rock beneath your feet.

John 13:8-10 NKJV
[8] Peter said to Him, "You shall never wash my feet!" Jesus answered him,
"If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me." [9] Simon Peter said to Him,
"Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head!" [10] Jesus said to him,
"He who is bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you
are clean".

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God bless Katy-Follower to overcome, all the struggling and bless your name. Lord we agree with this prayer, please bless Katy-Follower in this matter. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

N

NoNameMcgee

im so sorry katy

:(

i will pray for you

littlestarsmum

Oct 19, 2016
I’m so sorry to hear that, friend. My heart goes out to you at this time, and I wish I could give you a hug. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you. Please know that I’ll be praying for you, asking the Lord to surround you with His perfect love, comfort, strength, and peace. Be assured that we serve a compassionate, loving God who knows and cares about every detail of our lives. May He be the strength of your heart and refuge. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

notmyown

May 26, 2016
when the situation is out of my control, i need to remember it's not out of God's.

when i can't determine my circumstances, i need to know God does, and He does whatever He does for my good, and His glory.

constantly reminding myself to trust the One who loves me faithfully, and without end.

is it easy? you already know the answer. but God is faithful to His dear children.
this is all part of growing in Christ. there were times i thought God was playing a cosmic joke on me, may God forgive me.

He was really teaching me to trust Him. to wait and see what He would do as i cling to Him.
resting in Christ is sometimes the hardest work we do, because it goes against our human nature. sigh.
but God has never, ever let me down. i need to remember that in the circumstances i'm going through atm, so thank you, dear heart, for posting this.

praying for you, beloved Katy. ♥

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Thanks so much for the messages and prayers :)

Ellie - thanks for sharing. Not sure of your situation, but will try to pray for you. I've been finding it a bit difficult to at the moment, if I'm honest.

Interesting dream, Miri. Enjoyed reading it, and a great reminder of those scriptures too...

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
It feels like the enemy just enjoys my misery, like it's entertainment for him. Just so cruel.
Yes he does, it is, and that's his point. he is as cruel as God is loving.

Katy, here's something I always put up for the weary of this world.

John 12:25
Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 Corinthians 4:11
Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place; [SUP]12 [/SUP]And labor, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: [SUP]13 [/SUP]Being defamed, we entreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the off scouring of all things unto this day. [SUP]14 [/SUP]I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you."

2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Matthew 5:3
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke 6:20
“Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. 22 Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. 23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets. 24 “But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort. 25 Woe to you who are well fed now, for you will go hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you will mourn and weep. 26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of Me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Philippians 1:21
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith

1 Thessalonians 3:7
Therefore, brothers and sisters, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith. 8 For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord.

That feeling that you don't belong in this world? It's because you don't belong to this world. The fact that you suffer in it says you must be doing something right. God says to persevere. Paul said he would. Shall we do any less?

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
I wish I knew more about your situation. Care to share?

K

kittycat7

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.

J

Jvb

God may be growing you.....He came to me and I didn't recognize Him, so I am really scared....Please pray for me....thank you....