Reason for the "angry" God of the Old Testament.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 21, 2021
"destroy the earth" doesn't mean the whole earth. The job of wiping out the people it needed to happened. We don't have evidence of a global flood happening ..how do you get animals from the whole planet on a boat? The answer is regional ..miles and miles ..but not the whole Earth.

Oct 19, 2020
"destroy the earth" doesn't mean the whole earth. The job of wiping out the people it needed to happened. We don't have evidence of a global flood happening ..how do you get animals from the whole planet on a boat? The answer is regional ..miles and miles ..but not the whole Earth.

We don't even know the [scale] of what the Old Earth was like. Humans could have been 4 foot tall and Giants at 8 feet would have looked similar to the sears tower. An elephant could be 1/4 the size they are today and still be massive to a 4 foot man. We don't know the scale.

What we do have is [hindsight 2020 vision]. We have the Ancient Cultures from all over the world that [ALL] seemingly pass down a story of Giants, rain, drowning like the native American Indian cultures here in the USA. These events took place simultaneously world wide. We only know by the gathering of stories and legends passed down from Asian cultures, Native American Indiana cultures, and several other like Mesopotamia itself. Altogether, we see the entire globe under water.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I'm saying the same thing as you ..just in a way that an atheist can grasp.
You have to take it on a case by case basis. Atheists are all different kinds of people. No one answer is going to satisfy them all.
Or there would be no more atheists ;)

The best thing is to pray & win the battle in the heavenlies rather than engage in low-level arguments.
Most people who don't believe in God are not interested in him.
If you know someone you are concerned about, I would pray that The Lord gives them a hunger and increases their curiosity.
If the person ever gets to the stage were they WANT to know God with no ulterior motive, most of the battle is won.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sometimes you can win athiests over with food if god is their bellies, just invite them to a free church potluck. They will be too busy eating to then start banging on about their anti beliefs.

or you can make a swear jar them everytime they they talk against God or Jesus you just put a coin in and then when it fills up you give the money to the church or a homeless/poor person.

atheists like to argue just for the sake of arguing.

Robo36

Nov 27, 2019
Is the view of God being angry in the Old Testament from God setting opportunities for souls to be compatible with the Kingdom?
Did the "anger" stop because Jesus started a new way out of this fallen condition?
When I'm reading the old testament I'm seeing the lands being filled with idolatry. Most all humans worshiping graven idols as their gods. The God of the universe, (my God) had every reason to be angry, even more angry toward the tribes of Israel since, he God, had made a promise to the ancestors of Israel, the godly folks Abraham and his family to increase their numbers and give them their own special blessed land, and when they were enslaved by the Egyptians, God led them out of Egypt and performing many, many miracles right before their eyes, to save them, to feed them, to give them water and they still sinned against him and even made graven images to worship. They grumbled and moaned against God and God's chosen leaders Moses & Aaron. God proved to them he was God. He proved his power, and by his righteous anger he proved the consequences of defying and sinning against him to them. It's all perfectly understandable and righteous in my mind.

Jan 21, 2021
"God setting opportunities for souls to be compatible with the Kingdom" is saying the same thing without giving atheists an angle to attack.

P

pottersclay

There is a difference between a angry God and a just God.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. When the very first verse of the bible is understood to it's fullest then the understanding of the events in the old testament can be seen.
From the time of adam and eve to noah God demonstrates his love, grace and mercy for his creation.
Providing a covering for our first parents shows God's love in a attempt for a continuous relationship with man.
Placing a mark on cain not to be harmed even though he walked away from the Lord shows God's mercy.
Taking enoch because he walked with God shows God's delight and reward.
Finding grace towards noah shows God's grace, love, reward and mercy towards his own.
Judgement came upon a people who went there own way with a total disregard of the creator.
They brought judgement upon themselves and their unbelief cost them their lives.

From Abraham to 70 ad God created a nation to be a light to the world. That this nation's history would show that there is a God and only one God. Judgement begins in the house of the Lord as this nation shows that there are blessings and cursings that come from above. How the word of God is truth and life.
And without him we can do nothing. That sin produces slaves and death.
That all the Lord had spoken is truth and sure. That he is the great I am from end to the beginning.
The history of Israel is the lord's footprint upon the earth. Proving devine intervention between God and man.

Jul 23, 2018
Trying won't get them anywhere anyway.
The kingdom is hidden for a reason. It stops the insincere from entering.
Hmmmmm
You got my wheels turning.
I like how you put that.
Sobering.
I am headed to the men's bible study.
I will borrow that with credidation.
I was actually pondering this very thing just a second ago.
I went out to eat with those men last week. I was sickened by their behavior towards a young waitress. It was beyond playful flirting.
Then in the carpool it continued. And even a step forward ......

I am considering termination of my attendance.

Apparently they are not sincere.

( No red flags.....and accountability should have kicked it)
My position is " missionary" in that bible study as I am getting very little from it.

They also accuse the brethren. Joel osteen is but one of them.

Jul 23, 2018
Was God's deadly wrath in the Old Testament only against those that had zero chance of entering Heaven? Can God be excused for wiping out the hopeless since He can see the outcome?
They are ALL raised at the GWTJ.