REASONS THE CHURCH IN AMERICA IS GETTING IT WRONG - ADD YOUR REASONS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 19, 2020
Its probably the same as here in the UK . The easier deception to spot being the wacky side of pentacostal church teaching essentially law of attraction to the other error of Calvinism teaching Lordship salvation . All these groups are way off the bible. Many are turned off from the crazy and believe they have arrived safely into the serious, scholarly, sensibility of reformed teaching not realising they have gone from one ditch into another .

What Denomination currently would your personal beliefs be similar to?

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
The church in America has changed or dismantled many of the old ways. They now offer circus shows and entertainment venues costing hundreds-of-thousands to stage, have centralized power into one man, disseminate political speech from the pulpit, adopted a "business model for growth", yoked with unbelievers, etc. What does the church in America need to change from wrong to right to be pleasing in God's eyes and for building up the Saints?
To say that the Church should just allow Satan and the world to control politics is why we are in the sorry situation we are in now. Look up Wallbuilders.com, and you will see that our Forefathers who founded this country did not agree with you AT ALL. They prayed without ceasing whilst in session, they created a Holiday just for God, so we as a Nation would be Thankful unto God, it's called Thanksgiving. They held school classes and taught the bible, prayed in school.

The reason the devil has abortion, homosexual marriage, etc. etc. is that we as a Church have allowed it by not participating. They have conditioned you, it seems, to think its a NO-NO, so Satan wins by getting g us to believe untruths, we are citizens of this nation, but yet we shouldn't care about this country's spiritual being as a Church, that makes no sense brother.

Mosses took down his staff and Israel starts losing. We stopped doing our part and Satan creped in unawares, got a foothold, then figured out how to game the system and cheat to win elections. Commies never play fair because their father Satan is a liar.

The Church's problem is they are TOO WORLDLY, and a part of that is thinking we should be in politics, we should allow this GREAT WORLD to handle all this. LOL............This GREAT WORLD is a mess, and God is about to judge their wickedness.. The bible says if God tells us to warn them of their wicked ways and we do not, then their blood will be on our hands (Ezekiel 3:18). Thus when Joel Osten refuses to condemn homosexual marriage as a sin to Ophrey, he is the problem, along with all others like him. It has nothing to do with being a part of the political process, that is a "WHISPER from Satan" He doesn't want us t be a part of politics where he can have HIS WAY. God is just about to have things His way. Amen.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Christianity is on the decline in America. There are reasons, many of them are the fault
of the church. Yes in general, the church is failing. So maybe pull your head out of the sand.
Why blame the church? It would seem human nature is more to blame,
and more to the point, the rebellious nature of the natural man toward God.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Witch burnings were mostly under one Catholic bishop, named Torquemada. The very few in America were puritans.
Most of the ones we learned about in US History class were in Massachusetts. It was due to ergot poising. The basis of LSD. People misunderstood a chemical psychosis for witchcraft. I have a certificate in substance abuse education. It's like an AA degree without algebra, humanities or foreign language or other fluff requirements. (I got a job, not a diploma.)

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
It seems to me that we need to roll back to the time of the apostles. They took their interpretation of scripture from what they learned from Christ. To know what the Lord tells us without man's ideas that contaminate it, we need to learn what we think is gospel that is only from man. We need to clean house.

The place to start is to study Constantine. He worked to make the gospel into something that would tie his nation together and be accepted by all Romans. Before, questions were answered by going to the apostles, after Constantine questions were answered by a church council made up of men. Before there was much acceptance between Jew and gentile, after they followed Constantine's "anything the Jews do we must not do for they are an evil people". It wiped out much scripture.

Our church today is based on Constantine as much as it is based on Paul.
Without
What Denomination currently would your personal beliefs be similar to?
Just the bible.

G

Godsgirl83

I haven't read from the start of this thread, just skimmed the Op a little and read the title......

all I am going to say for now (don't know if anyone has touched on this yet)

There is nothing wrong with a boat being in water, BUT water in the boat is not good.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Christianity is on the decline in America. There are reasons, many of them are the fault of the church. Yes in general, the church is failing. So maybe pull your head out of the sand.
I think we all agree that Christianity is on the decline, Christianity is failing to be a power for good.

This site is a powerhouse, it has many Christians who take part in it and many read it. Lets get our heads together and think of ways each of us can help to make our churches healthy again.

I'll start. The media is such a power for shaping the people of the world, lets try to get the word out that Christians should use any other source of entertainment. They use propaganda, why not borrow their method and use it to promote other entertainment?

The media not only shapes the people of the world, but our babies are raised with it. A baby absorbs and learns in amazing ways. The brain absorbs before it can sift out the information, and many babies are fed TV. Even children's program are not quiet learning, they use excitement. These are the people who will make up tomorrow's church.

It is a major tool for undermining what the church teaches.

Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Are you saying that no Protestant or Catholic believe in Christ as their savior? They certainly thought they were and many Catholics and Protestants would rather die than deny their denomination.
the research I have done, strongly indicates that historically, Catholics murdered and abused other people, for power and control.
My research of Christianity, suggests nothing of the sort, for Christians.

Nov 15, 2020
I agree that Christianity is failing, but world wide, not just in America.
Maybe your church is at fault like many/most are.
But my church is not and when people who know nothing about my church include it in those who fail, I will protest.
It is not my head that is in the sand but yours and those who want to judge people and churches you know nothing about.
It is interesting how so many that are so quick to make such charges have never been nor are they now a part of a local church. They seem to think they are so holy they can ignore the command to assemble.
It you are not a part of a local church you have no right to judge any local church let alone all churches.
failing, worldwide ?
Do you have evidence of that ?

Nov 15, 2020
I haven't read from the start of this thread, just skimmed the Op a little and read the title......

all I am going to say for now (don't know if anyone has touched on this yet)

There is nothing wrong with a boat being in water, BUT water in the boat is not good.
there is another phrase: "a ship in the harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for"

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
So, if the Bible is your standard, why isn't every Protestant Denomination being slammed by you, not just the Pentecostals?
I'm simply seeing that the bible is not trusted by some .

Oct 19, 2020
I'm simply seeing that the bible is not trusted by some .
So then, Not a matter of misunderstanding the WORD, nor abusing the WORD, or misusing the WORD. But about lack of trust. Which makes me think disbelief. And you consistently aim your example towards the Pentecostals specifically. And more profoundly at [word of faith/prosperity/charismatic].

Agreed that Doctrine of Prosperity is straight from the pits of [hell].
Agreed that those perceived connected with [kundalini] are not in the Holy Spirit.

But neither Prosperity or Kundalini represent the Doctrine of Pentecostal.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Why blame the church? It would seem human nature is more to blame,
and more to the point, the rebellious nature of the natural man toward God.
What it means is fewer generations are Christian which means that at some point young people reject the church they grew up in. Which has a lot of reasons, but I would say that church failing the family then inturn failing the young is likely the most probable cause.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Most of the ones we learned about in US History class were in Massachusetts. It was due to ergot poising. The basis of LSD. People misunderstood a chemical psychosis for witchcraft. I have a certificate in substance abuse education. It's like an AA degree without algebra, humanities or foreign language or other fluff requirements. (I got a job, not a diploma.)
Salem Mass. was a small Puritan settlement. Twenty people were eventually executed as witches, but contrary to popular belief, none of the condemned was burned at the stake. In accordance with English law, 19 of the victims of the Salem Witch Trials were instead taken to the infamous Gallows Hill to die by hanging. The elderly Giles Corey, meanwhile, was pressed to death with heavy stones after he refused to enter an innocent or guilty plea.

Like I said puritans not Calvinists nor Anglicans.

In europe it was quite different.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Salem Mass. was a small Puritan settlement. Twenty people were eventually executed as witches, but contrary to popular belief, none of the condemned was burned at the stake. In accordance with English law, 19 of the victims of the Salem Witch Trials were instead taken to the infamous Gallows Hill to die by hanging. The elderly Giles Corey, meanwhile, was pressed to death with heavy stones after he refused to enter an innocent or guilty plea.

I read that King James deported the puritans to Mass, because they were Calvinists and refused to bow to him or serve in his army.

B

Blackpowderduelist

In america I would say that the end results of Finney and his revivalist movement has emptied more churches of substance, of value, of men, and people than any other factors. From the effeminate contemporary "worship" music to narci-gesis. (Yep new word, it means what it sounds like. See : Steven Furdic.)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

Didn't the church of England obey the king and persecute Catholics too? Massachusetts was a British thereby a European colony was it not? BTW; Paul Revere never said the British are comming, he was British. He said the Red Coats (who were mercenaries) are comming.