RECOGNIZE THE BENEFITS OF FAILURE:

  • Thread starter Thread starter john96
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

john96

Guest
Don’t call failed experiments a failure. Call it an education!” At the very least, failure shows you what doesn’t work.
Failure forces you to be more creative; you look for new ways to do things.
Failure prevents arrogance and egotism. If everything you did was a stunning success, no one could live with you!
Failure causes you to re-evaluate what’s important in life. Failure is one way God gets us to reflect on the direction of our lives.
“Sometimes it takes a painful situation to make us change our ways” (Prov. 20:30, GN).
Ask God for wisdom to understand the cause for your failure. Ask, “Why did I fail? Is there any reason I might have set myself up to fail?”
There are many unconscious reasons we sometimes sabotage our own efforts:

  • A fear of success: Success may mean handling more responsibility than you want to carry.
  • A sense of guilt: If you feel you don’t deserve to succeed, you may have set yourself up to fail.
  • An attitude of resentment: Some people fail as a way to get even with those who are pressuring them to succeed.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all”(James 1:5, NIV).
Forget the past and focus on the future
Your past is past! It’s water under the bridge. You can’t change it so you may as well stop worrying about it.
“Brothers and sisters, I can’t consider myself a winner yet. This is what I do: I don’t look back; I lengthen my stride, and I run straight toward the goal to win the prize that God’s heavenly call offers in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 3:13-14, GW).
We serve a God of second chances—failure is never final unless you let it be!
 
John 96,
Your commentary is well developed and informative. It is a delight to see such wisdom.

May I add that sometimes what looks like failure is God's way of positioning one for a larger goal that is about more than that individual.

For instance Joseph who went from the pit to the palace and Jesus who went from crucifixion to resurrection getting up with all power in heaven and earth in his hand.:rolleyes:

Be blessed my brother,