Recommend Christian Artists for Newbies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Arelly

Hey Everybody... Well, first of all I love music.. but I dont know if a Christian should listen to secular music!
What do you guys think?? and another thing.. Can you please recommend some good Christian Artists or Songs :)
Thank you guys!!

Jul 29, 2009
Hey Everybody... Well, first of all I love music.. but I dont know if a Christian should listen to secular music!
What do you guys think?? and another thing.. Can you please recommend some good Christian Artists or Songs :)
Thank you guys!!
I've never had a problem with secular music but you should be discerning. If you want to stay all Christians, check out the WOW series. They are collections of various Christian artists by year. You can get a sampling and go from there. Also, I'll bet you have K-Love somewhere on your radio dial. Lots of good music on that.

G

Groundhog

No problem listening to secular music.

I would recommend Derek Webb. I like him a lot, especially his lyrics.

A

Arelly

I've been listening to Christian music all day.. Great songs.. Thanks everybody!

S

sweet_eyes

casting crowns mercyme chriis rice

S

spokenfor316

Thousand Foot Krutch, Red, Skillet, Kutless, Pillar, Falling Up, Seventh Day Slumber, Disciple, Anberlin, Barlow Girl

A

Abing

jars of clay!

blessed386

Jun 16, 2009
hey I recommend u this amazing bands: hillsong, planetshakers, this beautiful republic, sanctus real, newsboys, hawk nelson, stellar kart, the fray, since october..all those bands play awesome!!!

God bless u :)

W

wwjd_kilden

Michael W Smith (worship)
Della Reese (worship/ gospel)
Petra, Narnia, Hawk Nelson (rock)
Extol, Antestor (death/ prog/trash metal)
Zao, Neal Morse (prog)

R

Remmy

does anyone know any R&B gospel artist?

Aug 16, 2009
Extol (they sound evil but ARE christian), Cheapskates (various artists CD). I do know some good artists that arent christian but sound beautiful like "Loreena Mckennit", "Enya", "Pogo" (search "Alice" on youtube and its the first video and his website with free music DL is in the description) and "Sabrepulse"

Jul 17, 2009
There's lots of good secular music out there. :)

I don't care much for contemporary Christian music but there's one exception.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FcWL6YM2XU&feature[/video]