Red Cabbage Chips

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wwjd_kilden

what on earth does that have to do with the topic?

Anyways: Cabbage chips?! I heard of potato and carrot chips, but cabbage?
Hmmm. Do you use a fan ? (My oven doesn't have heat in the bottom )

PhnxPr2416

Feb 11, 2015
Ingredients:

red cabbage - 1 head
olive oil
garlic powder
chili powder
salt

Directions:

peel leaves off the cabbage (as far as quantity, just as many as you'd like to consume)
gently toss in olive oil
lay on baking sheet (i line my sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup) and sprinkle garlic powder, chili powder, and a little bit of salt
roast in oven at 250 for around 4 hours

bon appetit :)
This sounds like a wonderful thing to try. I've heard of things like this(well, kale chips actually), and I wouldn't mind giving this a shot, if I can get around to doing it. I believe I have all the ingredients, minus the "red cabbage".

T

Tintin

I find it interesting how many Calvinists there are; such faith in this particular topic would call for larger amounts of doubt in the church? However, we see the opposite effect, these people are some of the most faith filled people! I commend them for this; even though i strongly disagree with a passion.
I think you have far bigger problems than that, if red cabbage chips cause you to doubt your faith.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
~~~~
How long do you bake the Kale?
The member you have responded to has been banned for years so the answer is probably a long time. Personally, I am trending towards the red cabbage chips, but seriously, bake for 4 hours? We ain't cookin' no turkey here. :)

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
The member you have responded to has been banned for years so the answer is probably a long time. Personally, I am trending towards the red cabbage chips, but seriously, bake for 4 hours? We ain't cookin' no turkey here. :)
~~~~~~
thank you.....I rgrow kale and mustard greens and thought it would be good to eat kale chips instead of the greasy lays chips. and healthier

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
~~~~~~
thank you.....I raise kale and mustard greens and thought it would be good to eat kale chips instead of the greasy lays chips. and healthier
The thing about Lay's chips is that you can't just eat just one. Yeah, on second thought perhaps I will give the kale chips a try. What's your take on banana chips?

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
The thing about Lay's chips is that you can't just eat just one. Yeah, on second thought perhaps I will give the kale chips a try. What's your take on banana chips?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
only way I like banana is banana pudding...lol, chips and banana's sound ugh to me...lol, but I love the dried potatoes that come in the box to scallop potatoes

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
only way I like banana is banana pudding...lol, chips and banana's sound ugh to me...lol, but I love the dried potatoes that come in the box to scallop potatoes
I actually tried banana chips but found them a little hard on the teeth to chew. I love the Betty Crocker line of dried potatoes. The banana pudding? Yep, that's yummy too and so is bread pudding.