Not work, but rather a privilege.Yeah, love God with all thy soul is faith, love thy neighbor as thyself is work.
Not work, but rather a privilege.Yeah, love God with all thy soul is faith, love thy neighbor as thyself is work.
I'm not a huge fan of a "reductionist" gospel. I think it's to whom much is given, much is required. If you believe in Jesus, you'll get baptized (or do any other thing he wants you to do), or get chastised until you finally do that thing he wants you to do, or you'll eventually turn away from him. It's probably better to just get baptized, than wait until God sends a whale to eat you or something.
I am baptizedI'm not a huge fan of a "reductionist" gospel. I think it's to whom much is given, much is required. If you believe in Jesus, you'll get baptized (or do any other thing he wants you to do), or get chastised until you finally do that thing he wants you to do, or you'll eventually turn away from him. It's probably better to just get baptized, than wait until God sends a whale to eat you or something.
Not work, but rather a privilege.
Sweet! I wasn't replying to you in particular though, I was just putting in my 2 cents.I am baptized
LoveSlavery, work or privilege, all depends on your attitude.
You sure are angry. I hope you won’t be angry seeing people in Heaven who didn’t agree with you. If only you rejoiced for people who have faith in Jesus Christ. That would be a beautiful display of love and righteousness.
So when people are baptized by sprinkling, their profession of faith is not valid because of the baptism method and they are not filled with the Holy Spirit and ultimately they don’t have salvation?
I'm not a huge fan of a "reductionist" gospel. I think it's to whom much is given, much is required. If you believe in Jesus, you'll get baptized (or do any other thing he wants you to do), or get chastised until you finally do that thing he wants you to do, or you'll eventually turn away from him. It's probably better to just get baptized, than wait until God sends a whale to eat you or something.
When did Billy Graham say or write this? Do you have the source? I've probably heard a few Billy Graham sermons over the years, but I do not recall his urging people to be baptized after repeating the confessional prayer thing he had them do, which is often known as 'the sinner's prayer.'
From what I have been able to ascertain, the practice of confessing faith by means of a prayer like this became widespread after Billy Graham started doing it in his crusades. Other evangelists did something similar.
Over time, the parts about being a sinner, the cross, and the resurrection of Christ were dropped from some of the prayers and the preaching the preceded it in some churches. And a little speech about religion v. relationship was added, and other things like that.
"Baptized" in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Not water. When the church was born on Pentecost, all 3000 of them received the Holy Spirit first, and Peter baptized them later after his sermon. All of the disciples were baptized, John the Baptist baptized lots of people every day, but none of them was saved until they received the Holy Spirit on Pentecost. The truth is, we're all born of water in the womb, but to be born again, it takes the Holy Spirit and ONLY the Holy Spirit.
Nah, you’re angry and self righteous. You get hostile when you can’t control people who disagree with you. You also think your salvation depends on your actions. That’s works salvation which is heresy.Not angry...just determined to counter false guidance about God's word. Your type of course blames the speaker. Take God on in your PC reactions huh?.......I suggest not.
Any committed Christian will exhibit the same passion. Where is your passion?
To be truthful with you I am very disappointed that more CHRISTIANS don't exhibit passionate interest about the false scriptural references seen here.
Hopefully that will change. For now I will put forth every effore to garner attention to God's word. That is the assignment I have.
And you don’t. You place your faith in yourself. Very sad and very dumb.WOW...you got it.
It was the Apostle Paul who said we are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. (Php 2:12)Works salvationist?
good news, obeying the Gospel
Context
Loving God is trusting that what He says is true and acting in obedience to His commands. Everyone is to seek FIRST the kingdom of God and His way of being righteous. (Matt. 6:33) Jude 3 indicates there is a common salvation, and it can be found by earnestly seeking out what was first delivered to the apostles. This is recorded in Acts 2 and INCLUDES the need for obedience to God's command to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins and receive the Holy Ghost. This is the foundation spoken of in Matthew 7:24-29. Without it all of man's "building" will be washed away.Yeah, love God with all thy soul is faith, love thy neighbor as thyself is work.
I believe that’s about transitioning from a godless life to a Godly life. A life that is pleasing to God rather than taking His grace for granted.It was the Apostle Paul who said we are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. (Php 2:12)
I find it interesting when people declare others self righteous that insist on being obedient to what the Word actually says.Nah, you’re angry and self righteous. You get hostile when you can’t control people who disagree with you. You also think your salvation depends on your actions. That’s works salvation which is heresy.
God’s grace is a free gift given to people who place their faith in Jesus Christ. If you actually think the simplicity of John 3:16-18 is a false scriptural reference then you are to be pitied.
Thank you for the kind words. It is my sincere desire to help not hinder others.I believe that’s about transitioning from a godless life to a Godly life. A life that is pleasing to God rather than taking His grace for granted.
Jesus teaches us in John 5:24 that he who believes in Him shall not come into judgment but has passed from death to life.
On a side note, I enjoy conversing with you. You have strong faith and a good spirit. Thanks for taking the time to share.