REFORMERS - The LIght of the New World

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Is the salt and pepper delivered according to predestination or do they allow free-will in the amount dispensed on my fish and chips?
LOL.......guess what...yours are apostate pilgrims...they come with free will salt and lumpy pepper

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
You know I actually didn't know this part of history as far as the religious part goes, the way I was taught in school about thanksgiving painted a rosy picture but later learned it was actually really messed up what they did to the indians.

What is a calvinist image exactly? I never heard of this before but I do agree Calvinists do have their place at the table
I have no idea what a calvinist image is. Where did you see that written?

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Blain, you should also know that until the era of John Calvin the ONLY Christian doctrine was this so-called 'calvinism'
The Waldenses had the same basic tenets back in 1178 and before....no one know exactly how old that sect went back.
Even the Roman church was within those bounds until Constantine came along.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Is that all you think the T is ?

Limited atonement is because God has either passed over or elected those to be reprobates. Jesus did not die for everyone.

Irresistible Grace is mentioned no where in the scriptures.

P is not eternal security apart from works or fruit inspection. Its based on you not knowing if you are one of the only ones Jesus died for . As Jesus did not die for everyone in your theology you could be one of those that thinks they are elect, only to fall away later proving otherwise. You have to constantly look to works to assurance. Making the P the most destructive point in the whole system .
Here is TULIP as all REFORMERS know it since Beze refuted the Remonstrances:
T is total depravity.........meaning man is as bad off as he can be...spiritually dead.....the full effect of the fall of Adam (original sin)
U is Unconditional election.......that God chose His beloved before the foundation of the world....before His creation drew a breath
L -limited atonement......the atonement is limited to believers ONLY......no unbeliever is atoned for.
I - irresistable grace - that God's will cannot be thwarted, you cannot say NO to God
P. - preservation of the saints......once saved always saved....preserved by the One who bought us, not by anything we do

As a Christian of ANY 'ism' you should agree with at least L and P

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
T is total depravity.........meaning man is as bad off as he can be...spiritually dead.....the full effect of the fall of Adam (original sin)
U is Unconditional election.......that God chose His beloved before the foundation of the world....before His creation drew a breath
L -limited atonement......the atonement is limited to believers ONLY......no unbeliever is atoned for.
I - irresistable grace - that God's will cannot be thwarted, you cannot say NO to God
P. - preservation of the saints......once saved always saved....preserved by the One who bought us, not by anything we do

I passionately disagree with all 5 points .
All 5 points are really point 1 ( T) restated over in the other points .

Total depravity (also called total inability or total corruption) is a biblical doctrine closely linked with the doctrine of original sin as formalized by Augustine and advocated in many Protestant confessions of faith and catechisms, especially in Calvinism. The doctrine understands the Bible to teach that, as a consequence of the the Fall of man, every person born into the world is morally corrupt, enslaved to sin and is, apart from irresistible grace is unable to believe the Gospel.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

The other 4 points exist because of the T . The T extends to the conclusion of ' regeneration precedes faith ' The rest are just a natural consequence of the T ..Many are fooled into thinking the T is just that man is sinful and cannot in of himself save himself. Which we should all agree on that . No regeneration precedes faith is something else. The T in TULIP is the faulty idea that without first being regenerated we cannot believe the Gospel or even respond to the Holy Spirit.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
I passionately disagree with all 5 points .
All 5 points are really point 1 ( T) restated over in the other points .

Total depravity (also called total inability or total corruption) is a biblical doctrine closely linked with the doctrine of original sin as formalized by Augustine and advocated in many Protestant confessions of faith and catechisms, especially in Calvinism. The doctrine understands the Bible to teach that, as a consequence of the the Fall of man, every person born into the world is morally corrupt, enslaved to sin and is, apart from irresistible grace is unable to believe the Gospel.
ok

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
The other 4 points exist because of the T . The T extends to the conclusion of ' regeneration precedes faith ' The rest are just a natural consequence of the T ..Many are fooled into thinking the T is just that man is sinful and cannot in of himself save himself. Which we should all agree on that . No regeneration precedes faith is something else. The T in TULIP is the faulty idea that without first being regenerated we cannot believe the Gospel or even respond to the Holy Spirit.
so once saved always saved is not what you believe
whatever

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
so once saved always saved is not what you believe
whatever
Once saved ,stay saved yes . Eternal security yes . Sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption, yes .
The P in TULIP ? no . The P is insecurity and lack of assurance for the believer.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Blain, you should also know that until the era of John Calvin the ONLY Christian doctrine was this so-called 'calvinism'
The Waldenses had the same basic tenets back in 1178 and before....no one know exactly how old that sect went back.
Even the Roman church was within those bounds until Constantine came along.
No the only Christian doctrine before him was simply the testimony of Jesus Christ

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
But that is not the history of Thanksgiving. That is the history of America at a later period.
Oh I see what you mean now my apologies

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
No the only Christian doctrine before him was simply the testimony of Jesus Christ
AS ARE THE DOCTRINES OF GRACE.

It was in your original post in the last paragraph
Now you have me laughing. That "image" means just like all other images of Thanksgiveing...turkeys, pilgrims, horns of plenty, corn husks, etc etc The images of the Pilgrims reminds me of calvinism because that was their doctrine.
Got it?

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
How old are you?
Your questioning is very immature, so I assume you have not been churched for long.
Is that right?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
How old are you?
Your questioning is very immature, so I assume you have not been churched for long.
Is that right?
Yes you made this assumption about me before before, I am 29 and have been saved for eight years but age and how long one has been saved has never been a limitation with God. I question because because I love to learn whether one considers that to be immature or not is not important to me
However from what I have seen you are not mature as you think. You refuse to listen to anyone nwho opposes your stance with an unwillingness to learn or listen you think yourself to be well versed in scripture but fail to see beyond your own Rhetoric you lack the spirit of love and and are crude and sarcastic in your responses even with your laughing emojie's or the boring ones

Many have given you wise council including me but you do not have the heart of a student and so you are unable to listen and learn if one cannot listen and learn is that not in of itself a sign of immaturity?