regenerated

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

There is only one way to heaven, and it is not by the actions of man. It is all of those that God gave to his Son to die for their sins, and all that he died for will live in heaven with him, without the lose of even one. ( John 6 ). Those that will inter heaven are counted as the sand of the seashore and the stars in the heavens, enumerable. Gen 32:12, I surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude. Rom 9:7, Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children, but in Isaac shall thy seed be called, and continue through verse 11. In Matt 5, talking about the wide gate and the strait gate. Many ( God's children who have a lack of knowledge of Jesus's doctrine, and are believing and preaching a false doctrine ) go in thereat, which leads to destruction ( result of preaching a false doctrine ). The strait gate and narrow way are those children of God who have been revealed the truth of Jesus's doctrine. This way leads to a more satisfying and contented life as they live here on earth. Those that go into the strait gate do not have to worry that their children are eternally lost if they are not going to church, not obeying some of God's commandments, such as is the destruction of those that are believing a false doctrine.
If this is true, everyone would get to heaven, But of course it is not true. He did not just die for those who would later recieve his gift, He died for all. thus NO ONE HAS AN EXCUSE. And NO ONE CAN QUESTION HIS TRUE LOVE EVER AGAIN.

I think you need to think deep and hard what kind of person your making god appear to be to the universe.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
If this is true, everyone would get to heaven, But of course it is not true. He did not just die for those who would later recieve his gift, He died for all. thus NO ONE HAS AN EXCUSE. And NO ONE CAN QUESTION HIS TRUE LOVE EVER AGAIN.

I think you need to think deep and hard what kind of person your making god appear to be to the universe.
I think you need to think deep and hard, God does allow man to have free will in how man lives his life here on earth, but man's free will does not get him into heaven, because ( 1 Cor 2:14 ) the natural man, void of the Spirit, would never ask to be saved eternally. He can not understand God's spiritual law and does not believe he is in need of being saved. If this is true no one would get to heaven except those that God chooses to put his Spirit into. And that's the truth!

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I think you need to think deep and hard, God does allow man to have free will in how man lives his life here on earth, but man's free will does not get him into heaven, because ( 1 Cor 2:14 ) the natural man, void of the Spirit, would never ask to be saved eternally. He can not understand God's spiritual law and does not believe he is in need of being saved. If this is true no one would get to heaven except those that God chooses to put his Spirit into. And that's the truth!
Keep telling yourself that and one day you will believe it. God will not and His word testifies against it but you go ahead.

No belief no matter how ardently it is held that is in contradiction to Gods word can be deemed virtuous.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

E

eternally-gratefull

I have thought Deep and hard. Sadly, it appears you have not, You been listening to to many men teach you a particular doctrine.

Your right, the things of God are foolish

1. I can not know how to love as God loved,
2. I can not know how to stop sin, or what it means to live a righteous life. Because these things are unknown to me
3. I can not know how God sanctified people. Because those are doctrines a natural man can ot understand

however, where you wrong is the fact that man can chose to know God and receive his salvation.

1. Paul said what may be KNOWN about GOD is revealed. not only to a few, but to ALL MEN
2. The law was given to be a schoolmaster to lead people to christ. If one can not understand the law. then NO ONE could be drawn to Christ
3. The law says all have sinned, as paul said again, not only does the natural man know he is a sinner, but he knows he is condemned by that sin.
4. That means he can understand the atonement, and what needed to be done to save mankind.
5. Thats why Jesus said it was Gods will that whoever saw and believed would be saved, If natural man could n ot see and believe, NO ONE could be saved.

Your view will not prevent a future rebellion in heaven, If nothign else it will support one. Because, it states God created all these kids, But only chose to save some of them, even though NON OF THEM were worthy of it.

it would be like a mother having ten kids, and before they are born, She declare that kid number 1, 4, 7, 9 and 10 will live in her house and have a life of luxury, with her always, having every one of their needs met, and the rest will live in poverty and slums left to fend for themselves, and eventually be cast out from her sight forever, cast into a lake of fire where they will live forever in torment

no. You could say She gave birth to them, and she had every right, but even the most morally upstanding person in the universe would lack respect or be tightly bound to her (even her own kids would feel this way) and if someone sytarted a rebellion agains the lady, they would probably have many followers.

The bible says Jesus shut every mouth, that never again will there be reason for a rebellion. Because he proved he was not like that woman (like satan declaired him to be) but he loved all his kids, And knowing they would rebel against him did what was required to save all ten of them, Eventually 5 recieved her gift, and 5 rejected her gift and was lost forever. But no one would ever question her love, nor would there ever be a rebellion again.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I have thought Deep and hard. Sadly, it appears you have not, You been listening to to many men teach you a particular doctrine.

Your right, the things of God are foolish

1. I can not know how to love as God loved,
2. I can not know how to stop sin, or what it means to live a righteous life. Because these things are unknown to me
3. I can not know how God sanctified people. Because those are doctrines a natural man can ot understand

however, where you wrong is the fact that man can chose to know God and receive his salvation.

1. Paul said what may be KNOWN about GOD is revealed. not only to a few, but to ALL MEN
2. The law was given to be a schoolmaster to lead people to christ. If one can not understand the law. then NO ONE could be drawn to Christ
3. The law says all have sinned, as paul said again, not only does the natural man know he is a sinner, but he knows he is condemned by that sin.
4. That means he can understand the atonement, and what needed to be done to save mankind.
5. Thats why Jesus said it was Gods will that whoever saw and believed would be saved, If natural man could n ot see and believe, NO ONE could be saved.

Your view will not prevent a future rebellion in heaven, If nothign else it will support one. Because, it states God created all these kids, But only chose to save some of them, even though NON OF THEM were worthy of it.

it would be like a mother having ten kids, and before they are born, She declare that kid number 1, 4, 7, 9 and 10 will live in her house and have a life of luxury, with her always, having every one of their needs met, and the rest will live in poverty and slums left to fend for themselves, and eventually be cast out from her sight forever, cast into a lake of fire where they will live forever in torment

no. You could say She gave birth to them, and she had every right, but even the most morally upstanding person in the universe would lack respect or be tightly bound to her (even her own kids would feel this way) and if someone sytarted a rebellion agains the lady, they would probably have many followers.

The bible says Jesus shut every mouth, that never again will there be reason for a rebellion. Because he proved he was not like that woman (like satan declaired him to be) but he loved all his kids, And knowing they would rebel against him did what was required to save all ten of them, Eventually 5 recieved her gift, and 5 rejected her gift and was lost forever. But no one would ever question her love, nor would there ever be a rebellion again.
Wow, I don't know what version of the bible you are studying from, but my KJV of 1 Cor 2:14 must read a lot different than yours. The KJV could not be more plainer to understand the language it uses. The natural man , it says, will not, and indeed, can not understand anything that is of a spiritual nature, yet you say that he knows and understands God's spiritual laws. That's really stretching the scriptures to allow man to have a part in his eternal ilfe. You believe in eternal salvation by your good works, and that is just not true. John 6:38 says that Jesus will not lose even one of those he died for and if he died for all mankind, then all mankind will be in heaven. You limit God's power in that he accomplishes ALL his will ( Dan 4:35 ) And all the inhabitants are reputed as nothing; and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou? John 17:2, As thou hast given him power over all flesh (all mankind) that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. Rev says those that god loves, he chastens and in Psalms 73 we find that some men are not PLAGUED ( Greek translated- divinely punished ) as other men are. That tells me that God does not love every man.

E

eternally-gratefull

Wow, I don't know what version of the bible you are studying from, but my KJV of 1 Cor 2:14 must read a lot different than yours. The KJV could not be more plainer to understand the language it uses. The natural man , it says, will not, and indeed, can not understand anything that is of a spiritual nature, yet you say that he knows and understands God's spiritual laws. That's really stretching the scriptures to allow man to have a part in his eternal ilfe. You believe in eternal salvation by your good works, and that is just not true. John 6:38 says that Jesus will not lose even one of those he died for and if he died for all mankind, then all mankind will be in heaven. You limit God's power in that he accomplishes ALL his will ( Dan 4:35 ) And all the inhabitants are reputed as nothing; and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou? John 17:2, As thou hast given him power over all flesh (all mankind) that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. Rev says those that god loves, he chastens and in Psalms 73 we find that some men are not PLAGUED ( Greek translated- divinely punished ) as other men are. That tells me that God does not love every man.
Lol. Romans 1 says otherwise,

But hey, you wanna make gods character flawed, then so be it, but count me out.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Lol. Romans 1 says otherwise,

But hey, you wanna make gods character flawed, then so be it, but count me out.
I believe that most of God's children do not understand just how corrupt they are by their sinful nature, which we still carry inside our bodies and mind even though we have been born again. In Proverbs there is a list of things that God hates and at the top of the list is "a proud look", None of us deserve to go to heaven and none of us can get there by the things we do. God looks for the person who has a contrite heart to serve him. thinking that we have to let God save us, is nothing but pride in thinking that we can stop him from doing his will.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I believe that most of God's children do not understand just how corrupt they are by their sinful nature, which we still carry inside our bodies and mind even though we have been born again. In Proverbs there is a list of things that God hates and at the top of the list is "a proud look", None of us deserve to go to heaven and none of us can get there by the things we do. God looks for the person who has a contrite heart to serve him. thinking that we have to let God save us, is nothing but pride in thinking that we can stop him from doing his will.
Those who do not know how corrupt their heart is before the Lord are not His children. First step in coming to Christ is the conviction of sin. Then righteousness and judgment.

A man does not see his need of salvation until he is convicted of sin, righteousness and judgment.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Those who do not know how corrupt their heart is before the Lord are not His children. First step in coming to Christ is the conviction of sin. Then righteousness and judgment.

A man does not see his need of salvation until he is convicted of sin, righteousness and judgment.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
So, can you tell me how a man that is DEAD in sin ( 1 Cor 2:14 )can have faith in spiritual things? How is he convicted of sin when he does not understand God's spiritual law?

E

eternally-gratefull

So, can you tell me how a man that is DEAD in sin ( 1 Cor 2:14 )can have faith in spiritual things? How is he convicted of sin when he does not understand God's spiritual law?
1. Jesus - And when he comes, he will convict the world of sin righteousness and judgment.
2. Paul - the purpose of the law is to lead us to christ, to expose our sin, and to show us redemption.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The Holy Spirit convicts the man of his sin. His personal sin against God. If you do not know this it indicates a great gap in your knowledge of God.

Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The Holy Spirit convicts the man of his sin. His personal sin against God. If you do not know this it indicates a great gap in your knowledge of God.

Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Roger, You did not answer my question, on how does God convict a person that does not understand spiritual things. 1 Cor 2:14 plainly states that until a man has the Spirit of God, there is no way that he can understand things of the Spirit. Is it that you do not know how to answer it?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Roger, You did not answer my question, on how does God convict a person that does not understand spiritual things. 1 Cor 2:14 plainly states that until a man has the Spirit of God, there is no way that he can understand things of the Spirit. Is it that you do not know how to answer it?
You are not getting the message of the bible. You must have studied under Harold Camping. He never knew. You certainly have not received any of this from the Lord.

If you have received conviction of your sin from the Holy Spirit you would know what I am talking about. It's the John 16:8-11 words of Jesus.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You are not getting the message of the bible. You must have studied under Harold Camping. He never knew. You certainly have not received any of this from the Lord.

If you have received conviction of your sin from the Holy Spirit you would know what I am talking about. It's the John 16:8-11 words of Jesus.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I think that I am getting the message of the bible, at least the important ones, it is not up to mans own actions that saves him eternally, and, in the matter of eternal salvation, God gets full credit for a person's eternal salvation and man gets none. A person that does not have the Spirit of God and does not understand God's spiritual laws can not, in his mind, be convicted of breaking God's spiritual laws. Those of us that understand god's spiritual laws can, and are, convicted of breaking those laws. I have not yet had anyone that believes in eternal salvation by their good works, and that is what you believe, no matter how you try to hide it, can explain the meaning of 1 Cor 2:14. Would you like to try?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I think that I am getting the message of the bible, at least the important ones, it is not up to mans own actions that saves him eternally, and, in the matter of eternal salvation, God gets full credit for a person's eternal salvation and man gets none. A person that does not have the Spirit of God and does not understand God's spiritual laws can not, in his mind, be convicted of breaking God's spiritual laws. Those of us that understand god's spiritual laws can, and are, convicted of breaking those laws. I have not yet had anyone that believes in eternal salvation by their good works, and that is what you believe, no matter how you try to hide it, can explain the meaning of 1 Cor 2:14. Would you like to try?
Receiving the finished work of Christ is not taking credit for what I have done.

You falsely accuse me of a works based salvation. You favorite verses in 1 Corinthians testify against you in this matter. You claim to understand God Spiritual laws yet you demonstrate the direct opposite.

When Harold Camping passed from this world no one including him had any assurance that he knew what it was to be saved. He like you argued against mans need to accept what Christ had wonderfully wrought on the cross of Calvary.

If you could give a clear testimony of when you were saved it would put a lot of doubt to rest and allow us to move forward with discipleship.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Receiving the finished work of Christ is not taking credit for what I have done.

You falsely accuse me of a works based salvation. You favorite verses in 1 Corinthians testify against you in this matter. You claim to understand God Spiritual laws yet you demonstrate the direct opposite.

When Harold Camping passed from this world no one including him had any assurance that he knew what it was to be saved. He like you argued against mans need to accept what Christ had wonderfully wrought on the cross of Calvary.

If you could give a clear testimony of when you were saved it would put a lot of doubt to rest and allow us to move forward with discipleship.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I truly can not remember when I was born of the Spirit ( John 3:8 ), The wind bloweth where it listeth , and thou hearest the sound thereof, but cannot tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth. So is everyone that is born of the Spirit. Do not come back and say I quoted this verse wrong and tell me that I lied, unless you, first read it from the KJV. I do know that I have the evidence that I have been born again of the Spirit, unlike the man described in 1 Cor 2:14, which you have yet to explain. The finnished work of Christ is that he accomplished his Father's will, and that was to die for those that he gave him, and none else.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I truly can not remember when I was born of the Spirit ( John 3:8 ), The wind bloweth where it listeth , and thou hearest the sound thereof, but cannot tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth. So is everyone that is born of the Spirit. Do not come back and say I quoted this verse wrong and tell me that I lied, unless you, first read it from the KJV. I do know that I have the evidence that I have been born again of the Spirit, unlike the man described in 1 Cor 2:14, which you have yet to explain. The finnished work of Christ is that he accomplished his Father's will, and that was to die for those that he gave him, and none else.
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

For the cause of Christ
Roger

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

For the cause of Christ
Roger
But that is not an answer!