Reject man-made works and election religions, but instead : -

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I don't quite understand what you are saying.

I will just respond by saying that to a large extent our parents mould us into the people we are, and that is what God has done to me. I am who I am because of my love for Jesus.
Ok then

why would you fear walking away and losing salvation if it is all gods work? And why would you scare other people, by saying God may walk away from them also if they do not obey?

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
1 Peter 1v13-16

13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

Why is this confusing to so many here?

> Revelation of Jesus Christ
>>Grace is brought/given (Holy Spirit)
>>>Obedience flows herefrom, and is your choice.
>>>>Holiness is a requirement post your conversion experience.
>>>>>If the above wasn't necessary, it wouldnt be included in the Word of God.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
I see you are relatively new here

you have no obligation to answer people who think they run the place

they don't ;)
Don't let some people see you saying that!

Because, in their minds? They do indeed run the place.

You could ask 'em. But, they'd deny it! ;)

Being the good christian people they are. :unsure:

E

eternally-gratefull

God forbid we ask for clarification regarding heretical accusations.
Personally I just want to know who they were talking about. And if it was me, proof of why they think I a, that way

E

eternally-gratefull

“I don’t answer to ANY man.” But I will make unfounded accusations against others then refuse to support those accusations with unmitigated facts. 😆😆😆
Hence the problem..

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Ok then

why would you fear walking away and losing salvation if it is all gods work? And why would you scare other people, by saying God may walk away from them also if they do not obey?
If I was you and believed in eternal security I would not be frightened to do any number of things. OSAS seems like a licence to do anything.

E

eternally-gratefull

No one is good ~~ Jesus Christ.
...Obey every word of the law, yet STUMBLE in one point, guilty...

notice, he did not say willfully commit sin, he did not say commit these particular sins (murder adultery etc) he said STUMBLE in ONE (any) point.

this is gods definition of what righteousness is.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
That beautiful word grace stands out.
But here is the problem. The abuse of Grace. And that, I fear, is where the confusion lies. Jude says: 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about[b] long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

E

eternally-gratefull

If I was you and believed in eternal security I would not be frightened to do any number of things. OSAS seems like a licence to do anything.
yet you can do whatever you want as long as you do whatever you think it is to be forgiven

i can do whatever I want (all things are lawful as Paul say) it does not mean I WANT to do whatever I want, I KNOW There are some things that if I do it will not benefit me, it will in fact hurt myself and most probably others (bot not all things are profitable)

plus as i said in another thread, there are some things you do which really gets you down, it hurts, it tastes bad, it causes pain, plus we feel bad because we let our father down.

sorry, but you do not seem to understand what it means to be made a new creature amd how sin is poison, and how we want to please our father especially after al he sacrificed for us

PS

Jan 11, 2013
...Obey every word of the law, yet STUMBLE in one point, guilty...

notice, he did not say willfully commit sin, he did not say commit these particular sins (murder adultery etc) he said STUMBLE in ONE (any) point.

this is gods definition of what righteousness is.
Hey, you are trespassing on my thread and turning what was about living the Christian life into a debate about OSAS. Get off or I will put you on ignore.

E

eternally-gratefull

But here is the problem. The abuse of Grace. And that, I fear, is where the confusion lies. Jude says: 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about[b] long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.
those people abused the gospel by wanting it both ways, sin and salvation, they never repented, as Jude said, they deny Jesus, their future was alreadynset in stone

they were never saved, no more than the jews in galations who tried to pervert the gospel by adding works

both gospels are rooted in pride.

E

eternally-gratefull

Hey, you are trespassing on my thread and turning what was about living the Christian life into a debate about OSAS. Get off or I will put you on ignore.
I think you need to open a new thread, and start over.

this thread is about Works and religion is it not?

also, how can one live a Christian life if they are not a Christian?

ps, can you define man made works?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
yet you can do whatever you want as long as you do whatever you think it is to be forgiven

i can do whatever I want (all things are lawful as Paul say) it does not mean I WANT to do whatever I want, I KNOW There are some things that if I do it will not benefit me, it will in fact hurt myself and most probably others (bot not all things are profitable)

plus as i said in another thread, there are some things you do which really gets you down, it hurts, it tastes bad, it causes pain, plus we feel bad because we let our father down.

sorry, but you do not seem to understand what it means to be made a new creature amd how sin is poison, and how we want to please our father especially after al he sacrificed for us
That is total nonsense. Now get off my thread if you want to talk about your stupid cult and do it somewhere else.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I thank you for sharing your insight, believe me, I do, but I don’t see anyone here denying Jesus. I do however see constant attacks from works salvationists calling OSAS believers wolves and such.

E

eternally-gratefull

That is total nonsense. Now get off my thread if you want to talk about your stupid cult and do it somewhere else.
actually What I want to do is share with you how to become a true believer and how real discipleship and sanctification takes place

my stupid cult? I will tell God you called his body a cult, oh wait, he does not need me to tell him, he is all knowing.

Can you answer my question? What is man made works? What defines them?

E

eternally-gratefull

I thank you for sharing your insight, believe me, I do, but I don’t see anyone here denying Jesus. I do however see constant attacks from works salvationists calling OSAS believers wolves and such.
we are a cult :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: because we trust in god to,save us and make us righteous god fearing people who live in obedience..