Rejecting Homosexuality in all its Expressions Without Hurting or Judging Others is Vital to Being a Christian in Good Standing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

It isn't anti gay, it is anti-sin.
well there is the anti sin ammunition overall of course.
yet you look at some posts on here and gayness seems their least favourite sin.
maybe you rank heterosexual adultery on the same level but clearly many dont. because its a symbol of left wing politics, people hate it more?

John146

Jan 13, 2016
maybe you rank heterosexual adultery on the same level but clearly many dont. because its a symbol of left wing politics, people hate it more?
Do homosexuals who claim they are Christians believe they are sinning?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Actually, I would say LGBTQ garners the attention because their activists are publicly openly anti-Christian and are intolerant of Christian values.

M

morefaithrequired

Do homosexuals who claim they are Christians believe they are sinning?
Do all heterosexual Christians? Some are not even aware of their blind arrogance.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
loving balance is needed. Sin is plainly outlined and the truth is that homosexual practices are sinful. But i like how Jesus said that he that is without sin cast the first stone. We are all condemned and have all fallen short. No one has the right to condemn, we can stand uncondemned and guitless when we stand with Jesus. But don't forget that He tells us to go and sin no more. Homosexuals need this transforming experience as much as Mary Magdalene.
Joh 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, (homosexuality) in the very act.
......He lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
Joh 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
Joh 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

M

morefaithrequired

Just remember there are gays on the left and right side of politics. Not all of them are activists. Not all of them are seeking to take over mainstream society. Some just want some basic rights. Even some don't need same sex marriage. The same sex marriage debate polarised me against the gay lobby. I could sense they had a sneaky agenda too with the promotion of homosexuality in schools which is plainly sinister.
But my phase now is to defend the ones who just want to mind their own business and get on with their life. Like we all do.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I can assure you that,
as a brother in Christ,
you have many fine girlfriends,
here at the 'chat:cool:.
Thanks for the reassurance. This chat has brought many Christians into fellowship from around the world.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
God is spirit and would that He be worshiped in spirit and truth.. When the flesh gets in the way, it is just that, in the way. Remember we are to imitate Jesus Who did not come to condemn rather to forgive. Put this into practice and flesh will no longer block your path.
This was a good lively discussion for the darkest night of winter for northern climate's. We should help those who are not yet Christians to understand Bible words like "the flesh" is a term the Apostle Paul used to describe all aspects of human nature such as rebellion, unforgiveness, judging others, not just intimacy for Christians and gentiles.

Jesus said, "the spirit is willing, but the flesh (physical nature) is weak.". He also said that it's human weakness, that increases God's power.

So, the weaker a Christian may think they are, the greater God's power can be present.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
God is against homosexuality, and calls it an abomination, and did not create the natural realm to operate that way, and does not see it as love but lust which He said they burned in their lust for the same sex, and concerning men God did not make that part of the body for that purpose.

Homosexuality not only goes against the spiritual realm but goes against the natural realm of God's operation in the physical realm.

A person that has God working in their life will see that homosexuality is wrong and disgusting, and as more people are becoming atheist and going against the truth the more that people will become homosexual for since they do not like to retain God in their knowledge He gave them over to a reprobate mind which means God is not working in their life and they only go by the ways of the flesh, which in the flesh dwells no good thing, and the Spirit and flesh are contrary to each other.

But the new age movement is the future for this world and will pave the way to a kingdom where the world will rebel against God following the New Age Christ and persecuting all people that oppose them.

The Bible says they will forbid to marry which they want population reduction for the new age movement is of the occult, so they care about the earth for it is all they have, and believe people are still evolving to be spiritual this time provided by the New Age Christ, and do not acknowledge a personal God, but honor the God of forces, or the power of nature as their higher power, the evolutionary process that is their greatness and spirituality.

And since the new age movement is the future and the agenda and conspiracy for they are trying to establish it in the world for they believe in evolution and interpret the Bible and all religions according to evolution then they will push for homosexuality in society.

And make them believe they are born gay, and pointing out men in the media as dogs not caring about the welfare of women, and women as money hungry, and controlling, and try to put them at odds so they can drive a wedge between men and women so they cannot stand each other.

And when the new age movement is the unified religious system they will not care about marriage but will pursue things of the occult, and prepare to evolve in the future.

But the homosexuals will say accept us and let us live how we want to live, but then they do not respect the people that are against it for they should not be against the Church if they are against it, and then say accept us for being gay.

And being heterosexual was before homosexual and they are out of place, and it is lust and not love.

And the Church should be against homosexuality and not budge but they should stop doing demonstrations against it, and having rallies against it in public, and leave them alone and they know where the Church stands, and it will make the Church look better, and the Church cannot stop the homosexuality anyway for they will forbid to marry for population reduction when the nations come together and try to establish peace on earth, and the new age movement a unified religious system.
You make a lot of powerful statements here. It's true that same-sex is lust. But so is attraction between men and women, if it is not in a healthy relationship. Adultery (betrayal of a marriage trust) or trusting relationship between those of the opposite sexes, based on understanding and consent of free will, is more serious than other sexuality.

Adultery is more serious because it is a betrayal of a sacred vow or commitment. Marriage is not possible between same-sexes. And personal issues such as non-consensual sensuality with images of people you don't even know is considered kind of weird by some people, since it is healthier to make the effort to meet real people you can have a normal relationship with.

Risky behavior's can cause serious illnesses (STD's), and According to the Bible, there are bad vibes also and spiritual dangers with fornication (unhealthy relations).

The farther people chase a rabbit off the right trail, the more dangerous it can be, until one day a wolf might show up, and the rabbit says, "I'm protected by God, " and the wolf says, "this is my territory;. you left the friendly folks a mile ago, and 50 rabbits back.". And I'm looking for a reckless, lost rabbit, for dinner."

"Well, those 50 rabbits are my friends."

"Yeah? So why are they running from you? Maybe you're on the wrong rabbit trail."

"Well, maybe. And maybe wolves are a lot dumber than they look."

You can see how this could escalate into an unnecessary confrontation. And after so many rabbit trails,
What if the Lord said,

"Go talk to the wolf."
"You spend more time in his territory."

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Just remember there are gays on the left and right side of politics. Not all of them are activists. Not all of them are seeking to take over mainstream society. Some just want some basic rights. Even some don't need same sex marriage. The same sex marriage debate polarised me against the gay lobby. I could sense they had a sneaky agenda too with the promotion of homosexuality in schools which is plainly sinister.
But my phase now is to defend the ones who just want to mind their own business and get on with their life. Like we all do.
That is why in this discussion and so as to identify the particulars, the term activist was used so as to differentiate those from folks that believe in live and let live.

7seasrekeyed

if you would all eat your brussel sprouts

your vitamin imbalance would work itself out

and sugar plum fairies would dance about

note: not responsible if things go south. not all participants will have such positive results

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I think someone would have had to slip something into those sprouts for me to see sugar plum fairies dancing around.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :p:giggle:

7seasrekeyed

I think someone would have had to slip something into those sprouts for me to see sugar plum fairies dancing around.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :p:giggle:

we can arrange that

fairy dust?

T

TheIndianGirl

Homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord. If one has received the Lord as Savior, do you not think the Savior has the power to deliver that person from this?
A lot of gays, not as much in modern times in the Western world because being gay is more accepted, have committed suicide and tried "alternative therapies" where they have hurt themselves to stop being gay. Gays have been imprisoned and been subject to violence. Let's step in the shoes of a gay person for minute. The reaction/opposition they faced is why they have become activists. At the end of the day, people want to be with the people they love, and they are willing to fight for this. Christians need to think about how we interact/speak about LGBT folks. Calling them/homosexuality as "disgusting" and "sick" does not help.

M

morefaithrequired

That is why in this discussion and so as to identify the particulars, the term activist was used so as to differentiate those from folks that believe in live and let live.
ive just had a quick scan. i didnt see that distinction being made by the OP.

T

TheIndianGirl

You make a lot of powerful statements here. It's true that same-sex is lust. But so is attraction between men and women, if it is not in a healthy relationship. Adultery (betrayal of a marriage trust) or trusting relationship between those of the opposite sexes, based on understanding and consent of free will, is more serious than other sexuality.

Adultery is more serious because it is a betrayal of a sacred vow or commitment. Marriage is not possible between same-sexes. And personal issues such as non-consensual sensuality with images of people you don't even know is considered kind of weird by some people, since it is healthier to make the effort to meet real people you can have a normal relationship with.

Risky behavior's can cause serious illnesses (STD's), and According to the Bible, there are bad vibes also and spiritual dangers with fornication (unhealthy relations).

The farther people chase a rabbit off the right trail, the more dangerous it can be, until one day a wolf might show up, and the rabbit says, "I'm protected by God, " and the wolf says, "this is my territory;. you left the friendly folks a mile ago, and 50 rabbits back.". And I'm looking for a reckless, lost rabbit, for dinner."

"Well, those 50 rabbits are my friends."

"Yeah? So why are they running from you? Maybe you're on the wrong rabbit trail."

"Well, maybe. And maybe wolves are a lot dumber than they look."

You can see how this could escalate into an unnecessary confrontation. And after so many rabbit trails,
What if the Lord said,

"Go talk to the wolf."
"You spend more time in his territory."
I think I agree. Other than the physical act of homosexuality which is Bible says is an abomination when read literally, I don't see how being gay affects character or matters of the heart (betrayal, theft, lying, etc.).

M

morefaithrequired

A lot of gays, not as much in modern times in the Western world because being gay is more accepted, have committed suicide and tried "alternative therapies" where they have hurt themselves to stop being gay. Gays have been imprisoned and been subject to violence. Let's step in the shoes of a gay person for minute. The reaction/opposition they faced is why they have become activists. At the end of the day, people want to be with the people they love, and they are willing to fight for this. Christians need to think about how we interact/speak about LGBT folks. Calling them/homosexuality as "disgusting" and "sick" does not help.
i used to be an inflexible scripture verse pointing Christian until I discovered God wants us to be more human and less robotic.