Rejecting Jesus after previously being saved

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hanifan

Nov 22, 2023
My son was saved when he was in his teens. Now he’s in his 40s and has decided that he doesn’t believe Jesus is the Son of God! My heart is broken!

I’ve been hearing different opinions based on what the Bible says. Once saved, etc. I would like input biblically based of course. Also please pray for him!!!!

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
well there are warning to the effect of falling away, the outcomes are generally vague, probably for a reason, however I'm convinced there's no position he can take that's beyond repentance provided he wishes to.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
My son was saved when he was in his teens. Now he’s in his 40s and has decided that he doesn’t believe Jesus is the Son of God! My heart is broken!

I’ve been hearing different opinions based on what the Bible says. Once saved, etc. I would like input biblically based of course. Also please pray for him!!!!

If your son were to change his name, get plastic surgery and totally change his appearance, completely reject you and his earthly father, and never speak to you again…. Would that have any change in the DNA make up that is in him.

This is an easy question, because I provide the answer …. And the answer is NO.

There is nothing he can do to change the DNA within him…

I can promise you that the spiritual seed of holy spirit within him is much greater than his physical seed.

Seed is seed ….it can never be changed or lost.

If he accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and savior ….and only walked one day in light of the Word …. He has done more than all the unbelievers in the world.

People who try to make an argument for Christians losing their salvation have no biblical ground to stand on. I know the scripture that people use to say someone is not saved …. some of those mean the opposite of what they are trying project, and the others are way off base. People who claim we can lose salvation have their roots in a works doctrine …. Not Grace…. which is unmerited favor, which is how we are saved …

Old Testament believers had spirit upon (or in) them conditionally based on their walk ….…we do not. We were saved by grace…PERIOD. There was nothing we did to earn it, and conversely, nothing we could do to lose it.

When God says that spirit (seed) abides forever.... that we are sealed until the day of redemption.... that is Gods promise to all of us in this administration of Grace.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Eph 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Hanifan

Nov 22, 2023
If your son were to change his name, get plastic surgery and totally change his appearance, completely reject you and his earthly father, and never speak to you again…. Would that have any change in the DNA make up that is in him.

This is an easy question, because I provide the answer …. And the answer is NO.

There is nothing he can do to change the DNA within him…

I can promise you that the spiritual seed of holy spirit within him is much greater than his physical seed.

Seed is seed ….it can never be changed or lost.

If he accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and savior ….and only walked one day in light of the Word …. He has done more than all the unbelievers in the world.

People who try to make an argument for Christians losing their salvation have no biblical ground to stand on. I know the scripture that people use to say someone is not saved …. some of those mean the opposite of what they are trying project, and the others are way off base. People who claim we can lose salvation have their roots in a works doctrine …. Not Grace…. which is unmerited favor, which is how we are saved …

Old Testament believers had spirit upon (or in) them conditionally based on their walk ….…we do not. We were saved by grace…PERIOD. There was nothing we did to earn it, and conversely, nothing we could do to lose it.

When God says that spirit (seed) abides forever.... that we are sealed until the day of redemption.... that is Gods promise to all of us in this administration of Grace.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Eph 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Thank you so much for your kind and hopeful response. I will continue to pray for the rest of my life.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

You'll continue to hear different views on this site as well. In fact it is one of the most common and divisive topics discussed here. So if you're hoping to find unified answers to support a position, you've come to the wrong place, unfortunately.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
You'll continue to hear different views on this site as well. In fact it is one of the most common and divisive topics discussed here. So if you're hoping to find unified answers to support a position, you've come to the wrong place, unfortunately.
yes, i have been around here a long time, and what you said here is 100% true.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

I'm so sorry for your suffering.
I will pray that the Lord will put him in touch with a good preacher or Christian that he will open up to and consider the Lord..

I will post a soul winning message and if you want more, please reach out to me. They are good for becoming familiar with the verses and illustrations that help reaching family members easier.

Gospel...Good News

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023

the truth is your son was NEVER SAVED! perhaps, when a teen, he was too young to understand salvation. there is no such thing as being saved & then, deciding you're not saved. people who believe in that were never saved in the first place. once saved always saved is the truth. read 1st John: 5:10, & 13.