REJOICE!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Rejoicing:

The Biblical definition of rejoicing is:

Rejoicing describes the outward expression of our internal joy. In the Bible, rejoicing takes the form of leaping, shouting, singing, playing music and dancing. The Psalms in particular describe forms of rejoicing.

There are numerous Scriptures telling us to "rejoice." The "joy" we have through our walk with the Lord, and because of His wondrous grace that saved our souls and cleansed us of our sins which made us to be worthy to be called the sons of God, and heirs to the Promise.

Rejoicing should be what all Believers do each and every day! I believe that God loves to hear our "outward expressions" of our love for Him and what He has done for us. Remembering that while we were yet dead in our sins, He sent His only Begotten Son to die on Calvary's Cross; and the precious blood Jesus shed on that Cross was the "cleansing agent" we desperately needed to become worthy.

In times of wonder and bounty, we should rejoice!

As well, in times of sorrow and trials, we should rejoice! In all things, rejoice and give God thanks.

SCRIPTURES

1 Thessalonians, Chapter 5:
16) Rejoice evermore. 17) Pray without ceasing. 18) In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Philippians 4:4 - Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

Psalms 5:11 - But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Psalms 118:24 - This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Philippians 4:4-7 - Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

Romans, Chapter 5:
3) And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4) And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5) And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 6) For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Philippians 3:1 - Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

Brothers and Sisters: please rejoice! No matter the times you find yourself in or the trials you may be suffering with; REJOICE!

God bless you each and every one

User00

Dec 30, 2021
"When I looked for good, then evil came unto me: and when I waited for light, there came darkness.
My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
I went mourning without the sun: I stood up, and I cried in the congregation.
I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.
My harp also is turned to mourning, and my organ into the voice of them that weep."

Yet even still
"Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
We live in the world, a temporary world. Our earthly life and world is made in the image of God. Just look at all the wonders and beauty of our world. The mountains, the sea, the valleys, a new baby, love for each other.

There are demons and sin in this world, but God will conquer sin. As Christians we live in the kingdom of heaven, we know the evil the demons have brought about is temporary, we are not to resist it but endure. As Christians we know that what is of God is the eternal, the reality.

Even in the midst of sorry the world has brought we can rejoice in the eternal, in the glory the Lord has brought.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Bilk said:
we are not to resist it but endure

Perhaps resist and endure can be one in the same?

1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

James 4:7 - Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Galatians 5:16 - This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 - Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. (Read More...)

Hebrews 2:18 - For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Ephesians 6:10-18 - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. (Read More...)

James 4:17 - Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

James 1:14 - But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Luke 22:40 - And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.

Hebrews 4:15 - For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

1 Peter 5:8-11 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: (Read More...)

Psalms 119:11 - Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 John 2:1 - My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 John 5:4 - For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Romans 8:31 - What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

P

pottersclay

Rejoicing is a act of faith and is seen as foolishness to unbelievers.

We are people of faith believing in that which will surely come to pass. In stand in expectation, and hold fast to the promises that were given.