REJOICING IN SUFFERING

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Preacher

Banned
Apr 17, 2015
62
2
0
Read the Scripture: Romans 5:3-10


Rom 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;Rom 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.Thank you that through the pressure and testing you give a deep sense of joy. I trust that you will release in my heart your love, to steady me and enfold me and keep me strong and rejoicing.Life Application: Are we surprised by suffering? Did Jesus promise or demonstrate a trouble-free life? What is the 'inside information' about the goal of suffering that produces joyful expectation?
 
Jesus never promised us freedom of pain or suffering, no one suffered more than He. Jesus didn't even promise us happiness only joy which is different from happiness. Joy is in the knowledge of things yet to come, joy is in the hope of a future fee from pain and suffering. It's almost a circular thing.
 
Suffering is not to be rejoiced, unless I get crazy (and I don´t plan that).

At least I can cope with rejection, being different from those ways I was, but not to be bragging or saying it in proud.

At least I´m learning to be different from the way I was, but not happy for being deprived of several things I´d like to enjoy or have.

I´m sure Paul was a nut (and I do not please people´s nonsense)

:o