Relationships thru internet

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Relationships thru Internet: Are they correct?

• Yeah, why not? The love has not borders.

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Not at all. Too many reasons, like distance, and you really don't know the person.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Maybe, it can be possible that one day you get together.

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • It's a good way to feel beloved.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Is it possible? I've never thought about it.

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
S

Siberian_Khatru

It seems to me you can make just a good of a connection online as in person. But, as someone else mentioned, that's only until you've gone a little beyond typing to one another, as people can be quite convincing of being something they're not otherwise.

Whether it be webcam or talking on the phone, I think zhe internetz is a fine place for initiating fellowship, and a decent place for anything romantic thereafter.

C

Crossfire

It could happen. It has happened. However, the number of these relationships that go wrong far exceed those that go right. You really, REALLY need to get to know this person before you ever commit. It helps to get to know the family a bit as well. You never know what kind of difficulties you could run into even if the person is legit.

C

Crossfire

I tried Christiancafe.com and hated the whole experience. No one would respond to me if I wrote them, or if they did, wouldn't write back. One guy told me to buzz off when I said that I thought his emphasis on materialism was problematic. Really rude guy (maybe I was wrong to say so to him...) The ones who wrote me, very rarely, were people I had no theological compatibility with or else they wanted kids or something (I don't).

I agree. If you are serious about God and feel that you'd like to pursue ministry, you definitely don't want to get involved with someone who's belief system clashes with your own. I've discovered that in most cases like these, couples tend to stay away from church because they can't agree. Some do go on to join a church however, they are seldom very involved as a couple.