Relaxation Exercises

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
What do you do to relax? What type of relaxation exercises have you found especially helpful to you?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I usually walk in the evening-then do an evening exercise routine.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Walking helps a lot.

But I always run to my headphones for anything.

Nov 26, 2012
What do you do to relax? What type of relaxation exercises have you found especially helpful to you?
Get away from everyone. I have six in my home. After being around people all day, I come home and then am around people all night. Sometimes I just go in my room and shut the door......of course that’s when the dogs start barking to go out....then come in....then see I’m not doing anything so then they want to play. No rest for the weary.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Core exercises, plank exercises, and walking.

Silence

Jul 20, 2019
Get away from everyone. I have six in my home. After being around people all day, I come home and then am around people all night. Sometimes I just go in my room and shut the door......of course that’s when the dogs start barking to go out....then come in....then see I’m not doing anything so then they want to play. No rest for the weary.
I have the same problem I just want too get away from everyone and just find the world overwhelming and I have this heavy feeling that I cannot get rid of today show me the light someone

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
I don’t do relaxation exercises. I emphasize a lifestyle where peace and joy are constants. The bible gives you the formula:

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. - Isaiah 26:3.

You could implement this by downloading a flashcard app and adding scriptures affirming His peace in your life. Set an hourly reminder and pray it aloud or silently. Test it at home and see what happens. Notice how you feel at the day’s end. :)

We are told:

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. —Philippians 4:8

I’m fastidious about this and minimize my exposure to negativity, toxic behavior, media madness, and chronic complainers. I look for edifying programs, books, and topics that lift my spirits.

I don’t listen to or read the news. I pay for services like The Great Course Plus, Bluprint, and cultural channels for the arts (opera, theater, and symphony). I’ve whittled away mainstream content and interests because of the disparity in speech and message. Things presented to the masses are overt, base, and exceedingly coarse. I don’t want that in my head.

On venues like this, I limit my consumption. Religious and political topics are increasingly heated and avoidance is best. It doesn’t feed my spirit. I retire to bed with relaxing music in the background. The harp is very soothing and Calm Radio lulls me to sleep. The app is free.

Sometimes, I’ll turn on my humidifier and add drops of lavender essential oil to enhance the environment. I sprinkle it on my bed and use other scents like mandarine orange and lemongrass in my home. They’re really pleasant.

Overall, the best way to have peace is through prudence and discipline. My efforts would be meaningless if I didn’t guard my mind and heart. A steady stream of wholesomeness keeps the pressures and doldrums away. And when you encounter challenges you’ll remain calm and rebound much faster.

Jul 25, 2020
hello ,

I usually do the 10 minutes meditation every day in the morning. And i feel lots of relax through meditation.:):):)