Religious bigots and your understanding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Unfortunately this is true in many threads. A time comes when the discussion has
been exhausted, and everyone should move on. Of course, don't look for resolutions.
And then we do it all over again...

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Alas man has become like one of us knowing good and evil....if it's the trinity then the Angels and heavenly host don't know anything good or evil....or it's just the trinity and humans
Forget about all that,.

When God said let us go down in the beginning,

Who was the us ?.

Another member pointed out there is evidence of distinct spiritual persons and physical body

Revelation 5:1:And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. Here God has a right hand and Christ takes the scroll (book) out of His right hand: And he [Christ] came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
No, not exactly. Unpleasant sure enough, maybe the pointless round and round with nonresolution. The seemingly no order of thought. Where one reply to another is sometimes a nonsequitor and others; just as it appears to be a cohearant response suddenly ends up far off the rails, in what seems to be an intentional conflation of the others intent. While some seem to coverse rationally while dis/agreeing yet failing to understand the other. But not entirely, this is all mingled in to an almost normal discussion. I wonder if all speak the same language or if it is many dialects that sounds the same while many of the words mean something different?
Like an ever growing web of complexity, but no purpose or meaning.
I believe what you are describing here is what many great pastors I've heard over the years say about Satan himself. He is the father of lies, the deceiver. I believe that this unordered rhetoric is much more sinister than atheism. It actually claims to be Christianity but purposely lies about who Jesus is and, therefore, leads many sheep to slaughter.

We just have to keep fighting against it. Although it's difficult since cults like the Jehovah's Witnesses are ruthlessly led by some of the Devil's strongest generals.

I typically don't debate or argue with JWs since Satan is their direct leader, and the only way to break the bond is through prayer. I think our role is to spread the Gospel to everyone else and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.

Here's the caveat: We have to be even more relentless about spreading the Gospel than the JWs are about spreading Satan's lies. And right now, the people of Christ's church are absolutely failing miserably at that, me included.

L

Locoponydirtman

I believe what you are describing here is what many great pastors I've heard over the years say about Satan himself. He is the father of lies, the deceiver. I believe that this unordered rhetoric is much more sinister than atheism. It actually claims to be Christianity but purposely lies about who Jesus is and, therefore, leads many sheep to slaughter.

We just have to keep fighting against it. Although it's difficult since cults like the Jehovah's Witnesses are ruthlessly led by some of the Devil's strongest generals.

I typically don't debate or argue with JWs since Satan is their direct leader, and the only way to break the bond is through prayer. I think our role is to spread the Gospel to everyone else and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.

Here's the caveat: We have to be even more relentless about spreading the Gospel than the JWs are about spreading Satan's lies. And right now, the people of Christ's church are absolutely failing miserably at that, me included.
Helter skelter, is always the work of Satan.

Part of the trouble is that many christians dont really know who the Gospel is, because so many churches dont spend much if any time on Jesus, who He Is, and what He has done. I have heard to many sermons about buzz words (that usually amount to material prosperity) and very little about conviction of sin, forgiveness of Christ, and standing against wickedness in our personal lives, family, and community.

Franc254

Oct 7, 2022
Forget about all that,.

When God said let us go down in the beginning,

Who was the us ?.

Another member pointed out there is evidence of distinct spiritual persons and physical body

Revelation 5:1:And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. Here God has a right hand and Christ takes the scroll (book) out of His right hand: And he [Christ] came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
Rev. 7:17
"For the Lamb on the throne will be their Shepherd. He will lead them to springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Rev. 7:17
"For the Lamb on the throne will be their Shepherd. He will lead them to springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe every tear from their eyes."
yes but who's the lambs shepherd, Jesus needed love to, he called out to his father in anguish 😊

Franc254

Oct 7, 2022
yes but who's the lambs shepherd, Jesus needed love to, he called out to his father in anguish 😊
true he did but lets start from this point

a simple question, how did the Father (God) speak to the prophets in the old times? we start from there

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
true he did but lets start from this point

a simple question, how did the Father (God) speak to the prophets in the old times? we start from there
They where filled with the holy spirit temporally.

So we have to conclude the holy spirit couldn't stay permanently because a new seed had to be born.

The new seed being the human mind that conquered sin. Jesus

Then that seed being passed down in the form of the fruits of the spirit.

But still who waters the fountain and who is the creator of all things

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
No, not exactly. Unpleasant sure enough, maybe the pointless round and round with nonresolution. The seemingly no order of thought. Where one reply to another is sometimes a nonsequitor and others; just as it appears to be a cohearant response suddenly ends up far off the rails, in what seems to be an intentional conflation of the others intent. While some seem to coverse rationally while dis/agreeing yet failing to understand the other. But not entirely, this is all mingled in to an almost normal discussion. I wonder if all speak the same language or if it is many dialects that sounds the same while many of the words mean something different?
Like an ever growing web of complexity, but no purpose or meaning.
Totally agree yet here we are ...

Franc254

Oct 7, 2022
They where filled with the holy spirit temporally.

So we have to conclude the holy spirit couldn't stay permanently because a new seed had to be born.

The new seed being the human mind that conquered sin. Jesus

Then that seed being passed down in the form of the fruits of the spirit.

But still who waters the fountain and who is the creator of all things

you see the purpose of asking that is anchored in the book of Hebrews chapter 1:1-2

"In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe"

so from this we learn one fundamental thing, God in times past was speaking as you have said through the Holy spirit which is true and one of the things God spoke to the ancestors was the message of salvation.

for example in the book of Ezekiel 34:23-24 "I will place over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he will tend them; he will tend them and be their shepherd. 24 I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them. I the Lord have spoken"

or Isaiah 49:6 "
he says:
“It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
to restore the tribes of Jacob
and bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”

All this are messages of salvation that the Holy spirit communicated to the prophets now lets go the book of peter

1st Peter 1:10 "Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow "

Now I want you to look at the highlighted texts carefully

Now we understand that when God was speaking through the Holy Spirit as you have correctly stated, it was the spirit of Jesus now this is not a different person ...The spirit of Christ was pointing in them the sufferings the Messiah would suffer....so why is the spirit of Christ not saying "these are the things I would suffer" The prophecy of the sufffering servant is a prime example how the Holy spirit(the spirit of Christ) predicted the suffering of the messiah and yet he doesnt say the things he (the Holy Spirit as a person ) would suffer and yet he is reffered to as the spirit of Christ ...Remember from the wordings it is his spirit(Christ's spirit) not a distinct person. His.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
you see the purpose of asking that is anchored in the book of Hebrews chapter 1:1-2

"In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe"

so from this we learn one fundamental thing, God in times past was speaking as you have said through the Holy spirit which is true and one of the things God spoke to the ancestors was the message of salvation.

for example in the book of Ezekiel 34:23-24 "I will place over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he will tend them; he will tend them and be their shepherd. 24 I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them. I the Lord have spoken"

or Isaiah 49:6 "
he says:
“It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
to restore the tribes of Jacob
and bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”

All this are messages of salvation that the Holy spirit communicated to the prophets now lets go the book of peter

1st Peter 1:10 "Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow "

Now I want you to look at the highlighted texts carefully

Now we understand that when God was speaking through the Holy Spirit as you have correctly stated, it was the spirit of Jesus now this is not a different person ...The spirit of Christ was pointing in them the sufferings the Messiah would suffer....so why is the spirit of Christ not saying "these are the things I would suffer" The prophecy of the sufffering servant is a prime example how the Holy spirit(the spirit of Christ) predicted the suffering of the messiah and yet he doesnt say the things he (the Holy Spirit as a person ) would suffer and yet he is reffered to as the spirit of Christ ...Remember from the wordings it is his spirit(Christ's spirit) not a distinct person. His.
I hear what your saying 😂 I don't see what the disagreement is other than Jesus is or isn't a distinct person.

But let's say he isn't

God certainly is a distinct person from all of us 😊.

But obviously someone we can come to know, but only in full one day.

My suspicion is he has blue eyes but then I could be biaz.