REMEMBER THE CROSS. HEBREWS 10:17

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
[TABLE="class: yiv2219438716templateContainer, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE="class: yiv2219438716mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv2219438716mcnTextBlockInner"][TABLE="class: yiv2219438716mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv2219438716mcnTextContent, align: center"]…“Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
Hebrews 10:17[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE="class: yiv2219438716mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv2219438716mcnTextBlockInner"][TABLE="class: yiv2219438716mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv2219438716mcnTextContent"]- JANUARY 3 -
REMEMBER THE CROSS

[HR][/HR]
I don’t know about you, but I would say that Hebrews 10:17 is good news. God sees all our sins—past, present and future—and says, “Your sins I remember no more!” The words“no more” are a strong double negative in the original Greek text. In other words, God is saying, “Your sins I will by no means ever remember!”

Has God lowered His standards? No, He is still perfectly holy. He did remember all our sins—2,000 years ago at the cross. Every sin which we have committed or will commit has been punished to the full in the body of Jesus Christ at the cross.That is why today, God remembers our sins no more. We should, therefore, not be sin-conscious.

Each time we feel condemned for our past mistakes, God wants us to remember the cross and say,“Lord Jesus, you were sentenced for this sin I committed. You bore the judgment, so God will not judge me for this sin. You were condemned for this sin, so God will not condemn me for it.”

If you don’t look to the cross, you will become sin-conscious and you will walk around with a certain expectation of divine judgment. This will only lead to despair and more sin.

You must come to the place where you know and believe that all your sins are forgiven, and that you are saved eternally. Such security enables you to come to God and receive His grace and power to overcome sin.

Hebrews 10:12, 14 says, “But this Man [Jesus], after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God... For by one offering He has perfected forever...”

You and I are perfected forever because of Jesus’ perfect work on the cross. We are perfected by God’s full acceptance and perfect delight in His Son’s work. Beloved, hear God say to you, “I will be merciful. Your sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more,” and live for His glory!

Destined To Reign Daily Devotional
Pastor Joseph Prince
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
I've noticed many Christians believe there is still judgment coming upon them. Reading Heb.10:17 says clearly among many other verses in the Bible that our sins and lawless deeds will be remembered no more. This is either true or it's a lie. God can't lie so it's totally true. As believers in Christ., we now have Jesus righteousness and can't become any more righteous than we were made in Christ at the time of our salvation.

And because our sins and lawless deeds are no more remembered by God., we are not condemned Romans 8:1 There is there fore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. This is GOOD NEWS.

Last edited: