Remember what I've done for you....

  • Thread starter Thread starter QuietCaptiveFreed
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Q

QuietCaptiveFreed

Guest
Today was one of those days that just dripped hopelessness. You probably know the kind. You wake up and there is just a weariness in the air. Work is fine. Kids are doing ok. The bills are paid. But suddenly the weight of the world is on your shoulders and the difficulty of this life just seems to overwhelm. I'm not talking about depression or hormones here. Just reality. For some this life does seem to go well. But for many of us who have lost a loved one too soon, gone through a divorce, lost a dream, or just smacked in the face with the fact that this earth is not our home, this life can be excruciating.
I came home from work today and plopped down to watch a favorite sitcom in order to escape but didn't make it too long before I finally clicked the off button and headed to my bedroom/sanctuary where I poured out my heart to God through words and tears. Various scriptures came to mind as I tried to discern some kind of "sign" from God that He cared I was in this state. There wasn't a specific scripture that stood out. But there was a word.
Remember.

Deuteronomy 6:12
Be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

God has given me days and experiences and people that are nothing short of miracles. We all have those things that come to mind that we know were from God and nobody will ever convince us otherwise. But I've come to believe that those "glimpses of God" are not just blessings he threw my way because I caught him on a good day. They are perfectly timed and intricately created events designed specifically for my heart as well as my mind. Gifts for me to enjoy at the time they were given as well as remembered during seasons of spiritual drought. A mental database I can go to on days like today and know that I know that I know.
He is here.

Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them. Glorious and majestic are his deeds and his righteousness endures forever. He has caused his wonders to be remembered......
(Psalm 111:2-4)