Reminds me of......

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 26, 2017
Remember J.F. Kennedy in his famous speech to the nation..."Ask not what America can do for you but what you can do for America"

The days of the miraculous healings are gone. The scripture does talk about what God will do for the sick ."Jehovah will sustain him on his sickbed.”—PS. 41:3.

Note: MY bible still uses God's name.

Jehovah is not responsible for the sickness in the world, it is not one's "Cross to bear", sickness along with all the viciousness now seen by mankind and perpetrated by mankind is accountable to Satan.

We read: “Be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them!” (Revelation 12:12)
... Terrible things happen to people “because the Devil has come down” and he has “great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time

This is what the Bible says, not me, It is not my words but it is what I believe. I would be please to hear other opinions.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
​Hi Bronson, You already messed up. :)

Here's the full verse in Psalm 41:3.
The Lord will sustain him upon his sickbed;
In his illness, You restore him to health.

Sorry, but his proves nothing about the miraculous having ended. If anything, it proves the opposite.

By why the OT, why not quote the new?

In the NT we see Jesus healing. We also see the apostles afterwards healing people miraculously. Miracles have never ended. Our God is still working miracles today.

U

Ugly

This section is for giving testimonies. Why start a debate thread here?

Jul 26, 2017
​Hi Bronson, You already messed up. :)

Here's the full verse in Psalm 41:3.
The Lord will sustain him upon his sickbed;
In his illness, You restore him to health.

Sorry, but his proves nothing about the miraculous having ended. If anything, it proves the opposite.

By why the OT, why not quote the new?

In the NT we see Jesus healing. We also see the apostles afterwards healing people miraculously. Miracles have never ended. Our God is still working miracles today.
When Jesus ascended into the heavenly realm and the apostles and disciples that had received the Holy Spirit from God had died out this ability to preform miraculous deeds died out with them. It was not passed on like some sort of inheritance, it just past into disuse. Imagine if the ability to cause things miraculous to happen the Dark Ages would never have transpired.

In the first century, Jehovah anointed Christians with his holy spirit and gave some of them the ability to perform miracles. (Acts 3:2-7; 9:36-42) For example, they could heal people and speak in different languages. (1 Corinthians 12:4-11) But later those miracles ended, just as the Bible said they would. (1 Corinthians 13:8) So today we cannot expect a miracle from God to heal us or our loved ones.

So think about your statement of me messing up and you just wanting to think that you are a beneficiary of God alone.

PS: I refer to the scriptures as the Hebrew and the Greek, not the old and the new as all the Bible has meaning for mankind today. ut that is my privilege.

Jul 26, 2017
'cause I'm a newbe!!!!!! I will go to debates.

Feb 28, 2016
miraculous Spiritual and Physical Healings have definitely NOT ceased...

I 'broke my neck and was so devastatingly bodily broken, but guess what?
I was healed to the extent of 'non-paralysis', so FAR, but I know for sure that
Jesus healed me of so many of my injuries, past, present...hub also!
we both give Him all of the Glory due Him, and NEVER DOUBT that
He is the SAME, yesterday, today, and forever'...

if you have not been a witness to such things, one should keep their lack of knowledge
to themselves in order to not make themselves look foolish or lacking in Pure Faith...

we both have witnessed the miraculous and healings, many times...

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017
miraculous Spiritual and Physical Healings have definitely NOT ceased...

I 'broke my neck and was so devastatingly bodily broken, but guess what?
I was healed to the extent of 'non-paralysis', so FAR, but I know for sure that
Jesus healed me of so many of my injuries, past, present...hub also!
we both give Him all of the Glory due Him, and NEVER DOUBT that
He is the SAME, yesterday, today, and forever'...

if you have not been a witness to such things, one should keep their lack of knowledge
to themselves in order to not make themselves look foolish or lacking in Pure Faith...

we both have witnessed the miraculous and healings, many times...
Good for you, psychosomatic suggestion is a great healer at times and I have seen that in reality; however, if you are allowed to express your opinion, I would opine that my opinion is equal of even superior to your opinion, IMO.

I suffered a spinal injury, the pain was excruciating at times. I spent many hours talking to doctors and surgeons until my mind came to accept that I could do nothing to change the condition. The mind took over and I became used to the pain to the point that I could handle it on a daily basis. Nothing miraculous there, just getting on with it.

Feb 7, 2015
Good for you, psychosomatic suggestion is a great healer at times and I have seen that in reality; however, if you are allowed to express your opinion, I would opine that my opinion is equal of even superior to your opinion, IMO.

I suffered a spinal injury, the pain was excruciating at times. I spent many hours talking to doctors and surgeons until my mind came to accept that I could do nothing to change the condition. The mind took over and I became used to the pain to the point that I could handle it on a daily basis. Nothing miraculous there, just getting on with it.
You've managed to find the God you expected to find.... and not a bit more. So, be happy, and let others believe they are healed..... as the God they believe in promised them.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
When Jesus ascended into the heavenly realm and the apostles and disciples that had received the Holy Spirit from God had died out this ability to preform miraculous deeds died out with them. It was not passed on like some sort of inheritance, it just past into disuse. Imagine if the ability to cause things miraculous to happen the Dark Ages would never have transpired.In the first century, Jehovah anointed Christians with his holy spirit and gave some of them the ability to perform miracles. (Acts 3:2-7; 9:36-42) For example, they could heal people and speak in different languages. (1 Corinthians 12:4-11) But later those miracles ended, just as the Bible said they would. (1 Corinthians 13:8) So today we cannot expect a miracle from God to heal us or our loved ones.So think about your statement of me messing up and you just wanting to think that you are a beneficiary of God alone.PS: I refer to the scriptures as the Hebrew and the Greek, not the old and the new as all the Bible has meaning for mankind today. ut that is my privilege.
Well that's where I think you're mistaken as well. You misquoted an OT scripture to try to prove your point and now you're giving an opinion that's not substantiated with scripture.

Each believer is baptized in the Holy Spirit and receive gifts from Him. Healing is not passed on from one believer to another. The person God uses to heal is filled with the Holy Spirit and the power comes from Him. It's not something you pass along from one human to another.

So you must be JW?

I think it's time to bow out of the conversation. We don't serve the same God, so there will be no agreement here.

Jul 26, 2017

Well that's where I think you're mistaken as well. You misquoted an OT scripture to try to prove your point and now you're giving an opinion that's not substantiated with scripture.

Each believer is baptized in the Holy Spirit and receive gifts from Him. Healing is not passed on from one believer to another. The person God uses to heal is filled with the Holy Spirit and the power comes from Him. It's not something you pass along from one human to another.

So you must be JW? (Are you looking for a messenger to kill?) Bronson

I think it's time to bow out of the conversation. We don't serve the same God, so there will be no agreement here.
Allow me this question: who, amongst all mankind would be cured miraculously? Are there certain criteria for these cures? God created the human body with the ability to cure itself, and that happens on a daily basis without you actually knowing it is going on, but it is not the miraculous cure that you wish to be a part of, is it?

The scripture in Paul's letter to the Corinthians is not from the OT as you call it, but from the Christian Greek Scriptures.

You have the right of choice, even if your choice is not in line with the Word of God. I am not condemning you for exercising that choice.

Jul 26, 2017
You've managed to find the God you expected to find.... and not a bit more. So, be happy, and let others believe they are healed..... as the God they believe in promised them.
I wonder what would have happened if Jesus had said nothing, had not been full on in his ministry and just let everyone believe what they wanted to believe?

With all the different dogma and tenets in religion one has to first decipher who the god is that they worship, is it the God of Creation or is it the god of the world?

Even the god of the world could cause one to believe they have had some miraculous cure.

Again: I am not denigrating people, I am trying to understand the concepts, and why they are so strong in some people and completely denied by others.

Feb 7, 2015
I wonder what would have happened if Jesus had said nothing, had not been full on in his ministry and just let everyone believe what they wanted to believe?

With all the different dogma and tenets in religion one has to first decipher who the god is that they worship, is it the God of Creation or is it the god of the world?

Even the god of the world could cause one to believe they have had some miraculous cure.

Again: I am not denigrating people, I am trying to understand the concepts, and why they are so strong in some people and completely denied by others.
Yet, He DIDN'T say "nothing." But, we have to listen to what He said, and believe it. ("What if's" really don't go too far.)

Last edited:

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Allow me this question: who, amongst all mankind would be cured miraculously? Are there certain criteria for these cures? God created the human body with the ability to cure itself, and that happens on a daily basis without you actually knowing it is going on, but it is not the miraculous cure that you wish to be a part of, is it?The scripture in Paul's letter to the Corinthians is not from the OT as you call it, but from the Christian Greek Scriptures.You have the right of choice, even if your choice is not in line with the Word of God. I am not condemning you for exercising that choice.
Hi Bronson,
God answers prayers as He wills, not as we will.

I was referring to your first scripture in your opening post in Psalms. And your other scriptures you posted didn't help either, but instead you gave an opinion. I was speaking of your opinion you shared because even though you quote scripture, you don't use them correctly.

Instead we are hearing an opinion from one man named Bronson who is a JW. And no, I'm not looking to kill anyone. You can't expect as a JW on a Christian forum that anyone would agree with you. I mention your JW belief for those who are new believers so that they are forewarned that you don't believe in Christian doctrine.

You deny the Deity of Christ and you deny the Trinity. Jesus is simply God's first created being. The Holy Spirit is a force rather than the 3rd person of the Trinity.

So that's why I'll back away. I know we won't agree on anything.

I hope you come to the true faith.

Jul 26, 2017

Hi Bronson,
God answers prayers as He wills, not as we will.

I was referring to your first scripture in your opening post in Psalms. And your other scriptures you posted didn't help either, but instead you gave an opinion. I was speaking of your opinion you shared because even though you quote scripture, you don't use them correctly.

Instead we are hearing an opinion from one man named Bronson who is a JW. And no, I'm not looking to kill anyone. You can't expect as a JW on a Christian forum that anyone would agree with you. I mention your JW belief for those who are new believers so that they are forewarned that you don't believe in Christian doctrine.

You deny the Deity of Christ and you deny the Trinity. Jesus is simply God's first created being. The Holy Spirit is a force rather than the 3rd person of the Trinity.

So that's why I'll back away. I know we won't agree on anything.

I hope you come to the true faith.
Well now, I must answer your criticism with truth, something you might like to try. You are guessing at my status as a Christian, when in truth, you are not a Christian yourself if you take part in the pagan festivals of Christendom, and I assume you do.

I might ask, what other beliefs do you preclude from these forums? Who gave you the right to Judge? Why do you resort to lies to denigrate the JWs?

Obviously, you have not bothered to confirm your lies on the subject. So, on that note, the JWs have nothing to fear from your warning, instead they should look towards you in fear.

To help you in your attack: Jesus is the only begotten son of God the creator, and the Holy Spirit is God the creator's active force, a force that he can bestow on others. God's active force builds up in the heart of those that pursue the Truth, so my lost friend, you had better do a turn around.