Repentance from judgmental accusations without evidence based on speculation including case of Natalie Wood

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
People can change. I've been preoccupied for years with a judgmental attitude, hurling accusations without evidence based on speculation. This included a fixation on the Natalie Wood case. While I believe there was a reason for my interest in the case, Christian spiritual gifts are not meant to accuse people. I think I was drawn to this and information may have been divinely inspired, but I had no right to draw conclusions and falsely accuse anyone, including her husband, or anyone else involved, based on speculation or dreams. Whatever happened, it was not my place to judge anyone, but only to draw attention to God's mercy and repentance and salvation for all who turn to God.

Other people's lives are their business. Judgment day is about each persons own repentance not about accusing others without due process or evidence.

Justice is about divine mercy and repentance, not about falsely accusing others.

If anyone was trying to communicate with this world with divine intervention, it would surely be to lead us all to heavens peaceful rest and resolution, not to judge or accuse.

One example in the Bible is the prophet Nathan leading King David to peaceful repentance after a horrifying incident.

I have no idea what happened on someone else's well known tragic boat.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I've no idea who is Natalie Wood or what is the case about, but I am happy to read that you got closer to God and experienced some transformation. We all make mistakes. I used to debate with atheists a lot and very sharply. Things like this do not further the Kingdom of God.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I've no idea who is Natalie Wood or what is the case about, but I am happy to read that you got closer to God and experienced some transformation. We all make mistakes. I used to debate with atheists a lot and very sharply. Things like this do not further the Kingdom of God.
I suppose debating anything that does not further the Kingdom of God is a spiritually pointless exercise in futility and may cause more harm than good.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I have a history of just winging it so to speak, and the last couple years I was looking for signs in every thing I saw, around every bush. I have a good track record, but I became distracted by public controvercies, and it's vital, the Apostle James said to learn discipline and seek God's will in all things, instead of just writing and speaking without thinking first. It reflected a need for a closer relationship with the Lord. I also need to learn not to become fixated on unanswered questions in my life and in people's lives around me or things in the public news. When family or friends or anyone does not offer or ask for information, such as confidential issues like adoption, or why people do the things they do, social boundaries must be respected. It's ok to have an inquisitive mind, but I almost lost my life this summer when I lost my temper with frustrating situations after 15 years and "precipitated the conflict," as they say in psychology, demanding answers.

If you spend 10 hours a day obsessing about suspicious things, it can drive a person nuts, since many people do things that might seem suspicious, but may also be coincidence, or supernatural manipulation. But the Apostle Paul said to "avoid [vain] suspicions" (paraphrase).

At the same time I have faith that good has resulted from my stumbling into situations and getting messages in dreams.

But, there is a limit to interpretation. One time a couple years ago, several times when a neighbor drove by, I heard an owl hooting, "who, who, who," and thought it pertained to the individual. It is possible that it may have, but, also could have been something else.

And a few years ago, I went off the deep end from stress, and started wrongly accusing people without due process or just cause, or probable cause.

And this summer I also slid into La La land due to duress from homelessness, and was likely misinterpreting perceptions, when it takes careful discernment to not jump to conclusions, such as the story about how to get out of jury duty:. Just say, "your honor, I would make a good juror because I can spot a guilty person JUST like that!"

It's possible some people can. But everyone has a unique gift, the Apostle Paul said.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
It does seem like you were just extremely stressed out. Anxiety and stress can do this, you just didn't know what hit you at the time... I was getting superstitious fears and thoughts like that when I had a very stressful period (I almost became homeless), with daily panic attacks, afraid of everything and didn't understand what was happening to me, I was not thinking straight, took me some Bible reading and hearing level headed friends to snap out of it. Physiology can affect thoughts big time. Take care.