Repentance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 1, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I’m definitely thankful for the grace my wife has shown me.

Are you suggesting I seek forgiveness or do not bring up the incident to the other spouse?

Kalon7

Jun 11, 2020
I don’t have a clean cut answer to your question. But, I can pray to God on your behalf for Him to reveal to you the answer to your question.

Heavenly Father, we thank you for hearing our prayers. I come on behalf of a brother who is burdened on the question whether he should approach the husband and bring to light the wife’s infidelity.
Father God, this is such a burden to carry, so I ask that you grant wisdom and discernment to your son Packer0911 so that he may be able to be enlighten on the path you want him to take. Give him Your Peace in regards with this situation.
I also ask Lord that you continue to bless Packer0911’s marriage that he will always stay strong and grounded in Your Word in the midst of any temptations.
I pray for the other woman who is lost,
I pray for your conviction to penetrate in her heart so that she will turn away from the sin of infidelity. If possible Lord, that she herself can confess her own sin to her husband that way true repentance will come through. I pray that you would heal her marriage to her husband that the communication in their marriage will manifest and that they too make you the center of their marriage. We love you Lord Jesus and
we thank you for loving us more.
In Your powerful and precious name we pray. Amen ❤️

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Please don't do it, let it lay.

K

Kim82

Ecclesiastes 7:16 Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise-- why destroy yourself?

Sep 13, 2018
I’ve been married for three years and made a terrible mistake 10 months ago. I was on a work trip and had too much to drink. I put myself in a terrible situation and ended up kissing another married woman. I have confessed to my wife who has shown me more grace than I deserve. I apologized to the other lady and she said she didn’t think anything of it and there was no need to apologize. I know we are supposed to love thy neighbor and try to seek forgiveness to someone we’ve wronged. I don’t believe she told her husband about the incident. I have this feeling I should come clean with her husband and seek his forgiveness. I don’t know if this is the Holy Spirit or the enemy telling me to do this. My wife and pastor think it’s a bad idea and to accept God’s forgiveness and move on. I just want to make sure I fully repent.

I’ve always been a Christian, but really failed this time. I feel terrible guilt and shame for my actions even though I take full responsibility. I’ve become closer to God and my wife throughout this whole situation. Are there any further steps I need to take?

Thank you and God Bless.
Was it just a smooch. or something more? you're feeling more guilt. A kiss is just a kiss, I'm sure your wife laughed it off, right? One drunk kiss? Let it go...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Once we repent He remembers it no more, the adversary will attempt to bring it back to our remembrance, his goal is only to steal kill and destroy.

Sep 13, 2018
Once we repent He remembers it no more, the adversary will attempt to bring it back to our remembrance, his goal is only to steal kill and destroy.
Now that you figured that out you should start living your life...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
with your post like that, you have demonstrated to all here what hypocrisy means.

Feb 28, 2016
Over righteous people, I can do without. I will never stop learning from wise people...
=============================
This is the KJV - a much better interpretation, we think...

ECC.. 7:17.
Be not over much wicked, neither be you foolish: why should you die before your time?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Lately I have heard the ESV recommended-17 Be not overly wicked, neither be a fool. Why should you die before your time?

I can see how consistent it is with the old favorite KJV

Jun 1, 2020
Lately I have heard the ESV recommended-17 Be not overly wicked, neither be a fool. Why should you die before your time?

I can see how consistent it is with the old favorite KJV
I’m confused on the interpretation of this verse. Help?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
once we repent He remembers them no more, the devil brings up the past, everything is forward walking with Christ in relationship.

R

Reformyourself

once we repent He remembers them no more, the devil brings up the past, everything is forward walking with Christ in relationship.
Ive had pre-Christian sins brought to my mind over the years, i was often drunk when I committed them & my sins were many-so didn’t remember everything. I always felt that The Lord was giving me the chance to say sorry for the past-as all our sins have consequences 😐

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I as well had have these "pop up" in my mind at times, although He may not be causing this, He can use it to bring us closer to Him in repentance and forgiveness.
I believe this to be in keeping with how He always does good, the adversary and his minions seek only to steal, kill and destroy.

R

Reformyourself

I as well had have these "pop up" in my mind at times, although He may not be causing this, He can use it to bring us closer to Him in repentance and forgiveness.
I believe this to be in keeping with how He always does good, the adversary and his minions seek only to steal, kill and destroy.
Agreed, not every reminder of our sins is from ‘the accuser’...it Could be from The Lord for our healing /restoration...’thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me’ ...not sure if this is true, but I was taught that the rod was often used to break the leg of a straying lamb, thus keeping it in line with the shepherd (it’s master)

R

Reformyourself

Sounds like some kind of christian obsessive compulsive disorder.
Like checking the door 6 times to see if it is locked when you know full well you just checked it a few minutes ago.
Your pastor and your wife both told you to let it go.
Telling the husband and causing him pain is not going to make you more forgiven or more repentant.
If you stole something from his you would need to restore it and not just ask for forgiveness. This is not that. There is no restoration or reparations being made by telling him his wife is a floozy. (which is how he will see it no matter how much you blame yourself)
You might even get beat up for kissing his wife.
I am guessing you are just being tormented by the accuser. (i.e. A legality has not been completed, an i has not been dotted and therefore you stand condemned.) This is a classic case of demonic condemnation. Every time it begins to torment you just start praising Jesus and worshiping Him.

And don't drink. Sipping saints are never a good witness. That is what you should be more concerned about. Stop telling yourself "a little is ok as long as I don't get drunk" when you know full well you like the buzz. This is the root of the problem and should be the lesson you have learned from this. Compromise in one area will lead to compromise in other areas.
Christian OCD 😂 I’ve definitely got it lol