Replacement theology? Yes or No.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
(y)

I understand if you're using this type of teaching technique to help walk Beekeeper through this. It appears to be helping him.
I am glad you think I am making progress, and yes, I quite like @OMC approach at times.
If all you and I had to agree about is that the second temple prophesies were fulfilled and that future restorations were predicted, we could reach a sort of vague and undefined agreement too.
We could of course dig a bit deeper than that, but there would be risk that we depart from our vague and agreeable ways.
 
That's fair. If your point is that another restoration is coming, I don't think I've actually disagreed with that.

What I've been pushing back on is the claim that the second-temple restoration was so inadequate that it effectively doesn't count as a fulfillment of the restoration promises.

Scripture says God brought them back, rebuilt Jerusalem, rebuilt the temple, and dwelt among them. That was a real restoration.

If your point is that the prophets also looked beyond that restoration to something greater, then I agree.
Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, the New Covenant promises, the Messiah, the resurrection, and the Day of the Lord all point forward.

So I don't think the disagreement is whether another restoration is written in Scripture. It plainly is.

The disagreement is whether the post-exilic restoration was a genuine fulfillment that also pointed beyond itself, or whether it was so deficient that the major restoration prophecies must be postponed almost entirely to the future.

I think the prophets present the former: a real restoration, followed by greater fulfillments still to come.
Only the insane do not understand that the 2nd regathering of the Nation Israel is also the time when they enter into the New Covenant. Which did NOT happen in the time of Ezra and Nehimiah @Beekeeper, rendering your preposterous theory as specious and bizarre.

All of the prophets testify to this 2nd regathering in faith and this entering into the New Covenant. To say otherwise is madness.

Frankly I am continually shocked at the stupifying biblical illiteratcy and outright stupidity I am watching around here.
 
I am glad you think I am making progress, and yes, I quite like @OMC approach at times.
If all you and I had to agree about is that the second temple prophesies were fulfilled and that future restorations were predicted, we could reach a sort of vague and undefined agreement too.
We could of course dig a bit deeper than that, but there would be risk that we depart from our vague and agreeable ways.
Indeed, vague and undefined is your objective and why you are here. Its also your defining characteristic stamped on every post.

But it certainly is not mine. And thank God for that.