Requirements of Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Same old, same old...

People seeing people who have proclaimed initial salvation believing in Christ.. who live like they are not Christian. Therefore they conclude that initial belief in Christ has to be accompanied by a life of holiness to attain salvation.

John 3:16, John 5:24, Acts 2, Roman's 10 absolutely show eternal salvation seperate from daily faith.

There will fruit of having thr Holy Spirit indwell someone's soul. But this the natural result of the Holy Spirits indwelling, not a life of continuous holy living.

Justification is without works.

This justification changes the soul though and a person who sins continually after will be convicted to rely on Jesus.

Salvation isn't a life long process.. justification isn't. Sanctification tho is.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Same old, same old...

People seeing people who have proclaimed initial salvation believing in Christ.. who live like they are not Christian. Therefore they conclude that initial belief in Christ has to be accompanied by a life of holiness to attain salvation.

John 3:16, John 5:24, Acts 2, Roman's 10 absolutely show eternal salvation seperate from daily faith.

There will fruit of having thr Holy Spirit indwell someone's soul. But this the natural result of the Holy Spirits indwelling, not a life of continuous holy living.

Justification is without works.

This justification changes the soul though and a person who sins continually after will be convicted to rely on Jesus.

Salvation isn't a life long process.. justification isn't. Sanctification tho is.
So you believe after confession a person no longer rob the bank for a year than back to rob the bank is acceptable?
Paul say

Galatians 2:20

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

I live yet not I

Paul no longer live but Christ, so if Paul robbing the bank, not him, he dead, how dead person able to rob, Christ that live in Him did

That false accusation, Christ never robbing the bank

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
So you believe after confession a person no longer rob the bank for a year than back to rob the bank is acceptable?
Paul say

Galatians 2:20

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

I live yet not I

Paul no longer live but Christ, so if Paul robbing the bank, not him, he dead, how dead person able to rob, Christ that live in Him did

That false accusation, Christ never robbing the bank
God will convict the robber to stop. So it isn't ok.. but it isn't going to undo their justification

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
But was he saved?
Sure he was. Jesus said so. As stated, the NT spiritual rebirth was not available until after Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. This truth is evidenced in Peter's message given at Pentecost.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
How about head above water in OT

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Sure he was. Jesus said so. As stated, the NT spiritual rebirth was not available until after Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. This truth is evidenced in Peter's message given at Pentecost.
Just checking because I have heard it many times from people that he was only saved because he would have been baptised.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Just checking because I have heard it many times from people that he was only saved because he would have been baptised.
John the Baptist's introduction of water baptism was temporary and transitional. The necessity for everyone to be water baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus began on the Day of Pentecost.