B
BurdenBarer4U
Guest
I heard a true story a few years back that has
always stuck with me and has been a blessing
to me every time I read Palms 23 where it says that
he leadeth me beside still waters!
I learned that the shepherds of Israel in Biblical time
do this and I heard that they still do this today!
That sheep are naturally scared of any running water,
such as a river or stream.
So the shepherds would use their staff to dam up
little pools of water, and that would calm them down
enough to come and drink!
For shepherds said that if the sheep were left alone,
even by a stream of running water or river, they would
would be to afraid to drink, and lay there and die of thirst!
View attachment 94662
That is why each time I read this verse or am out in the wilderness and see a pool of off branched clear water
I begin to cry as Gods 23rd verse runs through my mind,
He leadeth me beside still waters and restoreth my soul!
View attachment 94663
AMEN LORD JESUS, LEAD US BESIDE THOSE STILL WATERS AND RESTORE OUR SOULS TODAY!
always stuck with me and has been a blessing
to me every time I read Palms 23 where it says that
he leadeth me beside still waters!
I learned that the shepherds of Israel in Biblical time
do this and I heard that they still do this today!
That sheep are naturally scared of any running water,
such as a river or stream.
So the shepherds would use their staff to dam up
little pools of water, and that would calm them down
enough to come and drink!
For shepherds said that if the sheep were left alone,
even by a stream of running water or river, they would
would be to afraid to drink, and lay there and die of thirst!
View attachment 94662
That is why each time I read this verse or am out in the wilderness and see a pool of off branched clear water
I begin to cry as Gods 23rd verse runs through my mind,
He leadeth me beside still waters and restoreth my soul!
View attachment 94663
AMEN LORD JESUS, LEAD US BESIDE THOSE STILL WATERS AND RESTORE OUR SOULS TODAY!