Restoring the Edenic covenant

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
Not sure I agree.

The first command of GOD:

Do not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, was given with GOD's foreknowledge ALREADY that we would.

HE said,

Do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

FOR...IN THE DAY you eat of it, you will surely die.

GOD already knew before hand, even as HE created us, that there would be THAT DAY...

And still, out of the abundance of HIS GRACE, from the beginning, HE created man.

Because HE not only knew the fall of Adam (and with it mankind) HE also knew the victory in HIS SON.

That through THE ONE planned from the beginning, HE would have a set apart people marked and called by HIS NAME.
Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known." (Deuteronomy 11:26-28)

Is this not the knowledge of good and evil? In other words, after the fall, it would be clear that we have the choice between the two. As humans, we are not capable of making the right choices 100% of the time. Now after the fall we are consistently vulnerable to the temptations that cause us to sin.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known." (Deuteronomy 11:26-28)

Is this not the knowledge of good and evil? In other words, after the fall, it would be clear that we have the choice between the two. As humans, we are not capable of making the right choices 100% of the time. Now after the fall we are consistently vulnerable to the temptations that cause us to sin.

Haggai 2
All unclean who have believed, have already been washed (by HIS BLOOD) and have received and RECOGNIZE THE BLESSING...

If you are confused, refer to John 4

Last edited:

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
Haggai 2
All unclean who have believed, have already been washed (by HIS BLOOD) and have received and RECOGNIZE THE BLESSING...

If you are confused, refer to John 4
Your ears make me smile. :)
Eden = "pleasure"

עֵדֶן ʻêden, ay'-den; or (feminine) עֶדְנָה ʻednâh; pleasure:—delicate, delight, pleasure.

בֵּית עֵדֶן Bêyth ʻÊden, bayth ay'-den; house of pleasure

What's with all these refutations? I would think it would be a desire for all people.

Last edited:

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Your ears make me smile. :)
Eden = "pleasure"

עֵדֶן ʻêden, ay'-den; or (feminine) עֶדְנָה ʻednâh; pleasure:—delicate, delight, pleasure.

בֵּית עֵדֶן Bêyth ʻÊden, bayth ay'-den; house of pleasure

What's with all these refutations? I would think it would be a desire for all people.

THE NEW JERUSALEM is a pleasure and we can't wait to rest in HIS PRESENCE

Don't add to the WORD.
GOD has already given us THE TRUTH in the last page of Revelation...it's not "eden" anymore...it is JERUSALEM, the HOLY CITY where all the vessels within will be marked HOLY TO GOD and nothing that causes sin will ever enter its gates again...

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
ok. Just got it about "my ears"...

Apr 23, 2017
Couldn't you just state it the way HIS WORD states it?

THE NEW JERUSALEM which comes down from above?

Was Eden above before it came down?
Was Adam above before he came down?

No. He was fleshly and of the earth.
Eden isn't from above
But THE NEW JERUSALEM is...

After this heaven and this earth passes away...
amen it will be better..............

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
THE NEW JERUSALEM is a pleasure and we can't wait to rest in HIS PRESENCE

Don't add to the WORD.
GOD has already given us THE TRUTH in the last page of Revelation...it's not "eden" anymore...it is JERUSALEM, the HOLY CITY where all the vessels within will be marked HOLY TO GOD and nothing that causes sin will ever enter its gates again...

The place where God dwells is where it's at. In like manner, wherever He dwells is the "place of peace" and delight. I'm talking before the fall, not after it. That should alleviate misunderstandings.

In the beginning, Eden was a place God came to commune with Adam and Eve, because there was no sin.

It was a perfect garden paradise with all types of fruit trees and it was well watered by four rivers. Adam’s job was to tend and keep the garden. Interestingly, these same words would later be used of the priests’ service in the Temple (Numbers 3:7–8; 8:25–26; 18:5–6; 1 Chronicles 23:32; Ezekiel 44:14). “Adam was to begin by ruling the garden for God in order to extend God’s reign over the whole earth.”

"But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the Lord your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;Then there shall be a place which the Lord your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the Lord:" (Deuteronomy 12:10-11)

Jerusalem means the "place of peace." I would say that would be quite pleasant. Jerusalem didn't exist until after the flood, notwithstanding that it was in the Jebusite's possession until David conquered it. It was the city named Jebus until then.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I've never heard of the edenic covenant either. But in thinking about it...I've been hearing about returning to the Garden. First in a poem I wrote, and then in a song from Crowders band.

Is that what you are saying?

And then adding to this, it would be the kingdom of God within? The garden of our heart?

Last edited:

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
amen it will be better..............
Keep in mind that we will rule with Christ on this earth. In reading the Bible more closely concerning life after death, Jesus rules here as originally planned from the beginning.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Isn't the entire purpose of the Gospel to restore the Edenic covenant?

Not sure how you arrived at this conclusion, but "No, it is not" is the proper response.

1. There is no such thing as an "Edenic Covenant". It was an Edenic command (Gen 2:16,17), if that is what you are referring to.

2. God created -- "built" -- the New Jerusalem (Heb 11:10) for all those who would be justified by grace through faith (Heb 12:22-24)

3. There will be a New Heavens and a New Earth, but Paradise (formerly the Garden of Eden) is now in the New Jerusalem (Rev 22:1-2)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I've never heard of the edenic covenant either.
Here is a very good explanation of it :)

https://www.gotquestions.org/Edenic-covenant.html

Excerpt:
In the Edenic Covenant, God promises Adam life and blessing, but that promise is conditional upon Adam’s obedience to God’s command not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. (Genesis 2:16–17) Adam’s penalty for disobedience would be physical and spiritual death as well as a curse on the ground so that Adam would have to work harder to grow crops. One of the results of Adam’s sin was that he would have to toil all of his days until his death (Genesis 4:17–19).

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Thank you Magenta. Then it's reversed by the Cross of Jesus and sacrificial blood? True?

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
I've never heard of the edenic covenant either. But in thinking about it...I've been hearing about returning to the Garden. First in a poem I wrote, and then in a song from Crowders band.

Is that what you are saying?
That's actually what the Bible says during the reign of Christ when we see the new Jerusalem, the "place of peace."

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." (Revelation 3:12)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
"In the Edenic Covenant, God promises Adam life and blessing,"

There is no such record in Scripture. It is a good imaginary scenario, but unless that is what was actually promised to Adam, Christians should not be "making up" stuff as they go along.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Just read from the website. Very good. Again, thank you!

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
Thank you Magenta. Then it's reversed by the Cross of Jesus and sacrificial blood? True?
True. The original desire of God will not be altered. He is Almighty, and will conquer in things we have no power to do on our own. Back to the original intention of Creation.

"
And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city." (Isaiah 1:26)

Last edited:

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
[/COLOR]There is no such record in Scripture. It is a good imaginary scenario, but unless that is what was actually promised to Adam, Christians should not be "making up" stuff as they go along.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Wouldn't this be revelation truth Nehemiah rather than making stuff up?

If you think about it...it is exactly what happened. And is a coined expression I guess to explain.

May 12, 2017
[/COLOR]There is no such record in Scripture. It is a good imaginary scenario, but unless that is what was actually promised to Adam, Christians should not be "making up" stuff as they go along.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Genesis 1.28,

[SUP]28 [/SUP]And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 2.15-17
[SUP]15 [/SUP]And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
[SUP]17 [/SUP]But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

This Covenant is conditional and characterized by the formula if man DOES, God WILL...

It was made between God and Adam, with Adam standing in for all of humanity...

May 12, 2017
Yes but our Lord certainly isn't a quitter. He came to save us from the fall. Our sin does break the covenant. The covenants do not have our input. It's only God's directives. It's not a contract for contracts can be broken.
Hosea 6.7

But like Adam they have transgressed the covenant;
There they have dealt treacherously against Me.

May 13, 2017
Isn't the entire purpose of the Gospel to restore the Edenic covenant? Every dispensation/covenant/proclamation/promise from the beginning of time is still relevant for us today, in order for us to be included in the council of God, to the final end. Is the final end to be restoration according to the goodness of God's creation from His beginning to His end?

"He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" (Isaiah 46:9-10)

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8)
What is the Edenic covenant? The first covenant I see is with Adam after the fall. Please explain what you are talking about?