Can anyone explain something to me concerning the resurrection?
We have Jesus telling the righteous 3 places in John 6 that he will "raise them up at the last day." We also have Martha discussing her knowledge that (Lazarus) would be raised up at the last day in John 11:24. This was of course before Jesus brought him back to life. The confusion I have is with what Jesus says in John 12:48.
48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him--the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day - NKJV.
Is this the same last day? If it is, then I don't understand how the wicked who are dead can be raised and judged on the same day that the dead in Christ are supposedly Raptured as we know the wicked are not judged until the Great White Throne at the end of the millennium.
We have Jesus telling the righteous 3 places in John 6 that he will "raise them up at the last day." We also have Martha discussing her knowledge that (Lazarus) would be raised up at the last day in John 11:24. This was of course before Jesus brought him back to life. The confusion I have is with what Jesus says in John 12:48.
48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him--the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day - NKJV.
Is this the same last day? If it is, then I don't understand how the wicked who are dead can be raised and judged on the same day that the dead in Christ are supposedly Raptured as we know the wicked are not judged until the Great White Throne at the end of the millennium.