Retire the Ten Commandments?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
[8] In verse 17, what are the two contrasting words "shadow" and "body" referring to, and does the New Testament utilize this same word elsewhere, and if so, in what way? Additionally, were they of things past [iow, a memorial, a remembrance], or of future things, "...of things to come."?

God's Ten Commandments are not "shadow", they are "Light":
Proverbs 6:23 KJB For the commandment [is] a lamp; and the law [is] light; and reproofs of instruction [are] the way of life:​
Isaiah 8:20 KJB To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.​
Isaiah 51:4 KJB Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.​
The Fourth Commandment itself, even points to the past of a world without sin, and in the Saviour who is without sin, as a memorial [Remember, what the LORD did in the 7th Day], in both Creation and in the Salvation of Jesus Christ, and it will also be so in the New Heaven and New Earth, as the forever memorial of Christ's redemption completed, for He will have saved His people from their sin/s:​
Exodus 20:8 KJB Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.​
Exodus 20:9 KJB Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:​
Exodus 20:10 KJB - But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:​
Exodus 20:11 KJB - For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.​
Yet, we can know that the Passover, and its sacrifices, etc, was the shadow pointing forward to the True:​
1 Corinthians 5:7 KJB “... even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us ...”​
John the Baptist understood the type/reality, that Jesus [The Light of the World, the Sun of Righteousness] was the Anti-typical [fulfillment/reality, that which is the substance, casting the shadow, not the shadow itself]:​
John 1:29 KJB “... Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God ..."​
John 1:36 KJB “And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God ...”​
Thus, what we have in Colossians 2:16, is a list, of [1] “daily”, [2] “seasonally” [festally, the specific times in the year, fall, spring], [3] “monthly” [12 times, average, a year] and [4] “yearly and of years”, thus an increasing order, and having nothing whatsoever to do with the “weekly” Holy 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God, the Holy Commandment:​
2 Peter 2:21 KJB For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.​
(2 Peter 2:21 is very deep.)​
There is a deep "woe" upon those who have turned God's Holy, Just and Good 4th commandment into "shadow" or Darkness:​
Isa_5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!​

U

UnderGrace

Indeed. I never said we weren't. I said we are under obligation (through Christ Jesus) to be obedient to God's Law, through Love to Him who first Loved us.

Grace is a teacher:
So you are saying grace teaches us to obey the law?

Now is this all 613 Laws?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
This makes me vey sad if it is true. I love Andy's dad Charles Stanly.

But if the 10 Commandments' have passed then any need for Salvation has too. How can I know I am a sinner in need of a Savior without the Word of G-d? How can I have known I have fallen short of the Glory of G-d if I did not know that Glory is Y-shua and His perfection? He never broke the Law! So how could I know what sin is if I can cannot compare my self to Yeshua/Jesus who NEVER BROKE THE LAE SINCE I CANOT KEEP THE LAW, without the Law? How can I humble myself and think I need a Savor? If there is NO LAW TO KEEP IN THE FIRST PLACE WHY DO I NEED A SAVOR?

There is new law, to know how you need salvation and a sinner.

Matt 22

[34] But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.
[35] Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The only posible way to obey this law is If we ask Holy spirit to do It for us.

This law tell us that we need help. We need Jesus.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Ad hominem again and does not address what was cited - at all. If that is the approach you desire to take, I will not stop you, but it doesn't convince me either, but confirms me in what was shared.

I see where your heart is brother, for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
I can address what you cited all day long, but it won’t make any difference or convince you because you are obviously thoroughly indoctrinated and only see what you want to see, as you already demonstrated through your long winded posts full of scripture twisting.

I’ve been in multiple discussions with SDA’s and misguided teachers of the law in general before and it’s always the same long winded arguments that end in disagreement. You sound puffed up and your Psychological games will not work on me.

God knows my heart and He knows that I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ which is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16). God also knows that I do not mix law and grace and pervert the gospel by teaching salvation by “grace plus law, faith plus works.”

Romans 10:1 - Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

K

Karraster

There's that 613 again. Jesus obeyed the Law perfectly. Did He perform the laws for women? For Priests? How about husbands? If you do the ones that pertain to you, in essence yeah, you've kept the whole law. It's not hard because grace is there to help you. Grace is not a license to sin, ya know.

613 is of Rabbinic Talmudidc origin, not scriptural origin.

God's word specifically says, "the great" (Matthew 22:36), the "two" (Matthew 22:40; first and second greatest) and the "ten commandments" (Exodus 34:28; Deuteronomy 4:13, 10:4; which are exceeding broad; Psalms 119:96; covering all things) which are also called the one "word".

Since I do not subscribe to Rabbinc Talmudic Judaism, I do not subscribe to their listing, since it is arbitrary.

I have only said what scripture said. Again:

Tit 2:9 Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
Tit 2:10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Is Jesus our Lord and Master? John 13:13-14; John 14:15, Exodus 20:6.

Who is the Spirit of grace that is teaching us?

Heb_10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Act_5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Again, Jesus demonstrated that Spirit filled life, Luke 4:14-19, and was obedient unto death, Philippians 2:8.

I’ve been in multiple discussions with SDA’s
Your past discussion with others has nothing to do with me, or what I presented now. It is a non-sequitur to raise it. I deal in present truth and presently with you. I do not say to you, I've been in multiple discussions with those like you and then not respond to what you are presently saying. I do not judge you by others, but by what comes out of your mouth, which stems from your heart.

Romans 3 states you don't know what you are talking about!
Keep reading, and you will come across other passages in Romans which sheds light on Romans 3, for instance:

Rom_9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Now, seek it by faith. The Law of God was never the problem. Flesh was.

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

For instance:

Mat_26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Mar_14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

Paul said:

Rom_7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Paul was not saying to continue in sin (Romans 6:1). The flesh is no excuse for sin, for Jesus Christ Himself took upon Himself the same flesh as we have, "the likness of sinful flesh" (Romans 8:3), and yet Jesus, being filled with the Holy Ghost overcame all temptations to sin (1 John 3:4) which is why Jesus says:

Rev_3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

I think you should study more deeply in Romans:

Paul throughout Romans 1-13, 15-16, etc and in every other epistle he wrote, magnified the Ten Commandments as to be obeyed by those in Christ Jesus, by the Holy Spirit:

Even at the beginning of Romans 14 [and yea, all of Romans], we see that we are dealing not with the abolition or setting aside of any of God's 10 Commandments or Health Laws in Diet, in any manner, as may be witnessed throughout [Romans 1:18, 3:31, 6:1-23, 7:7,12,14,16, 8:4-14, 9:6-8,27,31,32, 11:1-36, 12:1,2,5,9, 13:8-14, 15:1-27, 16:17-19], for Paul clearly says, “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” [Romans 3:31].

Who is doing the "esteem[ing]" in Romans 14, God or man?

Romans 14:5 KJB - One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.​

What did Jesus say:

Luke 16:15 KJB - And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.​

“...the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men ...” [Romans 1:18] [“All unrighteousness is sin ...” [1 John 5:7]] [“...as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:” [Romans 11:26]]

How did Paul teach about the Law, Ten Commandments, and Sin and Transgression just in the Book of Romans?

“...keep the righteousness of the law ...” [Romans 2:26]

“...if it fulfil the law ...” [Romans 2:27]

“...we establish the law ...” [Romans 3:31]

“... we are buried with him by baptism into death...that like as Christ was raised up... even so we also should walk in newness of life.” [Romans 6:4]

“...our old man is crucified...we should not serve sin.” [Romans 6:6]

“...he that is dead is freed from sin.” [Romans 6:7]

“...in that he died, he died unto sin...he liveth unto God.” [Romans 6:10]

“...reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” [Romans 6:11]

“Let not sin therefore reign...” [Romans 6:12]

“Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.” [Romans 6:13]

“... shall we sin...God forbid.” [Romans 6:15]

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” [Romans 6:16]

“... ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.” [Romans 6:16]

“...made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.” [Romans 6:18]

“...as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.” [Romans 6:19]

“...ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.” [Romans 6:20]

“...fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things [is] death.” [Romans 6:21]

“...made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.” [Romans 6:22]

“... the wages of sin [is] death...” [Romans 6:23]

“...[Is] the law sin? God forbid...I had not known sin, but by the law...I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.” [Romans 7:7]

“...the commandment, which [was ordained] to life ...” [Romans 7:10]

“...the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.” [Romans 7:12]

“For we know that the law is spiritual ...” [Romans 7:14]

“...I consent unto the law that [it is] good.” [Romans 7:16]

“That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” [Romans 8:4]

“...they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.” [Romans 8:5]

“...to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.” [Romans 8:6]

“...the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.” [Romans 8:7]

“...they that are in the flesh cannot please God.” [Romans 8:8]

“...we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.” [Romans 8:12]

“...if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” [Romans 8:13]

“...the law of righteousness.” [Romans 9:31]

“...Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.” [Romans 12:9]

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.” [Romans 13:8]

“For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” [Romans 13:9]

“Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.” [Romans 13:10]

“...cast off the works of darkness...” [Romans 13:12]

“Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.” [Romans 13:13]

“...make not provision for the flesh, to [fulfil] the lusts [thereof].” [Romans 13:14]

Dec 12, 2013
I think you should study more deeply in Romans:

Paul throughout Romans 1-13, 15-16, etc and in every other epistle he wrote, magnified the Ten Commandments as to be obeyed by those in Christ Jesus, by the Holy Spirit:

Even at the beginning of Romans 14 [and yea, all of Romans], we see that we are dealing not with the abolition or setting aside of any of God's 10 Commandments or Health Laws in Diet, in any manner, as may be witnessed throughout [Romans 1:18, 3:31, 6:1-23, 7:7,12,14,16, 8:4-14, 9:6-8,27,31,32, 11:1-36, 12:1,2,5,9, 13:8-14, 15:1-27, 16:17-19], for Paul clearly says, “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” [Romans 3:31].

Who is doing the "esteem[ing]" in Romans 14, God or man?

Romans 14:5 KJB - One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.​

What did Jesus say:

Luke 16:15 KJB - And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.​

“...the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men ...” [Romans 1:18] [“All unrighteousness is sin ...” [1 John 5:7]] [“...as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:” [Romans 11:26]]

How did Paul teach about the Law, Ten Commandments, and Sin and Transgression just in the Book of Romans?

“...keep the righteousness of the law ...” [Romans 2:26]

“...if it fulfil the law ...” [Romans 2:27]

“...we establish the law ...” [Romans 3:31]

“... we are buried with him by baptism into death...that like as Christ was raised up... even so we also should walk in newness of life.” [Romans 6:4]

“...our old man is crucified...we should not serve sin.” [Romans 6:6]

“...he that is dead is freed from sin.” [Romans 6:7]

“...in that he died, he died unto sin...he liveth unto God.” [Romans 6:10]

“...reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” [Romans 6:11]

“Let not sin therefore reign...” [Romans 6:12]

“Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.” [Romans 6:13]

“... shall we sin...God forbid.” [Romans 6:15]

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” [Romans 6:16]

“... ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.” [Romans 6:16]

“...made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.” [Romans 6:18]

“...as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.” [Romans 6:19]

“...ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.” [Romans 6:20]

“...fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things [is] death.” [Romans 6:21]

“...made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.” [Romans 6:22]

“... the wages of sin [is] death...” [Romans 6:23]

“...[Is] the law sin? God forbid...I had not known sin, but by the law...I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.” [Romans 7:7]

“...the commandment, which [was ordained] to life ...” [Romans 7:10]

“...the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.” [Romans 7:12]

“For we know that the law is spiritual ...” [Romans 7:14]

“...I consent unto the law that [it is] good.” [Romans 7:16]

“That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” [Romans 8:4]

“...they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.” [Romans 8:5]

“...to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.” [Romans 8:6]

“...the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.” [Romans 8:7]

“...they that are in the flesh cannot please God.” [Romans 8:8]

“...we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.” [Romans 8:12]

“...if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” [Romans 8:13]

“...the law of righteousness.” [Romans 9:31]

“...Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.” [Romans 12:9]

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.” [Romans 13:8]

“For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” [Romans 13:9]

“Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.” [Romans 13:10]

“...cast off the works of darkness...” [Romans 13:12]

“Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.” [Romans 13:13]

“...make not provision for the flesh, to [fulfil] the lusts [thereof].” [Romans 13:14]
Good luck with bondage......and thinking you keep the law....not happening!

Yearly, monthly, weekly pattern proves it is the weekly sabbath

1 Chronicles 23:31 - Yearly (fixed festivals), monthly (new moons), weekly (Sabbaths)
Please notice:

1Ch 23:30 And to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD, and likewise at even;
1Ch 23:31 And to offer all burnt sacrifices unto the LORD in the sabbaths, in the new moons, and on the set feasts, by number, according to the order commanded unto them, continually before the LORD:

Vs 30 begins with the "daily", even the "morning" and "even[ing]".
vs 31 continues with weekly sabbaths, monthly new moons, seasonal feasts (spring/fall), which would also include the yearly sabbaths following.

Therefore, it is again, in increasing, nor decreasing order. [1] days, [2] weeks, [3] months [4] seasons [5] yearly.

In Colossians 2, the weekly are not included, as they are not "ordinances", but rather God's Law.

Why are you reversing the order from what is clearly given?

2 Chronicles 2:4 - Yearly (appointed feasts), monthly (new moons), weekly (Sabbaths)
Notice again:

2Ch 2:4 Behold, I build an house to the name of the LORD my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the LORD our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.

Notice the "continual", which is the "daily" as seen by the "morning and evening" again. Then follows the weekly, then the monthly, then the seaonsal feast (spring/fall), which also would include the yearly sabbaths that take place within some of them. Notice that not all feasts are sabbaths, and thu are two distinct phenomena.

Again your order is reversed.

2 Chronicles 8:13 - Yearly (annual feasts), monthly (new moons), weekly (Sabbaths)
Notice again:

2Ch 8:13 Even after a certain rate every day, offering according to the commandment of Moses, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts, three times in the year, even in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles.

"certiain rate every day" (meat and drink offerings), is the daily again. This is followed by the weekly, then the monthly and the seasonal festal (spring/fall) and thus includes "three times in the year", or yearly.

You order is reversed.

2 Chronicles 31:3 - Yearly (fixed festivals), monthly (new moons), weekly (Sabbaths)
Notice:

2Ch 31:3 He appointed also the king's portion of his substance for the burnt offerings, to wit, for the morning and evening burnt offerings, and the burnt offerings for the sabbaths, and for the new moons, and for the set feasts, as it is written in the law of the LORD.

Notice the "burnt offerings: for the daily "morning and evening". This is followed by the weekly, then the monthly new moons, and then the seasonal festal (spring/fall), which would include the yearly again.

Your order is reversed.

Nehemiah 10:33 - Yearly (appointed times), monthly (new moon), weekly (Sabbaths)
Notice:

Neh 10:33 For the shewbread, and for the continual meat offering, and for the continual burnt offering, of the sabbaths, of the new moons, for the set feasts, and for the holy things, and for the sin offerings to make an atonement for Israel, and for all the work of the house of our God.

Notice the "continual" or daily. Then follows the weekly sabbaths, the monthly new moons, the seaonal festal (spring/fall)), and the ultimate "atonement" is on the Day of Atonement, which is yearly, again.

Your order is reversed.

Isaiah 1:13-14 - Yearly (appointed feasts), monthly (new moon), weekly (Sabbath)
Notice:

Isa 1:13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
Isa 1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

Isaiah is a little more interesting in that it is paralleled to itself. The "sabbaths" are specific to "appointed feasts" in their seaons, not the weekly 7th day the sabbath of the Lord. God would never tell His people to transgress His Law of Ten Commandments. however, He would make mention of those things which were to point forward to Christ Jesus that they were abusing.

Again this would teach, and increasing order, "new moons", "sabbaths (identified as those in the appointed feasts)".

Thus your order is reversed.

Ezekiel 45:17 - Yearly (appointed feasts), monthly (new moons), weekly (Sabbaths)
This is what Paul cites in Colossians 2:16 and already demonstrated to not be as you stated, but also in reverse of what you stated.

Eze 45:17 And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

See those replies. Again, it is in increasing order, daily (offerings), seasonal festal, monthly new moons, yearly sabbaths, all dealing with the sanctuary services as context showed.

Ezek 46:1-11 - Yearly (appointed feasts), monthly (new moons), weekly (Sabbath)
Notice, just an expansion of Ezekiel 45:17:

Eze 46:1 Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.
Eze 46:2 And the prince shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate without, and shall stand by the post of the gate, and the priests shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate: then he shall go forth; but the gate shall not be shut until the evening.
Eze 46:3 Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the door of this gate before the LORD in the sabbaths and in the new moons.
Eze 46:4 And the burnt offering that the prince shall offer unto the LORD in the sabbath day shall be six lambs without blemish, and a ram without blemish.
Eze 46:5 And the meat offering shall be an ephah for a ram, and the meat offering for the lambs as he shall be able to give, and an hin of oil to an ephah.
Eze 46:6 And in the day of the new moon it shall be a young bullock without blemish, and six lambs, and a ram: they shall be without blemish.
Eze 46:7 And he shall prepare a meat offering, an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and for the lambs according as his hand shall attain unto, and an hin of oil to an ephah.
Eze 46:8 And when the prince shall enter, he shall go in by the way of the porch of that gate, and he shall go forth by the way thereof.
Eze 46:9 But when the people of the land shall come before the LORD in the solemn feasts, he that entereth in by the way of the north gate to worship shall go out by the way of the south gate; and he that entereth by the way of the south gate shall go forth by the way of the north gate: he shall not return by the way of the gate whereby he came in, but shall go forth over against it.
Eze 46:10 And the prince in the midst of them, when they go in, shall go in; and when they go forth, shall go forth.
Eze 46:11 And in the feasts and in the solemnities the meat offering shall be an ephah to a bullock, and an ephah to a ram, and to the lambs as he is able to give, and an hin of oil to an ephah.

Hosea 2:11 - Yearly (festal assemblies), monthly (new moons), weekly (Sabbaths)
Notice:

Hos 2:11 I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her new moons, and her sabbaths, and all her solemn feasts.

Context, "her sabbaths", which are "[their] sabbaths", and is not God's Sabbath (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodu 20:8-11), as shown earlier. The fulfillment of Daniel 9.

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Therefore, on Colossians 2, I even have commentators agreeing with my position (not that this is the settler of reason):

Interestingly enough Albert Barnes, a noted Bible Commentator, states on Colossians 2:16, on the word “sabbatwn”:

“... Or of the Sabbath days - Greek, “of the Sabbaths.” The word Sabbath in the Old Testament is applied not only to the seventh day, but to all the days of holy rest that were observed by the Hebrews, and particularly to the beginning and close of their great festivals. There is, doubtless, reference to those days in this place, since the word is used in the plural number, and the apostle does not refer particularly to the Sabbath properly so called. There is no evidence from this passage that he would teach that there was no obligation to observe any holy time, for there is not the slightest reason to believe that he meant to teach that one of the ten commandments had ceased to be binding on mankind. If he had used the word in the singular number - “the Sabbath,” it would then, of course, have been clear that he meant to teach that that commandment had ceased to be binding, and that a Sabbath was no longer to be observed. But the use of the term in the plural number, and the connection, show that he had his eye on the great number of days which were observed by the Hebrews as festivals, as a part of their ceremonial and typical law, and not to the moral law, or the Ten Commandments. No part of the moral law - no one of the ten commandments could be spoken of as “a shadow of good things to come.” These commandments are, from the nature of moral law, of perpetual and universal obligation. ...” - Albert Barnes, Colossians 2:16 Commentary. E-Sword App.​

Furthermore, another noted Commentator, Adam Clarke, states on the same passage:

“... There is no intimation here that the Sabbath was done away, or that its moral use was superseded, by the introduction of Christianity. I have shown elsewhere that, Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, is a command of perpetual obligation, and can never be superseded but by the final termination of time. ...” - Adam Clarke, Colossians 2:16 Commentary. E-Sword App.​
Even the Jamieson, Fausset and Brown Commentary state:

“... the sabbath — Omit “THE,” which is not in the Greek (compare Note, see on Gal_4:10). “SABBATHS” (not “the sabbaths”) of the day of atonement and feast of tabernacles have come to an end with the Jewish services to which they belonged (Lev_23:32, Lev_23:37-39). The weekly sabbath rests on a more permanent foundation, having been instituted in Paradise to commemorate the completion of creation in six days. Lev_23:38 expressly distinguished “the sabbath of the Lord” from the other sabbaths. A positive precept is right because it is commanded, and ceases to be obligatory when abrogated; a moral precept is commanded eternally, because it is eternally right. If we could keep a perpetual sabbath, as we shall hereafter, the positive precept of the sabbath, one in each week, would not be needed. Heb_4:9, “rests,” Greek, “keeping of sabbath” (Isa_66:23). But we cannot, since even Adam, in innocence, needed one amidst his earthly employments; therefore the sabbath is still needed and is therefore still linked with the other nine commandments, as obligatory in the spirit, though the letter of the law has been superseded by that higher spirit of love which is the essence of law and Gospel alike (Rom_13:8-10). ...” - Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, Colossians 2:16 Commentary. E-Sword App.​

Good luck with bondage
Sin (1 John 3:4) is the bondage.

Act_8:23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

2Pe_2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

Pro_5:22 His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins.

God's Law of Ten Commandments begins with Grace:

Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Psa 116:16 O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.