Retire the Ten Commandments?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Does not support your contention.
I suppose, if you don't understand what you are reading.

Although I thought it was pretty self explanatory. Guess not.

Sometimes I think people WISH the bible said certain things and close their eyes and ears to what it really says.

Well, good luck.

Jan 12, 2019

Sometimes I think people WISH the bible said certain things and close their eyes and ears to what it really says.

Well, good luck.
I think Preston may be one of those with the view that the Law of Moses only refers to ceremonial law, but the 10 commandment refer to Law of God, which is distinct from the Law of Moses.

This is a common distinction made by people who believe the 10 commandments are still for us now, but sacrifice of lambs is no more.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017

Well, good luck.
That is exactly what you do as demonstrated here.
Give it some thought. It is G-d's word...not mine.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
I think Preston may be one of those with the view that the Law of Moses only refers to ceremonial law, but the 10 commandment refer to Law of God, which is distinct from the Law of Moses.

This is a common distinction made by people who believe the 10 commandments are still for us now, but sacrifice of lambs is no more.
Wrong...wanna try again?

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Acts 15:5-10
5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
The law of circumcism is one of the carnal ordinances of the law that were nailed to the cross. Those that wish to do away with Gods 10 commandments will also try and tell you that the ordinances and the ten commandments are simply parts of the law and are not separate from one another. In saying that they will point to a scripture thats speaking of circumcision and then apply that scripture to Gods 10 commandments. Which has taken place here.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
W. E. Vine, Greek Dictionary proves the Sabbatarian argument wrong: SABBATISMOS (4520), a Sabbath-keeping, is used in Heb. 4:9, R.V., "a Sabbath rest,"
Yup

HEBREWS 4 [9] THERE REMAINETH THEREFORE A REST to the people of God.[10] For HE THAT IS ENTERED INTO HIS REST, he also hath ceased from his own works, AS GOD DID FROM HIS. [11] Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Well...Ya see what it says. Now lets see how God rested from His work

HEBREWS 4 [4] For he spake in a certain place of THE SEVENTH DAY on this wise, And GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY from all his works

Yup. God rested the 7th day. The sabbath.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
The law of circumcism is one of the carnal ordinances of the law that were nailed to the cross. Those that wish to do away with Gods 10 commandments will also try and tell you that the ordinances and the ten commandments are simply parts of the law and are not separate from one another. In saying that they will point to a scripture thats speaking of circumcision and then apply that scripture to Gods 10 commandments. Which has taken place here.
Wow. They are Gods 10 Commandments now. That sounds much more important than just the 10 commandments.

Obviously you should keep working at them to show everyone, and God Himself, how good you are.

But that is neither here nor there. Preston was trying to say that sin is the heavy burden but I was showing through scripture that working at the law was the heavy burden.

No where in there did I say that I wished to do away with Gods 10 commandments. Or the regular 10 commandments. Or any commandments.

I could show you how Christians who have come to Christ are no longer under the heavy burden of working at the 10 commandments. But religious people who worship the law rarely understand.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017

Failure to recognize the continuance of G-d's law is a new, new age religion thinking that did not exist prior to the 1960's...that my research has found.
Don't be fooled...they are in place and as applicable as ever.
If you don't think so...then please tell me what moral standard is in place?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Failure to recognize the continuance of G-d's law is a new, new age religion thinking that did not exist prior to the 1960's...that my research has found.
Don't be fooled...they are in place and as applicable as ever.
If you don't think so...then please tell me what moral standard is in place?
This is just more misunderstanding.

Just because a person is no longer under the law or no longer working at the law does not mean they disagree with or break the spiritual intent of that law.

What moral standard is in place for people who do or do not rest on saturdays? Are people who do rest morally good? Are people who don't morally bad?

C'mon man

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
i believe all the 10 commandments are still for us today except for the keep the sabbath.

all the others are said to do in the new testament

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
i believe all the 10 commandments are still for us today except for the keep the sabbath.

all the others are said to do in the new testament
...and where and when did the sabbath observance....conclude..in scripture?

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
...and where and when did the sabbath observance....conclude..in scripture?
its in colossians st.paul writes to the gentile church:

Colossians 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013

Colossians 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.
Col.2{16} says no such thing {uh..cordin to the bible}

COL. 2 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS:

The above scripture is used by the “many” to distance themselves from Gods sabbath day. Its also their biggy to eat their piggy. But what is Col.2{16} really talking about. Let scripture interpret scripture.

EZEKIEL 45 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and MEAT offerings, and DRINK offerings, in the FEASTS, and in the NEW MOONS, and in the SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Heres a scripture, same exact order as Col.2{16}, meat, drink, holy days (feast days), new moons, sabbaths. No doubt what so ever these 2 scriptures are speaking of the same thing. See how that on those days there was a sin offering made. The blood of Christ is now that offering. Col.2 and Zeke 45 are simply speaking of the meat and drink offerings which were written in the law contained within the ordinances which were to take place on Gods holy days, new moons and His sabbath days.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017

You are miss led;....the key words here (that you are miss applying)...let no one pass judgement on you....
You see?...man has no authority to judge...G-d ...does.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Well read the bible and find out.

Let me know when you come across the term Gods 10 commandments.
Here ya go

Deuteronomy 4:12-13 (KJV)
12 And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.
13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Come on, get off your high-horse, nobody claims circumcision is still relevant today. All we need know of the law is why it was first instituted, then we will know of its relevance for us today. :cool:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
You are miss led;....the key words here (that you are miss applying)...let no one pass judgement on you....
You see?...man has no authority to judge...G-d ...does.
Yes, preston, that scripture in Colossians says just the opposite of what most claim it says. :cool: