Retire the Ten Commandments?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
his commandments
the commandments
the commandments
HIS COMMANDMENTS
define that in a way that harmonizes with 1 Corinthians 9 and the entire epistles to the Romans and the Galatians.

I decided to show the scripture of James 2
James 2 is about Leviticus 19:15, not showing partiality to the rich. which doesn't happen to be the 10 commandments.
Jesus says the greatest commandment is Deuteronomy 6. which doesn't happen to be the 10 commandments.
Jesus says the second is like it, and it is in Leviticus 19. which isn't the 10 commandments.
Jesus says "
a new commandment"

In that He saith, a new, He hath made the first old.
(Hebrews 8:13)
do not pretend all these scriptures don't exist. you will eventually learn the truth. it is better that you find it sooner.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
ANOTHER lawyer.....see how it goes when he stands before God and finds out that he never kept the law, not even once in his life.....If I had a dime for every time someone failed to take into account that the words of JESUS must be viewed in light of the fact he was born, lived and died UNDER THE LAW which ratified the NEW covenant.......I would have an extra couple hundred in the bank drawing interest.....
i'd buy a sword, and i wouldn't sell it. ;)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The translated word for commandments in Matthew 19 is “entole”. Obviously the 10 commandments

it cannot possibly be the 10 commandments here. the man asked "which ones?" and Christ did not say the 10 commandments. He mentioned a few, and He left others out. if it means the 10 commandments, then Jesus is in error.

you do not understand Matthew 19. Christ is talking to an unbeliever who rejects Him as Messiah, teaching Him who He is and that he needs Him.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
define that in a way that harmonizes with 1 Corinthians 9 and the entire epistles to the Romans and the Galatians.

James 2 is about Leviticus 19:15, not showing partiality to the rich. which doesn't happen to be the 10 commandments.
Jesus says the greatest commandment is Deuteronomy 6. which doesn't happen to be the 10 commandments.
Jesus says the second is like it, and it is in Leviticus 19. which isn't the 10 commandments.
Jesus says "
a new commandment"

do not pretend all these scriptures don't exist. you will eventually learn the truth. it is better that you find it sooner.
Excellent comeback. And thanks for the biblical tutoring.

1 Cor 9

For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them. To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law. To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings.

Dec 12, 2013
i'd buy a sword, and i wouldn't sell it. ;)
Hey you know, as a Machinist I have made a handful of knives, swords and tomahawks out of tool steel.....used black Delrin for handles (blade through) and brass or brillium as the cap off piece and or hilt on the handle....would heat treat and then temper the blades.....and on the knives I used gun blue and oil to "stain" the blades......once I was polishing a 12 inch knife blade and someone asked me a question and I tipped the blade ever so slightly and it took the skin off a few finger tips HAH the blade BLED ME in it's birth HAHAHA

I made blades in 1992 and they are still in mint condition and gave them as gifts.....about 40 to 80 hours per knife....used S-7, A-3 and A-4 tool steels.....

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Hey you know, as a Machinist I have made a handful of knives, swords and tomahawks out of tool steel.....used black Delrin for handles (blade through) and brass or brillium as the cap off piece and or hilt on the handle....would heat treat and then temper the blades.....and on the knives I used gun blue and oil to "stain" the blades......once I was polishing a 12 inch knife blade and someone asked me a question and I tipped the blade ever so slightly and it took the skin off a few finger tips HAH the blade BLED ME in it's birth HAHAHA

I made blades in 1992 and they are still in mint condition and gave them as gifts.....about 40 to 80 hours per knife....used S-7, A-3 and A-4 tool steels.....
i'm hoping for something ~ 40" blade, under 4lbs, with room for two hands? :unsure:
what i train with now is over 5lb. it feels great, but it's noticeably slow. or maybe i just need to get stronger hahaha!

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
I see your problem. You think the covenant of Hebrews 8 has already began

JEREMIAH 31 [31] BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; AFTER THOSE DAYS, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34] AND THEY SHALL TEACH NO MORE EVERY MAN HIS NEIGHBOUR, AND EVERY MAN HIS BROTHER, SAYING, KNOW THE LORD: FOR THEY SHALL ALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM UNTO THE GREATEST of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYETH AND WAXETH OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

Jer.31 and Heb.8 are speaking of the same exact covenant. Although we are to try and walk as if Gods law was written in our heart, has the covenant of Jer.31 and Hebrews 8 already arrived?

Verse 8- I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. Not a gentile mentioned anywhere. Every time i say we {gentiles} are to keep the 10 commandments, i hear that covenant wasnt given to the gentiles! It was given to Isreal only!

Verse 11- Does EVERYONE know the Lord? Not even close. There will come a time.

Verse 13- Hebrews 8 was written AFTER the crucified Christ and the scripture clearly says that the old covenant (10 commandments) is WAXING OLD and GETTING READY to vanish. Aint vanished yet! Not that only! Hebrews 8 [8] says Behold the days come when He will make a new covenant. Didnt come yet. Yes there are some books that claim the ten are obsolete. In them same books youll find in Hebrews 4 the name of Jesus being change to Joshua for the same reason. To hide the truth

Verse 10- When God writes His commandments in our heart you can bet the ranch we will be keeping them. Yes, even His sabbath. When will God write His laws in our hearts?

DEUT. 30 [4] If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will THE LORD THY GOD GATHER THEE, and from thence will he fetch thee: [5] And the Lord THY GOD WILL BRING THEE INTO THE LAND WHICH THY FATHERS POSSESSED, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. [6] And the Lord THY GOD WILL CIRCUMCISE THINE HEART, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. [7] And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. [8] And THOU SHALT RETURN AND OBEY THE VOICE OF THE LORD, AND DO ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS which I command thee this day.

After the gathering {in the twinkling of an eye} to the kingdom rest. Verse 8- Yes.... that would be the 10 commandments. Does that include the sabbath

ISAIAH 66 [22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. [23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, SHALL ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP before me, saith the Lord.

Yup

Dec 12, 2013
i'm hoping for something ~ 40" blade, under 4lbs, with room for two hands? :unsure:
what i train with now is over 5lb. it feels great, but it's noticeably slow. or maybe i just need to get stronger hahaha!
Do like the Romans....practice with a blade double or triple the weight... :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

JEREMIAH 31 [31] BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; AFTER THOSE DAYS, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34] AND THEY SHALL TEACH NO MORE EVERY MAN HIS NEIGHBOUR, AND EVERY MAN HIS BROTHER, SAYING, KNOW THE LORD: FOR THEY SHALL ALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM UNTO THE GREATEST of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYETH AND WAXETH OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

Jer.31 and Heb.8 are speaking of the same exact covenant. Although we are to try and walk as if Gods law was written in our heart, has the covenant of Jer.31 and Hebrews 8 already arrived?

Verse 8- I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. Not a gentile mentioned anywhere. Every time i say we {gentiles} are to keep the 10 commandments, i hear that covenant wasnt given to the gentiles! It was given to Isreal only!

Verse 13- Hebrews 8 was written AFTER the crucified Christ and the scripture clearly says that the old covenant (10 commandments) is WAXING OLD and GETTING READY to vanish. Aint vanished yet! Not that only! Hebrews 8 [8] says Behold the days come when He will make a new covenant. Didnt come yet. Yes there are some books that claim the ten are obsolete. In them same books youll find in Hebrews 4 the name of Jesus being change to Joshua for the same reason. To hide the truth

Verse 10- When God writes His commandments in our heart you can bet the ranch we will be keeping them. Yes, even His sabbath. When will God write His laws in our hearts?

DEUT. 30 [4] If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will THE LORD THY GOD GATHER THEE, and from thence will he fetch thee: [5] And the Lord THY GOD WILL BRING THEE INTO THE LAND WHICH THY FATHERS POSSESSED, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. [6] And the Lord THY GOD WILL CIRCUMCISE THINE HEART, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. [7] And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. [8] And THOU SHALT RETURN AND OBEY THE VOICE OF THE LORD, AND DO ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS which I command thee this day.

After the gathering {in the twinkling of an eye} to the kingdom rest. Verse 8- Yes.... that would be the 10 commandments. Does that include the sabbath

ISAIAH 66 [22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. [23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, SHALL ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP before me, saith the Lord.

Yup

if Paul was under the old covenant he could not become as those without law, and he would not have to become as those under the law, because he would already be under the law.

stop pretending the gospel doesn't exist. stop ignoring half the NT.

Dec 12, 2013

Yup
Are you seriously that dense....JESUS ratified the NEW Covenant....wow man......look the word HONEST up and take it to heart!!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Do like the Romans....practice with a blade double or triple the weight... :)
it's true tho when i pick up a 'normal' federschwert ((~ 3.5lb)) it feels like i'm holding practically nothing!

how free @Wall will feel when he finally lays his burdens down at the foot of the cross!!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
practice with a blade double or triple the weight...
like a 'schoolmaster' or 'tutor' you say?
His burden is light! :D

David took Goliath's enormous sword and devoted it to God, wrapped in cloth behind the ephod! Saul's he gave back, calling it untested, and Jonathan - who loved him as his own flesh, and gave him his own garment - the armor of the man whose inheritance was the kingdom - this is the armament he did not refuse!

Dec 12, 2013
it's true tho when i pick up a 'normal' federschwert ((~ 3.5lb)) it feels like i'm holding practically nothing!

how free @Wall will feel when he finally lays his burdens down at the foot of the cross!!
It is like the BOW....I like to bow hunt for deer and turkey.....to be consistent takes practice....I practice on top my house, shooting at a 3D target placed in numerous positions, in brush, under trees etc......and before season I may climb that ladder and shoot my bow 3000 to 5000 times using a peep sight and get to where I can place an arrow in an arrow.......when I am that diligent it becomes muscle memory and I can take a deer up to about 40 yards no problem..........

Dec 12, 2013
like a 'schoolmaster' or 'tutor' you say?
His burden is light! :D

David took Goliath's enormous sword and devoted it to God, wrapped in cloth behind the ephod! Saul's he gave back, calling it untested, and Jonathan - who loved him as his own flesh, and gave him his own garment - the armor of the man whose inheritance was the kingdom - this is the armament he did not refuse!
AMEN.....good truth and analogy

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
You are challenged in an ocular manner if you think you keep the commandments of GOD and they help you gain or keep salvation....
Again a contrarian biblical interpretation........would you please post your support references?
Or must we just accept your philosophical statements?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

"used S-7, A-3 and A-4 tool steels"

Excellent steels all of them. I would think S-7 would be superb, being a high impact and very tough too steel, yet having high hardenability.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Again a contrarian biblical interpretation........would you please post your support references?
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
(Galatians 5:4)
don't you keep pretending all this scripture doesn't exist, either @preston39.

Dec 12, 2013
Read Romans......it is rather clear on the subject....so is Galatians!!!

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Are you seriously that dense....JESUS ratified the NEW Covenant....wow man......look the word HONEST up and take it to heart!!
Yes He did ratify the new covenant. Just not the Covenant found in Jer.31

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

New testament...blood

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

old covenant...blood of goats.....The meat and drink offerings ...... fulfilled in Christ

HEBREWS [4] FOR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND.

He taketh away the first {blood covenant}, that he may establish the second.

JOHN 6 [53] [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

And theres the 2nd

MATTHEW 5 [17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus did not come to change or destroy the law. The sabbath is still to be kept. He came to fulfil what was written of Him in the books of the law concerning His shed blood.

Dec 12, 2013
"used S-7, A-3 and A-4 tool steels"

Excellent steels all of them. I would think S-7 would be superb, being a high impact and very tough too steel, yet having high hardenability.
It is....I made a tomahawk out of it and it would take a 1 to 1.5 inch limb off of a tree with a real nice "CHING" sound with one good swipe.......The A series was not bad either......I used a bucket of OIL....would heat them glowing with a torch and drop in the oil....then get all the shale off and heat to a light purple and either let air cool or pack in sand or insulation and let it cool slowly....hard to get the edge sharp the first time by hand, but man they would ALL hold an edge........love making stuff like that.....