Revelation 17:8

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Here is a Biblical definition of "blasphemy":

John chapter 10

[31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
[32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
[33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Hmmmm?

I wonder if there's any man who makes himself God?

Oh, yeah, there is:

THE POPE.

Not only does the word "pope" mean "papa" or "father",

https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=pope&ref=searchbar_searchhint

pope

"the Bishop of Rome as head of the Roman Catholic Church," c. 1200, from Old English papa (9c.), from Church Latin papa "bishop, pope" (in classical Latin, "tutor"), from Greek papas "patriarch, bishop," originally "father" (see papa).

but Jesus said not to call any man your father upon earth:

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." (Matt. 23:9)

Worse still, MULTITUDES OF PEOPLE call the "pope" HOLY FATHER, a title which is only used once in scripture in relation to God himself:

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." (John 17:11)

Don't get me started...
The pope is that second beast, also referred to as the false prophet in chapter 16 & 19.

The first beast is the antichrist.

The second beast with two horns like a lamb, will be played by one of the future popes who will be the head of that last day religious system and will be the one performing those miracles, signs and wonders on behalf of the first beast/antichrist.

It is important to understand that the man of lawlessness will be a literal man. He is the one who will establish his covenant with Israel in Daniel 9:27. The beast is that angel who is currently in the Abyss and who will be released at the sounding of the 5th trumpet, with all of his demonic army that resemble locusts. Once this angel/beast comes up out of the Abyss, he will be the power behind the antichrist.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Yeah, I agree! While the term 'beast' is used to refer to a kingdom, it also refers to that coming individual. How could you make an image of the beast as representing a nation and set it up in the holy place within the temple? Not only that, but Revelation 19:20 makes it clear that the first and second beast are individual persons, who when Christ returns to the earth to end the age, are both captured and thrown alive into the lake of fire.

The fatal head would will be performed to one of the heads of the beast as a whole, which is that eight king who comes up out of the Abyss.

hmm,,,I'm trying to think how to word this to so it makes sense,lol

There's the Jerusalem and Israel of God and just exactly like your thinking it's the apple of God's eye(and it's the one I love).......

And then there's the kingdom the Devil sets up on earth where the MoS will rise and the mark will come from. One comes before the other and just like the chicken and the egg if the beast is destroyed at the brightness of the Lords coming then it's apparent that the Devil sets up his kingom first and then the Lord comes. As a hypothetical question when the Devil sets up his kingdom do you think he will name it Israel and build a temple in it?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
hmm,,,I'm trying to think how to word this to so it makes sense,lol

There's the Jerusalem and Israel of God and just exactly like your thinking it's the apple of God's eye(and it's the one I love).......

And then there's the kingdom the Devil sets up on earth where the MoS will rise and the mark will come from. One comes before the other and just like the chicken and the egg if the beast is destroyed at the brightness of the Lords coming then it's apparent that the Devil sets up his kingom first and then the Lord comes. As a hypothetical question when the Devil sets up his kingdom do you think he will name it Israel and build a temple in it?
Well, the first thing that the antichrist does, is establish a seven year covenant with Israel, which will allow them to rebuild their long awaited temple. This is obvious by the fact that in the middle of the seven years, the antichrist/beast causes the sacrifices and offerings to cease and sets up that abomination in the holy place within the temple.

I would also make mention that, though the beast will reign as a god during the last 3 1/2 years, it is a part of God's wrath, not Satan's. The information contained in Revelation is God's word of what is going to cause to happen. The beast, the false prophet, the image, the mark, all has part in God's wrath. Though the mark is initiated by the false prophet, God will be using it to test the inhabitants of the earth, for they will have free will to receive it or reject it. It's kind of like the proverbial line being drawn in the sand. It's a part of God's plan and He is the One allowing all that to take place.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Well, the first thing that the antichrist does, is establish a seven year covenant with Israel, which will allow them to rebuild their long awaited temple. This is obvious by the fact that in the middle of the seven years, the antichrist/beast causes the sacrifices and offerings to cease and sets up that abomination in the holy place within the temple.

I would also make mention that, though the beast will reign as a god during the last 3 1/2 years, it is a part of God's wrath, not Satan's. The information contained in Revelation is God's word of what is going to cause to happen. The beast, the false prophet, the image, the mark, all has part in God's wrath. Though the mark is initiated by the false prophet, God will be using it to test the inhabitants of the earth, for they will have free will to receive it or reject it. It's kind of like the proverbial line being drawn in the sand. It's a part of God's plan and He is the One allowing all that to take place.

lol, it's like were all playing a "game of tenses",,,the preterist say it past tense while the pre tribulationist always word it future tense. It's so much easier I suppose to see it as if it has come and gone and cannot effect us or else if it's at a future time then we again feel safe. That begs the question though of how to explain what they might be worshiping in the present tense when they don't acknowledge it even being there.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
lol, it's like were all playing a "game of tenses",,,the preterist say it past tense while the pre tribulationist always word it future tense. It's so much easier I suppose to see it as if it has come and gone and cannot effect us or else if it's at a future time then we again feel safe. That begs the question though of how to explain what they might be worshiping in the present tense when they don't acknowledge it even being there.
This is why it is important to understand the meaning of Revelation 1:19 of what is now and what is still future, which can be determined by what John was told to write:

What you have seen = everything written from Revelation 1:1 thru 1:19

What is now = Represented by the letters to the seven churches, which also stands for the entire church period

What will take place later = what takes place after the 'what is now,' i.e. what takes place after the church period

We are currently still living in the 'what is now' part of what John was told to write. Once the Lord appears and gathers the church, the 'what must take place later' will begin. The 'what will take place later' is synonymous with the "what must take place after this" of Revelation 4:1.

Once the church is completed, the Lord will appear and with a voice that sounds like a trumpet, He will gather the church, dead and living. This will end the 'what is now' period. After that will begin the 'what will take place later.' Therefore, all of the events which take place from Revelation 4 onward are future events. The church being called up in Revelation 4:1 is also why the word 'church' is never seen after the end of chapter 3 and during the narrative of God's wrath and is not used again until Revelation 22:16. It is however alluded to in Revelation 19:6-8 as the bride attending the wedding of the Lamb.

In further support of a pre-tribulation gathering of the church and as I have previously made know, is the fact that believers within the church cannot enter into the time of God's wrath, because Jesus has already experienced God's wrath, satisfying it completely. Therefore, God's wrath no longer rests upon believers and therefore cannot be on the earth to experience it. It keep saying what Jesus did is a legal precedent. Because God's wrath has already been satisfied because of our sins, His wrath no longer rests upon us.

To recap, we are still in the 'what is now' portion of what John was told to write, which will continue until the church is gathered in Revelation 4:1 by that voice that sounds like a trumpet and which will end the church period. Everything which takes place after Revelation 4:1 are all future events.

L

Live4Him

The Vatican/the Papacy is also Daniel’s “little horn” (Daniel 7:8) or “little kingdom” (a “horn” is a “king” and his “kingdom” in Bible prophecy – Dan. 7:24, Rev. 17:12).

IN FACT, Vatican City is the world’s littlest or smallest kingdom:

https://www.history.com/.../10-things-you-may-not-know...

“1. Vatican City is the smallest country in the world.

Encircled by a 2-mile border with Italy, Vatican City is an independent city-state that covers just over 100 acres, making it one-eighth the size of New York’s Central Park. Vatican City is governed as an absolute monarchy with the pope at its head.”

Although this article doesn’t specifically mention that Vatican City is a “kingdom”, it does mention that it is “an absolute monarchy”, which is basically the same exact thing.

IN FACT, the following article clearly identifies Vatican City as a “kingdom” with the "pope" as its “king”:

http://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/vatican-city-explained

Furthermore, here is a list of current monarchs, and you will notice the "pope" listed among them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_monarchs_of_sovereign_states

Anyhow, this is yet another clear Biblical indicator that the kingdom of antichrist has long been among us.

I’ve been closely following the activities of the Vatican/the Papacy for 32 years now and that includes the realms of religion, politics, and finances. Every descriptor that we’re given of the kingdom of antichrist in scripture points directly towards the Vatican/the Papacy, and it shall be my absolute pleasure (and duty) to document the same for anyone who is interested.

The end times are surely upon us, and we need to be taking heed to Jesus’ admonitions to watch and to not be deceived.

L

Live4Him

Speaking of the antichrist, Jesus said:

“I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.” (John 5:43)

Does the pope “come in his own name”?

You tell me.

Here’s how he addressed the UN Assembly in September of 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7KBzDjYiSg

In case you think that the translator didn’t translate the pope’s words properly, here is the actual transcript from that day:

http://time.com/.../pope-francis-us-visit-united-nations.../

Don't miss the third sentence from that transcript:

"In my own name, and that of the entire Catholic community, I wish to express to you, Mr Ban Ki-moon, my heartfelt gratitude."

Again, this is no happy coincidence.

The Papacy/the Vatican is the Biblical kingdom of antichrist.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
(I totally agree about the 'RCC' being the 'first beast'.)

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I am not trying to hijack or derail the thread.

Post #49 is [simply] my version of this:
I don't mean for this to possibly come out sounding wrong, but I'm honestly not the least bit concerned about who I might offend EXCEPT GOD.

In other words, my goal is to present Biblical truth in the sight of both God and men.

Whatever people do with the same is entirely up to them.
Please carry on...

L

Live4Him

“And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.” (Rev. 13:16-18)

In previous posts here, I’ve documented that a “beast” in Bible prophecy is representative of a “king” (Dan. 7:17) and his “kingdom” (Dan. 7:23), and that the Vatican/the Papacy is the long-prophesied kingdom of antichrist, or the "little horn" (Dan. 7:8), or the little kingdom that the prophet Daniel forewarned of.

I’ve also documented that the infamous “six hundred threescore and six” or 666 truly is “the number of his name” (Rev. 13:17), “the number of the beast” (Rev. 13:18), or the number of the Papacy.

Now, I will briefly address the infamous "mark of the beast".

The first thing that we must understand is that it truly is "the mark of THE BEAST".

In other words, whoever "the first beast" or first kingdom of the book of Revelation truly is, this "mark" will be directly associated with them.

I've been insisting, based upon both scripture and history, that the Vatican/the Papacy is "the beast".

If such truly is the case, then there would need to come a point in time when the Vatican/the Papacy has full control over this world’s finances so that they can implement their "mark" without which nobody will be able to buy or sell.

Well, is there any indication that the Vatican/the Papacy is seeking control over this world’s finances?

YES, THERE MOST DEFINITELY IS!

Back in 2009, “pope” Benedict wrote a papal encyclical entitled “Caritas in veritate” or “Charity in truth”.

If you’d like the read the entire encyclical for yourselves, then you can do so here:

http://www.vatican.va/content/bened...ben-xvi_enc_20090629_caritas-in-veritate.html

Here is a sample of how the Media reported on the same back in July of 2009:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...al-authority-on-economy-idUSTRE5662VM20090707

Pope calls for a "global authority" on economy

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Benedict called on Tuesday for a “world political authority” to manage the global economy and for more government regulation of national economies to pull the world out of the current crisis and avoid a repeat.

The pope made his call for a re-think of the way the world economy was run in a new encyclical which touched on a number of social issues but whose main connecting thread was how the current crisis has affected both rich and poor nations.

Parts of the encyclical, titled “Charity in Truth,” seemed bound to upset free marketers because of its underlying rejection of unbridled capitalism and unregulated market forces, which he said had led to “thoroughly destructive” abuse of the system and “grave deviations and failures.”

An encyclical is the highest form of papal writing and gives the clearest indication to the world’s 1.1 billion Catholics -- and to non-Catholics -- of what the pope and the Vatican think about specific social and moral issues.

The pope said every economic decision had a moral consequence and called for “forms of redistribution” of wealth overseen by governments to help those most affected by crises.

Benedict said “there is an urgent need of a true world political authority” whose task would be “to manage the global economy; to revive economies hit by the crisis; to avoid any deterioration of the present crisis and the greater imbalances that would result.”

Such an authority would have to be “regulated by law” and “would need to be universally recognized and to be vested with the effective power to ensure security for all, regard for justice, and respect for rights.”

“Obviously it would have to have the authority to ensure compliance with its decisions from all parties, and also with the coordinated measures adopted in various international forums,” he said.

The United Nations, economic institutions and international finance all had to be reformed “even in the midst of a global recession,” he said in the encyclical, a booklet of 141 pages.

The pope’s call for a supranational body to tackle global economic woes disturbed some Catholic capitalists.

“There is a difference between coordination and mandate...a reckless loan in the United States can and did impoverish people in Latvia. So obviously coordination is important as long as it is not mandates,” said Frank Keating, CEO of the American Council of Life Insurers and former Governor of Oklahoma.

The encyclical was addressed to all Catholics and “all people of good will” and was released on the eve of the start of the G8 summit in Italy and three days before the pope is due to discuss the global downturn with U.S. President Barack Obama.

In several sections of the encyclical, Benedict made it clear he had great reservations about a totally free market.

“The conviction that the economy must be autonomous, that it must be shielded from ‘influences’ of a moral character, has led man to abuse the economic process in a thoroughly destructive way,” he said.

“In the long term, these convictions have led to economic, social and political systems that trample upon personal and social freedom and are therefore unable to deliver the justice that they promise,” he added.

Profit was useful only if it served as a means to a brighter future for all humanity.

“Once profit becomes the exclusive goal, if it is produced by improper means and without the common good as its ultimate end, it risks destroying wealth and creating poverty,” he said.

He said the current economic crisis was “clear proof” of “pernicious effects of sin” in the economy.

“Financiers must rediscover the genuinely ethical foundation of their activity...,” he said.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who had rebuked the pope earlier this year at the height of the row over a Holocaust-denying bishop, welcomed the encyclical as important encouragement for world leaders ahead of a G8 meeting in Italy.

“Pope Benedict has encouraged the state leaders to create rules so that this sort of worldwide economic crisis isn’t repeated,” Merkel told reporters. “I also saw this as an order to work toward a social market economy in the world.”

The pope appeared to back government intervention “in correcting errors and malfunctions” in the economy, saying “one could foresee an increase in the new forms of political participation, nationally and internationally.”

When the "popes" call for a “global authority” or “world political authority” whose task would be “to manage the global economy”, just who do you suppose that they have in mind for the job?

It couldn’t be THEMSELVES, could it?

You can bet your bottom dollars that this is precisely who they have in mind.

Now, before any of you even begin to think,

GET A GRIP, MAN!

NOBODY READS PAPAL ENCYCLICALS, AND NOBODY CARES ABOUT WHAT THE "POPES" THINK!,

you need to seriously consider the following REALITY:

THE WORLD BANK READS PAPAL ENCYCLICALS, AND THE WORLD BANK CARES ABOUT WHAT THE “POPES” THINK.

From the World Bank’s website:

https://www.worldbank.org/en/about/...-vis-encyclical-on-the-development-of-peoples

The World Bank has embraced the Papacy’s views on the global economy since at least the time that “pope” Paul VI’s papal encyclical on this very topic was written back in 1967.

Furthermore, former World Bank Group President Kim (2012 through 2019) met with “pope” Francis at the Vatican back in 2013 to discuss this very topic.

Here’s the video that he made about their meeting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmEVNlpjfGc

Although I cannot presently tell you exactly how all of this will ultimately unfold (I have a very-educated guess, though), I can guarantee you that the day is coming in which the Vatican/the Papacy, as the long-prophesied kingdom of antichrist, will oversee this world’s finances.

I can also guarantee you that there will be a “mark” without which no one will be able to buy or sell, and that “mark” will more than likely be an implantable RFID microchip.

More recently, the Vatican started "The Council for Inclusive Capitalism with the Vatican", and you can watch an introductory video about the same here:

Don't miss the names of the "players" in the video, which include the "pope" himself, a Rothschild, the Ford Foundation President, and the CEO of Merck, owners of much of the world's wealth themselves, as they hypocritically inform us of our need to redistribute our own wealth into the hands of the less fortunate.

There's a lot of talk circulating these days in regard to the Covid-19 vaccine possibly being "the mark of the beast", but it isn't, even though it's being used to condition people to receive the same.

Again, when "the mark of the beast" truly comes, it will literally be "the mark of THE BEAST", and "the beast" is the Vatican/the Papacy.

Who has ears to hear, let them hear.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
"The deadly wound", according to scripture, pertains to a HILL.

That is NOT my interpretation, but the angel's.

If you cannot/will not see that, then any future conversation on this topic is basically useless.
I agree the 7 heads on the Beast represent mountains, as clearly explained below

Revelation 17:9KJV
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
Did this beast receive it's deadly wound prior to the Revelation being given to John and it's writing according to the angel? https://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/17.htm
Thanks iamsoandso for your question. When Jesus went to the cross and then was resurrected it was a deadly wound to Satan. If Jesus had not done so, we might even say that Satan would have won the battle between he and Jesus. However, Jesus overcame by the blood of the lamb (his own blood, so to speak) and this is the deadly wound that Satan received. Death where is your sting, for Jesus has overcome death for his own believer's sake. He has been raised far above all other powers. Apparently, the wound to Satan was given at the time Jesus died and rose again, so this was prior to John being on the isle of Patmos. Perhaps it might be said that Jesus saying "It is finished" was the moment, or perhaps it might be said that Satan is still being dealt with until he is finally destroyed for good (after his wound is initially given). He is ultimately destroyed in the lake of fire, meaning destruction forever. That the beast is a picture of those under Satan's control is probably a valid statement.

L

Live4Him

I meant to add this to my post about the Vatican/the Papacy being the "little horn" (Dan. 7:8) or little kingdom, so I'll just add it now.

It's from the New York Times newspaper in February of 1929:

61lwgH4JNAL._AC_.jpg

The relevant statement is found in the first sentence.

I quote:

"The Pope is again an independent sovereign ruler, as he was throughout the Middle Ages, though his temporal realm, established today, IS THE MOST MICROSCOPIC INDEPENDENT STATE IN THE WORLD, AND PROBABLY THE SMALLEST IN ALL HISTORY."

Again, THIS is the "little horn" (Dan. 7:8) or little kingdom that the prophet Daniel foretold of.

L

Live4Him

“And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.” (Daniel 8:25)

In relation to the “little horn” (Daniel 8:9), or the little kingdom, or the Vatican, which is the world’s smallest kingdom, it has long been prophesied that “by peace” it “shall destroy many”.

In this post, I’ll seek to give everyone some insight into exactly how this is transpiring in our very own day and age.

Back in 1986, "pope" John Paul II organized the first “World Day of Prayer for Peace” in Assisi, Italy.

Why Assisi, Italy?

Because the Roman Catholic saint, St. Francis of Assisi, is renowned for his prayer for peace:

https://www.loyolapress.com/catholi...YXrI7zpmTEHfvQUFxxQBbWCDfkn7XNzaVU2BMLc3WmzzU

Among the participants that day were not only representatives from many so-called “Christian” organizations, but also representatives from the following non-Christian religions:

Hinduism
Sikhism
Buddhism
Jainism
Judaism
Islam
Animism
Shintoism
Zoroastrianism
Baha’i

You can read about the same at the following link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_o...jbnKW93vXmLo8E4#World_Day_of_Prayer_for_Peace

Here is a photo from that event:

46216848_122984795363262_4588846623592808448_n.jpg

The “World Day of Prayer for Peace” was also overseen in Assisi, Italy by "pope" Benedict in 2011, and again in Assisi, Italy by "pope" Francis in 2016:

https://ofm.org/blog/pope-francis-i...0qT6S1baNIDeBtEVugULQ6Re8fy13nGaZ9U375JPncm7g

Not only was Assisi, Italy chosen for its direct relation to St. Francis of Assisi’s prayer for peace, but this current "pope" chose the name “Francis” for this very same reason:

https://www.thecatholictelegraph.co...why-he-chose-st-francis-of-assisis-name/13243

Friends (or foes), true peace begins with peace with God, and such can only be obtained via Jesus Christ, “the Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6):

“Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” (Romans 5:1-2)

The false peace that the Papacy offers is Satanically-inspired.

Jesus said that he is the way, the truth, and the life, and that no man comes unto the Father but by him (John 14:6).

The Vatican/the Papacy says something completely different.

As sickening as the following short video might be for true believers in Jesus Christ to watch, please view it for yourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34

Whereas the "pope" falsely claims that,

“In this crowd, in this range of religions, there is only one certainty we have for all: we are all children of God”,

the Bible says something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT:

“For you are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:26)

The "pope" is neither a Christian nor a child of God. Instead, he is a full-fledged child of the devil and a master deceiver. Don’t allow him or any future "popes" to destroy you via the false peace that they and their Satanically-inspired cult offer.

I’ve been warning people for more than 30 years now that when “peace” (it will be a false peace) finally comes to the Middle East, it will come via a “peace treaty” brokered by the Vatican/the Papacy.

We saw a glimpse of the same when "pope" Francis met with then Israeli President, Shimon Peres, and Palestinian President, Mahmoud Abbas, at the Vatican in order to pray for peace in the Middle East back in 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDVbPQxrRc0

Scripture forewarns that the antichrist’s arrival must precede the second coming (he’s only coming twice - Heb. 9:27-28) of Jesus Christ.

There is coming a “peace treaty” in the Middle East out of which will come a rebuilt Jewish temple in Jerusalem.

The antichrist will sit within the same for a short period of time (3 ½ years) just before Christ returns:

“Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That you be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there comes a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. Remember you not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?” (II Thess. 2:1-5)

It has long been prophesied that the antichrist will set up his headquarters in Jerusalem:

“And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.” (Daniel 11:45)

The Vatican/the Papacy has long desired to move its headquarters to Jerusalem, and those in Jerusalem who are looking to rebuild the temple call this reality “an open secret”:

http://www.templemount.org/tempprep.html

“As a religious center Jerusalem remains sacred to (and fought over by) all three monotheistic religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. It is an open secret that the Pope aspires to set up his world headquarters there, having claimed for many years that the Holy Land has all along really been under Roman Catholic "stewardship." UN debates, Arab neighbors, and the PLO urge the "internationalization" of this modest city, though it is no secret that the actually want the city all to themselves without any Jews. All the while, religious pilgrims from all nations continue to flock to the Holy City in droves numbering millions per year.”

Again, the Vatican/the Papacy is the Biblical kingdom of antichrist.

L

Live4Him

Seeing how the Vatican/the Papacy will ultimately enter into an end-times "peace treaty" or covenant with Jerusalem out of which will come a third Jewish temple, I offer the following information to suggest a POSSIBLE (I'm not guaranteeing it, but I personally strongly consider that it will come to pass) "bargaining chip" that the Vatican/the Papacy MIGHT use to attain the same.

As you're probably all already aware, back in 70 A.D., Jerusalem was under siege by the Roman army, led by future emperor Titus, and their temple was destroyed.

Here is a little bit of information regarding the same:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(70_CE)

Siege of Jerusalem (70 CE)

The siege of Jerusalem in the year 70 CE was the decisive event of the First Jewish-Roman War, in which the Roman army captured the city of Jerusalem and destroyed both the city and its Temple. The Roman army, led by the future Emperor Titus, with Tiberius Julius Alexander as his second-in-command, besieged and conquered the city of Jerusalem, which had been controlled by Judean rebel factions since 66 CE, following the Jerusalem riots of 66, when the Judean provisional government was formed in Jerusalem.

The siege of the city began on 14 April 70 CE, three days before the beginning of Passover that year. The siege lasted for about five months; it ended in August 70 CE on Tisha B'Av with the burning and destruction of the Second Temple. The Romans then entered and sacked the Lower City. The Arch of Titus, celebrating the Roman sack of Jerusalem and the Temple, still stands in Rome. The conquest of the city was complete on approximately 8 September 70 CE.

Josephus places the siege in the second year of Vespasian which corresponds to year 70 of the Common Era.

I want to draw your attention to the Arch of Titus, which still stands in Rome.

Here are a couple of photos of the same:

maxresdefault.jpg

images (1).jpg

You will notice that part of the Arch of Titus depicts items from the second temple in Jerusalem being carried away to Rome as spoils.

Well, if you do notice the same, then know that you are not the only ones to notice it.

In other words, the people from "The Temple Mount & Land of Israel Faithful Movement", those who have long been preparing to rebuild the third Jewish temple, have long noticed the same themselves.

In fact, they wrote a letter to then "pope" Benedict several years ago in which they demanded that he return the temple items to Jerusalem.

You can read about the same here:

http://templemountfaithful.org/articles/letter-to-the-pope.php

They have also since sent the same demand to current "pope" Francis, and you can read about that here:

https://templemountfaithful.org/articles/letter-to-pope-francis-to-return-stolen-temple-items.php

Will a "pope" eventually meet such demands, and will items from the second temple in Jerusalem be used as "bargaining chips" to enter into the end-times "peace treaty" or covenant out of which will come forth a third Jewish temple?

Time will tell.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Thanks iamsoandso for your question. When Jesus went to the cross and then was resurrected it was a deadly wound to Satan. If Jesus had not done so, we might even say that Satan would have won the battle between he and Jesus. However, Jesus overcame by the blood of the lamb (his own blood, so to speak) and this is the deadly wound that Satan received. Death where is your sting, for Jesus has overcome death for his own believer's sake. He has been raised far above all other powers. Apparently, the wound to Satan was given at the time Jesus died and rose again, so this was prior to John being on the isle of Patmos. Perhaps it might be said that Jesus saying "It is finished" was the moment, or perhaps it might be said that Satan is still being dealt with until he is finally destroyed for good (after his wound is initially given). He is ultimately destroyed in the lake of fire, meaning destruction forever. That the beast is a picture of those under Satan's control is probably a valid statement.
Hello birdie,

The deadly wound spoken of in Revelation 13:3, is a future event and will take place to one of the heads of the dragon, which represent kings. The purpose for this deadly wound and the beast surviving it, is to deceive the inhabitants of the world.

He is ultimately destroyed in the lake of fire, meaning destruction forever.
When Satan is cast into the lake of fire, he, along with the beast and the false prophet and all of humanity who are cast in, will remain there conscious and aware forever in punishment.

"And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, into which the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."

The above scripture does not support complete destruction (annihilation), but on-going torment, which means that they will continue to exist in eternal torment. Notice that the scripture says 'they' which means that the beast and the false prophet will have been in the lake of fire a thousand years prior to Satan being thrown in. You can't be tormented day and night unless you are existing, conscious and aware. Regarding everlasting fire, the focus is on those who will be in it.

Also, the beast will be an actual person, as will the false prophet. For when Jesus returns to the earth to end the age, both the beast and the false prophet will be captured and will be thrown into the lake of fire alive, which would infer that they will be human beings.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Did this beast receive it's deadly wound prior to the Revelation being given to John and it's writing according to the angel?
All events from Revelation 6:12 to Revelation 21 are in the future. And they were also in the future at the time of writing.