Revelation 3:14-22

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

just-us-2

Banned
Mar 3, 2013
858
30
0
There is a reason that the church, aka the body of Christ, is so ineffective, divided, apathetic, and generally detached from the reality of daily life. We are living in the last church age described in the Bible. This very sad and destructive phenomenon of not connecting the reality of Christ with the reality of life is called Laodiceanism. It comes from the name of the church at Laodicea as written about by John in Revelation 3:14-22.

14 "To the angel of the Messianic Community in Laodicea, write: 'Here is the message from the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the Ruler of God's creation:
15 "I know what you are doing: you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were either one or the other!
16 So, because you are lukewarm, neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth!
17 For you keep saying, 'I am rich, I have gotten rich, I don't need a thing!' You don't know that you are the one who is wretched, pitiable, poor, blind and naked!
18 My advice to you is to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich; and white clothing, so that you may be dressed and not have to be ashamed of your nakedness; and eyesalve to rub on your eyes, so that you may see.
19 As for me, I rebuke and discipline everyone I love; so exert yourselves, and turn from your sins!
20 Here, I'm standing at the door, knocking. If someone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he will eat with me.
21 I will let him who wins the victory sit with me on my throne, just as I myself also won the victory and sat down with my Father on his throne.
22 Those who have ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic communities.”

The church at Laodicea looks okay at a glance – from the outside. But Laodiceanism is spiritual delusion and has some distinct attributes. The word Laodicea comes from two Greek words which mean "the [self-evident] rights of the people" or "conformity to the will [rule, custom] of the people." It is an interesting subject to read about but I don’t want to get off-track on that right now. Briefly, the fact is that it is socialism; the nice acceptable word for Laodiceanism is democracy; the not so acceptable word describing Laodiceanism is communism. Every personal thought and aspiration is judged for whether it "fits" with what everyone else thinks, also known as herd mentality. When the rubber meets the road, Laodiceanism is no more than worship of society. I can’t help but recall the words of Amos 6:1, “Woe to those who are at ease in Zion.” How could people be so deluded?

Answer: They do not have the mind of Christ as commanded in scripture.
Philippians 2:5 (KJV)
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
(NAS)
5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus

But just because we are living in the church age that says, in general, the church – the body of Christ – is complacent and apathetic, certainly not possessing a zealous heart for our Savior – that does not mean we as individuals have to conform to that image. If we were to remain stuck in that position, verse 19 would not say, “so exert yourselves, and turn from your sins!”

John 14:15 15 "If you love me, you will keep my commands;”
 
I have been in many Christian protestant churches and do not see all that you wrote. Most of them are trying real hard to keep to the Word of God and not deviate from truth. Most of them are struggling everyday to live out the word in real life. In fact, a lot of repentance is done because they are failing in many ways.

Yes, there is some dissension (there was in the early churches if you read Paul's letters) but nothing now that there hasn't always been. Including sins.

I see more and more the power of the Holy Spirit working in the lives of the body of believers. As the darkness of the world gets darker, so does the Holy Spirit seem to shine brighter - because the darkness will never overcome the light.

I see the people worshiping and praising in a way that I didn't as a child. I see evidences that the scripture is true: That Jesus would build His church and the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

Maybe you need to seek some other churches - but I, too, look for the Word being taught accurately and that Jesus is focused on. There will always be imperfect people and dissension - and so the grace of God needs to be much amplified. When grace is fully received and the love that goes with it, the people begin to show fruits, not of an "under law" way, but out of gratefulness and response to His love. It comes from being filled with His Spirit.

I overlook the sins of the people, and see more of a need for the Holy Spirit to be present and received with all of His manifestations and gifts. Yet, even now I'm beginning to see a fresh outpouring of His grace and power over the churches in many areas.

At least around where I live.