Revelation Proportions Observed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
Those are all the demons and fallen angels—the “locusts”—they’re Satan’s helpers.
Really? The clear language of the texts disagree with you:

Revelation 20:7-9
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison
8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number [is] as the sand of the sea.
9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

You will be so very hard pressed to transliterate the Greek and the English to say what you seem to think that it says. That's a twist far beyond what I'm willing to accept. Maybe that's what Ellen G. White taught, but it's not what the text actually says. Locusts are not even mentioned in relation to that battle. Those locusts are only allowed among humanity for five months of the 84 total months of the Tribulation. This is basic, and yet you seem to have missed it entirely.

MM

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
The Elect do go into the Millennium. Not only that, they will partake of the First Resurrection.

You are right; there won’t be any physical marriage and babies being born in the Millennium.
Where do you see this?

Everybody in the Millennium will be in spiritual bodies. Do you think spiritual bodies are weak?

Are you saying that the book of Revelation is “filled with falsehoods?”[/QUOTE]
again, Where do you see this?

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
I read Revelation, but never have I ventured to interpret its meaning. I do believe I understand some of it, which is a lot for any person to expect.
Reading others giving varied commentaries and interpretations of Revelation makes me shudder.
Un less God gives the understanding and the order to share it, I believe, I fear, many are adding to or taking away from the prophecies of the Book.
All please, beware of doing such. God bless all.
Did you know that 24% of the OT actually speaks of the end times. The NT is consistent with that, which means that the end times are addressed more than any other topic throughout. It's not about interpreting Revelation in exclusion to all other scriptures. Systematic Theology digs deeply into what ALL scripture has to say on a topic.

MM

selahsays

May 31, 2023
I accurately called you a "clueless poster" since you have no clue about these prophecies. You inaccurately identified the purpose of the 7th trumpet as announcing the Second Coming of Christ.

No, it does not show my immaturity, but it does show your lack of humility in not acknowledging that you are clueless in this regard. Sometimes Christians should simply say "I have no clue" and sit back. It is a MORE THAN VALID conclusion to say that the Church is absent from the earth from Revelation 6-19.
Oh, but I do have a clue, many, many clues and signs—I have knowledge from the Word of God and have studied Revelation in depth for years. You, on the other hand, probably not. …and it shows.

ta-ta … hope you do some real studying and learn before it’s too late and you end up being deceived. I did my best. Bye!

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
I read Revelation, but never have I ventured to interpret its meaning. I do believe I understand some of it, which is a lot for any person to expect.
Reading others giving varied commentaries and interpretations of Revelation makes me shudder.
Un less God gives the understanding and the order to share it, I believe, I fear, many are adding to or taking away from the prophecies of the Book.
All please, beware of doing such. God bless all.
One other thing, if I may, is that the accusation many others have leveled of "interpretation" is one battering ram that many have used to defend their own ignorance and denial of the importance for doing in-depth study. Please memorize this verse:

1 John 2:26-27
26 These things I have written to you concerning those who [try to] deceive you.
27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

Not some things, and not most things, but the promise is that Holy Spirit will teach concerning ALL things. Unfortunately, many choose to flounder around in life without asking for the Spirit to teach them.

MM

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
One other thing, if I may, is that the accusation many others have leveled of "interpretation" is one battering ram that many have used to defend their own ignorance and denial of the importance for doing in-depth study. Please memorize this verse:

1 John 2:26-27
26 These things I have written to you concerning those who [try to] deceive you.
27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

Not some things, and not most things, but the promise is that Holy Spirit will teach concerning ALL things. Unfortunately, many choose to flounder around in life without asking for the Spirit to teach them.

MM
I have read this many times over the decades but it does not give me license.
I have the impression you thought my post was leveled to you, it wa not.
I find your posts interessting, but I cannot judge completely for judgment has not been given to me for such matters. Whe it is, believe me, I will share it. Meanwhile know you are loved not matter what.. Thank you for the heads up.

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
I have read this many times over the decades but it does not give me license.
I have the impression you thought my post was leveled to you, it wa not.
I find your posts interessting, but I cannot judge completely for judgment has not been given to me for such matters. Whe it is, believe me, I will share it. Meanwhile know you are loved not matter what.. Thank you for the heads up.
Just so you know, I meant that as an encouragement to you, because we all judge, and Christ even commanded that we judge, but only from the foundation of righteousness. We all who are in Christ are the righteousness of God in Christ, which is a wonderful thing.

Blessings to you and yours.

MM

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
Those are all the demons and fallen angels—the “locusts”—they’re Satan’s helpers.
Can you show to us all one place where the fallen angels are ever referred to in the context of "nations"? I'd really like to see it if you can dredge up just one example that is contextually consistent.

Thank you.

MM

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
I hope you don't mind that I don't take the minimalist view of scriptures. The expansiveness of scripture is such that we could never glean the greatest of all depths within the scriptures...not in this life.

MM

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I hope you don't mind that I don't take the minimalist view of scriptures. The expansiveness of scripture is such that we could never glean the greatest of all depths within the scriptures...not in this life.
Knock yourself out.