Revelation scorpions!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
2,957
25
0
In Revelation the Bible says that the Bottomless Pit is opened and scorpions come out. They are given power to torment people. The coolest part is that if you are a Christian the Bible says you have a seal, so that nothing happens to you.
 
And those who seek death will not find it. I have always wondered about this verse. It seems that people will long to die, but even if they tried to kill themselves, they won't succeed. I wonder if it could be linked to the 4th seal? what do you think?
But as you say, we have nothing to fear if we are a child of God.
 
I don't know that it has to do with the Fourth Seal. I do know that people will be living in the mountains at one point in Revelation, it says everyone free or bondman will live in mountains due to God's judgment.
 
I don't know that it has to do with the Fourth Seal. I do know that people will be living in the mountains at one point in Revelation, it says everyone free or bondman will live in mountains due to God's judgment.

Well, they will cry to the mountains to 'fall on us' because they know judgment is coming. There are bunkers being built for a long time already to protect those that think they are worthy to be protected.
It could also be a symbolic picture of people wanting to run and hide from the cataclysmic things going on at the time of seal 6.
 
I know that verse is in there. I'm not sure it's the same verse. But I do think that it's amazing what God does in Revelation. I believe that Christians are part of Revelation. The Rapture is not mentioned in Revelation and in some of the Revelation people are sealed as Christians on Earth.
 
I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold,[e] there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon[f] became like blood. 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders,[g] the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Pretty dramatic passage, don't you think?
Looks like the beginning of wrath?
God promised to keep us out of it. There are many verses to prove it.
This subject has been discussed so many times in these forums. I believe in the Rapture, when it happens is up to God, not us. It won't be secret, it will be a very loud and obvious event.
 
I know that verse is in there. I'm not sure it's the same verse. But I do think that it's amazing what God does in Revelation. I believe that Christians are part of Revelation. The Rapture is not mentioned in Revelation and in some of the Revelation people are sealed as Christians on Earth.

Those people get saved during the Tribulation, not before it. The church is raptured after chapter 3. We are a part of Revelation, but in chapters 1-3 and 19-22.
 
I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold,[e] there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon[f] became like blood. 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders,[g] the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Pretty dramatic passage, don't you think?
Looks like the beginning of wrath?
God promised to keep us out of it. There are many verses to prove it.
This subject has been discussed so many times in these forums. I believe in the Rapture, when it happens is up to God, not us. It won't be secret, it will be a very loud and obvious event.

Good point:
"for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?" Rev. 6:17

"and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come."--1 Thess. 1:10

"For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thess. 5:9

A person really needs to correctly interpret 1 and 2 Thessalonians to really get a grasp of Revelation.