Revelation: The ark of the covenant

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ceph

Well-known member
Jun 25, 2025
1,115
686
113
The two cherubim: The law of Moses & the testimony of Jesus
The chest overlaid with gold contains the 10 commandments of life, with perpetual handles extended to be carried around by the priests.
Between the two cherubim and above the mercy seat of remission of sins, is God.

The ark represents the whole word of God.
 
In Revelation the ark symbolizes the word standing up from the mercy seat to execute judgment upon the world. This is analogous to Israel's high priest exiting the holiest place after making atonement for the people on the day of atonement to send away Israel's sins on the goat of banishment. No man but the high priest could see the ark, and even then only through the glow of coals and a fog of smoke. So the temple being opened such that the ark is visible to all the world indicates their imminent destruction

Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and that you shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his covenant: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail. Revelation 11:17-19​
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ceph
The two cherubim: The law of Moses & the testimony of Jesus
The chest overlaid with gold contains the 10 commandments of life, with perpetual handles extended to be carried around by the priests.
Between the two cherubim and above the mercy seat of remission of sins, is God.

The ark represents the whole word of God.

Hmm.... considering you are only 18 years old, I find it interesting that you have posted such "weighty" OP's. I have not met many 18 year old men who were concerned with the parts of Scripture you are commenting on. Could you explain?
 
Hmm.... considering you are only 18 years old, I find it interesting that you have posted such "weighty" OP's. I have not met many 18 year old men who were concerned with the parts of Scripture you are commenting on. Could you explain?

I'm 22, and I've been studying the bible since I was 16. I now hardly care about anything more than Gods word.
If you could see how I live, you would understand. I haven't attached myself to any social media or even use a phone at all like most people my age do. I was raised in isolation and looked to things that were old & strange, and since about last year I've had almost nothing else to do with my life than read through the cannon and deuterocannon of the scriptures.
 
In Revelation the ark symbolizes the word standing up from the mercy seat to execute judgment upon the world. This is analogous to Israel's high priest exiting the holiest place after making atonement for the people on the day of atonement to send away Israel's sins on the goat of banishment. No man but the high priest could see the ark, and even then only through the glow of coals and a fog of smoke. So the temple being opened such that the ark is visible to all the world indicates their imminent destruction

Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and that you shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his covenant: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail. Revelation 11:17-19​
Who can understand the word of God without the Spirit of the High Priest?
 
  • Like
Reactions: oldman
I'm 22, and I've been studying the bible since I was 16. I now hardly care about anything more than Gods word.
If you could see how I live, you would understand. I haven't attached myself to any social media or even use a phone at all like most people my age do. I was raised in isolation and looked to things that were old & strange, and since about last year I've had almost nothing else to do with my life than read through the cannon and deuterocannon of the scriptures.


please continue young man - said an old man
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ceph
The two cherubim: The law of Moses & the testimony of Jesus
The chest overlaid with gold contains the 10 commandments of life, with perpetual handles extended to be carried around by the priests.
Between the two cherubim and above the mercy seat of remission of sins, is God.

The ark represents the whole word of God.
The mercy seat is the place established by God where He will meet with His people.

Exodus 25:17-22 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof. And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat. And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof. And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be. And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

The mercy seat was placed in the Holy of Holies ... only the high priest could approach the mercy seat once each year on Day of Atonement.

What was established under the Old Covenant was a foreshadowing of truths revealed in the New Covenant.

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

We live in New Covenant times and we are told that the Lord Jesus Christ is the place where God will commune with His people.

Hebrews 10:19-25 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
.