Revelation's 42 Months and 1260 Days

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

doulos

1. Abraham was saved because he had faith in God.
2. No one is saved different in any age, everyone has always been saved by faith.
3. Anyone who relied on the law, or on pagan Gods to saved them, and not on faith is not saved, no matter what.
4. The jew is my enemy because of th egospel because they lead people to hell by their gospel. and themselves also. They are beloved because of the promise (nation) this is not speaking of individuals..

No one has ever been saved apart from faith in God.. And no one has ever been saved by the works of the law. Hebrews is VERY CLEAR ON THIS. why would I want to let a jew who thinks he is saved by law, who has denied Jesus as the messiah and his payment for sin, to think it is ok. God will save you anyway? I would be in serious error, and allowing a guy to send himself to eternal hellfire.
EG if you would take the time to read and understand the message I am attempting to convey you would see that we are in agreement that regardless of whether one is an Old Testament saint like Abraham and Moses or a New Testament saint we are all saved by faith in Christ. The difference is not how we are saved but how God chooses to reveal Himself to us. For the vast majority of the world today the only way is to recognize the first advent of Christ and the gospel, but for the Jew who has been given a spirit of slumber until the fulness of the Gentiles comes in God still reveals Himself to them through the only Scriptures they are allowed to see. Romans 4:15 tells us where there is no law there is no transgression. Those who God have sovereignly blinded are not in transgression for what God has not allowed them to see. If they are provoked to jealoousy there is no reason they can't return to the same Scriptures Abraham and Moses came to know Christ through and as a result be born again in the same manner (by faith in the Messiah).

I noticed you chose not to answer the questions I asked, maybe you would be kind enough to answer them if I repeat them.

Do you believe God lied and that the Old Covenant was not really an everlasting covenant? If not then how could it be an everlasting covenant if there is not a remnant held under it? Wouldn't this also explain how a Jew can be an enemy of the gospel yet still be elect?

E

eternally-gratefull

EG if you would take the time to read and understand the message I am attempting to convey you would see that we are in agreement that regardless of whether one is an Old Testament saint like Abraham and Moses or a New Testament saint we are all saved by faith in Christ. The difference is not how we are saved but how God chooses to reveal Himself to us. For the vast majority of the world today the only way is to recognize the first advent of Christ and the gospel, but for the Jew who has been given a spirit of slumber until the fulness of the Gentiles comes in God still reveals Himself to them through the only Scriptures they are allowed to see.
This is not true. they have the opportunity to see the same scripture we have, (Do you know most jews do not even reguard daniel as scripture? Of course not, According to them, daniels prophesy did not ocme true, Messiah did not come at the end of the 69th week, they are still waiting on him.. because they do not comprehend he had to take care of their sin first..They are still looking for a king, not a redeemer. Those who understand they need a redeemer, do find Christ everyday!)

Scripture is there for them to see. God gave them a spirit of slumber because of their unbelief, not to force them to not see the truth. They have the same opportunity we all have, They just continue in unbelief.

Romans 4:15 tells us where there is no law there is no transgression. Those who God have sovereignly blinded are not in transgression for what God has not allowed them to see. If they are provoked to jealoousy there is no reason they can't return to the same Scriptures Abraham and Moses came to know Christ through and as a result be born again in the same manner (by faith in the Messiah).
There is a problem. The messiah came and left. If they do not believe him, they are lost eternally. Romans tells us he wrote his law in our hearts. LONG before the law was given to moses. They are still condemned by sin even though there was no written law.

I noticed you chose not to answer the questions I asked, maybe you would be kind enough to answer them if I repeat them.

Do you believe God lied and that the Old Covenant was not really an everlasting covenant?
The abrahamic covenant is an eternal covenant, But it was never salvic in nature. The moasic (the one they are trying to follow) never saved anyone, and never will.

so whats your point?

If not then how could it be an everlasting covenant if there is not a remnant held under it?
The remnant has always been those who are saved,, The 7000 God kept who did not bow to bail are a remnant because they chose faith in God.. Those who did not have faith died and are in hades today. always has been this way, always will be this way.

Wouldn't this also explain how a Jew can be an enemy of the gospel yet still be elect?
yes, because the covenant NEVER PROMISED SALVATION to anyone just because they fell under it.. Abrahamic covenant is not salvic in nature. never has been, never will be, is it still in effect? yes. I never denied this.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
The remnant has always been those who are saved,, The 7000 God kept who did not bow to bail are a remnant because they chose faith in God.. Those who did not have faith died and are in hades today. always has been this way, always will be this way.
no, one day they'll have the magic blinders off and God will place the neck of the gentiles under their boots and they will follow Christ and THEN ALL ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED.

right?