Revival church close to Selmer, Tennessee

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SHLee

Jun 2, 2024
Singapore
My daughter and her son have been scouring for a revival church filled with the spirit within the vicinity of Selmer, Tennessee over the past 5 years but have not been able to find one. They have been searching from church to church but have not found one with the intimate passion for Christ. The mission for the churches they attended have become complacent and shifted from growing Gods kingdom towards the congregation secular needs. We are Chinese enthic group of minorities from far away tiny island, Singapore intending to make America our home. We are still looking for a church that able accept us into their community as one body of Christ family.

We understand their are pocket of churches existing within the mid eastern Tennessee, can anyone provide some leads.

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
My daughter and her son have been scouring for a revival church filled with the spirit within the vicinity of Selmer, Tennessee over the past 5 years but have not been able to find one. They have been searching from church to church but have not found one with the intimate passion for Christ. The mission for the churches they attended have become complacent and shifted from growing Gods kingdom towards the congregation secular needs. We are Chinese enthic group of minorities from far away tiny island, Singapore intending to make America our home. We are still looking for a church that able accept us into their community as one body of Christ family.

We understand their are pocket of churches existing within the mid eastern Tennessee, can anyone provide some leads.
I understand, what are their search criteria?

SHLee

Jun 2, 2024
Singapore
My daughter is a single mother in a foreign country supporting her son to grow and nuture to be a vessel for God's mission and to be responsible American corporate citizen. Both of them have got their green cards awaiting full American citizenship within the next 2 years. They are looking for a mission driven church with a small support group to grow their faith and bonding with a group of like minded believers whom they can draw upon for pastorial support. Pleased to hear

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My daughter is a single mother in a foreign country supporting her son to grow and nuture to be a vessel for God's mission and to be responsible American corporate citizen. Both of them have got their green cards awaiting full American citizenship within the next 2 years. They are looking for a mission driven church with a small support group to grow their faith and bonding with a group of like minded believers whom they can draw upon for pastorial support. Pleased to hear
I sent you a private message. I know that area.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi SHLee, welcome to CC and I hope you find what you are looking for. God bless you and your family🙏!

SHLee

Jun 2, 2024
Singapore
Thank you Tabin, my daughter and her son will be attending a pentecostal church nearby their home recommended by a member from Christian chat. Let the Lord lead them to a community where they can belong.
God bless you and your family.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Brother SHLee, First welcome!!! I am a Vietnam Veteran and had the pleasure of spending some R&R in Singapore I loved the people there. I was not a believer at that time though and missed out on many fine churches there, however now being a spirit filled believer now at my tender age of 70 lol I had the same problem living in Michigan!

First there is no perfect church you will find. 2. Here is what the Lord told me to do which I did and was fulfilled! First, find a church not far from you, pray first that Holy Spirit will guide you to where he wants you to go. When you arrive the most important factor is that the people do not talk bad about each other, that they generally care for each other, if not move on because (James 3:1-18) is the most important lesson to learn as we strive to follow our Jesus!

If they do care, then talk with the Pastor and ask him where he is leading his flock to? Again, first pray and ask the Lord to give you wisdom in how to go about this! (James 1:5) Brother I know in the Lord you have been given much wisdom probably far more than those you meet, have compassion upon them brother and by your fine example help them as a good disciple would do which indeed you are!! We brother who are older in the Lord then most, age matters not either! (1 Tim 4:12!!)

Remember!! Before Jesus talked about love, compassion etc... He SHOWED them!! Same with us brother!! By following we are to be an example, and from that example much good fruit is produced so others will follow with us! This has worked for me brother; I am not telling what to do!!

I as a true disciple of our Lord Jesus bless you in your struggle and pray and believe Jesus will guide your steps. He hears me!! And better yet he always answers me! AND!!!! He will both here and answer you!! Faith is not hope!! Faith is assurance in our hope!! Our hope lies in our Jesus not in ourselves. May Jesus bless you and grant you lasting peace!!

SHLee

Jun 2, 2024
Singapore
Brother Brighthouse9, Thank you for sharing your experiences as a Vietnam Veteran and your journey of faith which led you to settle in the State of Michigan.

My daughter and her son have been living in Tennessee over 7 years. My wife and I are living in Singapore. We are waiting for the Lord's timing to bring us to Tennessee to visit our children and if it is according to his plan settle there in the near future. My prayer is for my daughter and her son to find a church as soon as possible where they are able to grow spiritually and to bond with a spirit filled community.

The Christian Chat site enabled me to connect with brothers and sisters in Christ offering genuine care, love and concern for my children providing me with the names and addresses of churches close to my daughter's homes that meet their spiritual needs. For members whom have offered the names of churches and directions to get there from their homes my daughter and her son are pleased to acknowledge your referrals and they wish to express their thanks and gratitude. They shall be visiting the recommended churches and then decide which they eventually decided to continue worshipping.

Brother Brighthouse9 thanks for sharing some takeaways for shortlisting churches to know which church our Lord Jesus wants them to belong. Thanks for upholding your prayers and petitions for my children for the Lord to lead them to where He wants them to go. Zechariah 4:6 This the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Shalom