Revival prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I didn't watch the video, sorry if I repeat.
This is the famine I see in much of the Church today...

Amos 8:11 KJVS
[11] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God , that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord :

It was true of Israel then and it looks like much of the Church today.

Feb 7, 2015
No, I'm afraid not. "Revival" is the dependency on a Superstar preacher cheerleading, and stirring up crowds. Jesus told US (you and me) to do the task of proclaiming the kingdom by calmly speaking to individuals, and small groups as we go through our daily lives, so that they could quietly see Him in our lives.

I'm surprised at you. You are one who is consistently knocking "certain" preachers for getting huge crowds worked up so they will run forward to say a prayer. The overwhelming result of a "Revival" is nothing but the same thing.

Last edited:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
No, I'm afraid not. "Revival" is the dependency on a Superstar preacher cheerleading, and stirring up crowds. Jesus told US (you and me) to do the task of proclaiming the kingdom by calmly speaking to individuals, and small groups as we go through our daily lives, so that they could quietly see Him in our lives.

I'm surprised at you. You are one who is consistently knocking "certain" preachers for getting huge crowds worked up so they will run forward to say a prayer. The overwhelming result of a "Revival" is nothing but the same thing.
You do know the difference between a man made revival and a God sent one? Reread the book of Judges.

P

popeye

Originally Posted by Yet

We prayed every Tuesday night for revival for about 12 years. It never came. Why? Because the 'church' doesn't follow God's plan for the ekklesia.

The Spirit use to move occasionally, and fire folks up but because we were still pouring new wine into old wine sacks, OT made up laws, traditions and commandments of men for doctrine, it soon died. There is something to be said for following God's plan instead of men's.

We prayed for years for revival and we had the new wine sacks but no new wine, doesn't work either.

I have been in several powerful revivals.

But have also studied them.

The Azusa street revival came through prayer and fasting and a rejected minister William Seymoure.

Smith Wigglesworth carried revival in his belly. Revival happened where ever he went.

Revival is God showing up. But the conditions need to be there.

1) hungry hearts. A famine that is driving us to cry out for the only thing that satisfies...HIS GLORIOUS PRESENCE.

2) The proper worship

3) repentance

4) Correct leadership that makes room for God to move,and get out of the way.

5) the understanding that half the church will leave.

6) the ability to handle huge sums of money (folks give,and give,and give in the manifest presence)

7) Like coby said new souls added,and the need to feed them.

P

popeye

In the early 90s I was so disgusted with everything in the church. I asked my pastor "do you think we are in the "great apostasy" ?"

He thought a second and agreed.
That really did it for me. I sank even lower in spiritual hopelessness.

Then I got a news letter from Dave Wilkerson.
"...all the fasting and praying has paid off. When the worship starts on sunday it is like a wind comes into the church like the upper room...."

I told myself I got to go see this. Booked a flight and a hotel and went.

Got up sunday morning,went to the front desk and asked for directions to dave's church. "where is broadway and 42nd ?"

"you are standing there"

The church was half a block away.

Well,Dave was right. I was completely unprepared for that massive move of his presence.
When the worship began,they did not sing some cute fast songs to warm up the congregation. It was instant massive weight and power immediately.

I had never in my life seen people sing with all their hearts in such adoration and intimacy and power. His presence came like a 50 foot wave breaking and slamming us.

Some could "take it" some could not.
I could not. I opened my mouth to sing with them and nothing came out. I wept,and wept,and wept through the whole 2 1/2 hours.

Lucky for me the youth took me in and took me to go eat. That blew me away also because it was a separate pool of power all it's own. They were totally blown out for Jesus.

Now the 3 o'clock service. Same thing. Blew me away,could not speak or sing with them.

6 pm service Almost the same thing but somehow I kicked in and could sing. I was getting better.

Called my wife and could barely speak of the experience.It was just too awesome.

Made about 8 more trips,cost me a fortune,but worth every dime.

Feb 28, 2016
REVIVAL...

take it home...hear and feel it in your heart...live it!!!