Revival

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 8, 2021
Hey brothers and sisters in Christ

Ive been given the understanding that for revival to happen it first needs to start with self. I admit Ive been angry with certain leaders of the world, America, and the church. Ive also been very angry with the enemies of the gospel. Heres what had come of that......... It prevented me from praying for a heart change in them but instead inspired me to pray for them to be taken out. Thats the issue..... When did I deem it ok within myself to decided who Jesus died for? So I started praying for myself to have a heart change. The scriptures warn us to not let our love wax cold. Yet as I was thinking this would never happen to me well, it was happening. Revival starts with me. My heart is in need of a make over and I am in need of repentance. Could this be the revival that America needs?

God bless you all

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Self is the problem. Revival starts and ends with Jesus... the author and finisher of our faith :)

Sep 8, 2021
self is the problem? indeed. that was my point. first self needs to submit to God for revival to happen :)

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com

Ive been given the understanding that for revival to happen it first needs to start with self. I admit Ive been angry with certain leaders of the world, America, and the church. Ive also been very angry with the enemies of the gospel. Heres what had come of that......... It prevented me from praying for a heart change in them but instead inspired me to pray for them to be taken out. Thats the issue..... When did I deem it ok within myself to decided who Jesus died for? So I started praying for myself to have a heart change. The scriptures warn us to not let our love wax cold. Yet as I was thinking this would never happen to me well, it was happening. Revival starts with me. My heart is in need of a make over and I am in need of repentance. Could this be the revival that America needs?

God bless you all
It is a good starting point, but revival from start to finish is from God. He has certainly opened your eyes to something there.

God can revive the whole church in the twink of an eye, how do I know?

Because when He descends from Heaven with a shout the WHOLE church will rise to meet Him in the clouds of glory. The dead in Christ first [so what did they do to cause themselves to be revived?] and we will all be changed, glory to God.

God has His seasons.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
self is the problem? indeed. that was my point. first self needs to submit to God for revival to happen :)
What I've been saying for years and years .... dump the doctrine of human freewill, it is like a great clog to the wheels of revival.

Freewill doctrine is like the temple the fuzzies have built on the site of the temple mount in Jerusalem ... it prevents the real temple from being built.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
What I've been saying for years and years .... dump the doctrine of human freewill, it is like a great clog to the wheels of revival.

Freewill doctrine is like the temple the fuzzies have built on the site of the temple mount in Jerusalem ... it prevents the real temple from being built.
Dumping "freewill" is like throwing the baby out with the bath water!

Instead, align our "freewill" with God's will!

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Dumping "freewill" is like throwing the baby out with the bath water!

Instead, align our "freewill" with God's will!
If we align our [submit] our freewill to God we are dumping our own will, which never was free but kept getting us into trouble.

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

John 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
John 3:16-21
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Also gotta watch weather you are talking about a revival along charismania lines or a revival on reliance upon Gods Word

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Revival starts with God full stop.

It does not start with man.

It starts when man seeks God for his kingdom to come to earth as it is in heaven.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

God bless you all
I’d say it’s a good place to start the gospel is for the believer to provide a new heart through the knowledge of Jesus Christ. It’s directed inwardly to the hearer and thier hearts motivations and structure

the world hardens our heart through many messages of self and many answers like scientific theory of many various psychologies and medications , self help gurus on and on there are a flood of thkngs to teach us the opposite of Christs word

but Christs word is like the great physician replacing the worldly hard heart with a heart full of truth and Godly love flowing from within and out to others. It is structured as it is to inspire consideration and allow for change in thought and belief of how we see others and the world itself forminstance this parable carries a simple message and is meant for us to consider and carry within as we journey through life the understanding it offers

“For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭10:24, 30-37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when we say treat o here as we would have them treat us we should consider this as if we were the ones needing help would we want someone to help us in our time of need ? Not a list of rules but a new perception of life is what the gospel offers a new spirit d heart by which to live and love

Sep 8, 2021
It is a good starting point, but revival from start to finish is from God. He has certainly opened your eyes to something there.

God can revive the whole church in the twink of an eye, how do I know?

Because when He descends from Heaven with a shout the WHOLE church will rise to meet Him in the clouds of glory. The dead in Christ first [so what did they do to cause themselves to be revived?] and we will all be changed, glory to God.

God has His seasons.
Thank you for your reply. Something that came to my mind reading your response was His will is going to continue to unfold. Love always trusts