Revival?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seeker47

Well-known member
Aug 7, 2018
1,673
1,470
113
I am just curious. If there is indeed a revival brewing, will this be a good thing for the modern Christian Church? I personally believe, except for perhaps a remnant Church it will not; but it will be for believers.
 
I am just curious. If there is indeed a revival brewing, will this be a good thing for the modern Christian Church? I personally believe, except for perhaps a remnant Church it will not; but it will be for believers.
The problem I see is what happens with the new believers. They need to be established in Christ. Also, how many are in fact born again?
A lot of "conversions" are emotional decisions, not a definite choice of the will. It depends on what is actually preached. "Come to Jesus, He has a wonderful plan for your life" sound goods, but it is misleading. That "wonderful plan" for some includes ostracism from family, marriage problems, and a clash of the believer's will with God's will. "In the world, you have tribulation". Jesus has overcome, but that does not mean a life of comfort and ease.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Seeker47