Rewind, Bring it Back!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
*Seoulsearch notes @Mem's eloquent use of the PROPER SPANISH words that Speedy was actually declaring...*

*Seoulsearch realizes that her own phonetic failure at trying to remember Speedy's infamous catchphrase from childhood -- is probably the very reason why the politically correct hollered "RACISM!!!" at poor Speedy to begin with.*

*Seoulsearch hangs her head in shame at her own contribution to fall of our favorite Mexican mouse.* 😭🐭🌮
You are not alone. Even now, I would swear, whether rightly or wrongly, that he says, "IPA! IPA! Hija!" which, apparently, seems to mean that Speedy is lovingly directing me to the International Phonetics Chart for Spanish.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ThereRoseaLamb
*Seoulsearch notes @Mem's eloquent use of the PROPER SPANISH words that Speedy was actually declaring...*

*Seoulsearch realizes that her own phonetic failure at trying to remember Speedy's infamous catchphrase from childhood -- is probably the very reason why the politically correct hollered "RACISM!!!" at poor Speedy to begin with.*

*Seoulsearch hangs her head in shame at her own contribution to fall of our favorite Mexican mouse.* 😭🐭🌮


Thank you all for carrying this thread while I was gone. I broke my PC and had to wait on a new one.
A lot of the tunes couldn't be shown today. They would totally be considered racist. I watched one where Bugs goes down south during the Civil War and it cracked me up. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be shown today.
 
I always liked the Andy Griffith show, but it was a bit before my time. My parents never watched the Jeffersons or Archie Bunker so I didn't grow up with either. We did watch Fantasy Island, and the Dukes of Hazard. Was anyone a fan of the Pink Panther? Cartoon or movies? Just trying to think... my aunt was a big fan of Magnum PI, but I have no idea why.:LOL:
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
I always liked the Andy Griffith show, but it was a bit before my time. My parents never watched the Jeffersons or Archie Bunker so I didn't grow up with either. We did watch Fantasy Island, and the Dukes of Hazard. Was anyone a fan of the Pink Panther? Cartoon or movies? Just trying to think... my aunt was a big fan of Magnum PI, but I have no idea why.:LOL:

My grandgirl has picked up an affinity for the "Pink Pantser," and insists that it be streaming at naptime. I'm still working out what she means by now referring to it as 'the real' pink pantser though. I am supposing that she means the original as opposed to remake cartoons and she picked up the description "the real pink panther' when one of the movies came up in the feed and she said she wanted to watch it. I dismissed the option, "I don't think you want to watch that, it's 'the real' pink panther" and selected a cartoon version. However, I was going by my experience of disappointment when 'the real' pink panther was nowhere to be found in the movies.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ThereRoseaLamb
My grandgirl has picked up an affinity for the "Pink Pantser," and insists that it be streaming at naptime. I'm still working out what she means by now referring to it as 'the real' pink pantser though. I am supposing that she means the original as opposed to remake cartoons and she picked up the description "the real pink panther' when one of the movies came up in the feed and she said she wanted to watch it. I dismissed the option, "I don't think you want to watch that, it's 'the real' pink panther" and selected a cartoon version. However, I was going by my experience of disappointment when 'the real' pink panther was nowhere to be found in the movies.

Well, TV now is pretty much edited unless it's late at night. I don't recall watching the movies unedited, but I'm thinking there was adult humor in it. But I haven't seen one of the originals in a long time. But the cartoon we use to watch every morning before school. So I remember that and of course my father is good at accents and always says the famous line "Does your dog bite?" lol
 
Well, TV now is pretty much edited unless it's late at night. I don't recall watching the movies unedited, but I'm thinking there was adult humor in it. But I haven't seen one of the originals in a long time. But the cartoon we use to watch every morning before school. So I remember that and of course my father is good at accents and always says the famous line "Does your dog bite?" lol

Lol. That's the line my dad likes too, but my mom likes to say, "a bem!"
JQHe58.gif