Richest Man in Singapore says Money nothing compared to Our Lord Jesus Christ!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2021
India
Nice News! Positive and Inspiring! God Bless Mr. Philip Chee Tat: https://missionsbox.org/news/wealthiest-man-in-singapore-puts-his-trust-in-christ-alone/

"Philip Ng Chee Tat is, indisputably, the wealthiest man in Singapore. Worth an estimated $8.7 billion, Philip has been the Chief Executive Officer of Far East Organization Centre Pte. Ltd. since 1991 and is a highly accomplished businessman with years spent as a top executive, steering various companies into seasons of vast profits. But it is not money that motivates Phillip to succeed in the business world, as he told young businessman Matthew Yao in a recent video.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1...lzxzbjuV8tkHRtA0oTMPBg_Ji-6Njo55&ref=external

“All of us our broken,” Philip explained. “We all have a missing piece. For me, I discovered that the missing piece was God in Jesus Christ.”

The business leader said he “was always in search of a better life, a better purpose, a better me – a better everything” but that he found himself constantly “just looking at all the wrong things.”

“When I realized there was no better me, or better things without Jesus, then it all snapped in place,” he explained, before encouraging young people “to look deeper” than the world’s prescriptive desire for monetary gain.

“I treasure that more than anything,” the businessman said of his relationship with the Lord, noting that he “wished for everyone to have peace and joy.”

Despite possessing the cash to purchase absolutely anything he could ever possibly want, this giant of world business declared something astonishing as he wrapped up the video: that nothing comes even close to accepting Jesus into your heart. “It sure beats a lot of money and material things that you may have,” he said. “It starts with accepting you are broken and there is a missing piece. For me, personally, that missing piece is our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Wow!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
that is good news I hope harried businessmen take note

and put their money and goods towards benefiting others rather than just themselves, thats encouraging

I once did a business course and it seemed quite a few were in it for selfish reasons, namely, to get rich, make. brand name for themselves, and retire early sipping a mimosa selling the business off while everyone else does the hard work for you.

That was the goal

but many of my classmates that was not the goal at all, most came from poor families wanting to set up business so they could feed them and look after them BUT we learned that we needed huge amounts of capital to set up a business which most of us did not have.

in that case the would be small busniess owners needed to do a business plan and ask richer people for investment capital or the bank for a loan. But banks are not always willing to lend to people who only have an idea and no insurance or not already having a profit or turnover

small busniess owners ie. 'mom and pop' owners ive talked to why they got into that business is so their chikdren can have enough so they can get an education as well as making a decent living, but if you are a bunsiness owner you need to put in the hours which are long, and if you are the child often you will get roped into helping with no pay just because you are family, thats just reality

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
at a certain level you need money and goods to survive anyone whos poor knows what its like to live without and go dumpster diving

but that is surviving not thriving, and if you have an abundance of these you need to share your wealth for those who have not because it WILL be too much for you...so before you toss your barely used unwanted goods into the dumpster for some poorer person to scrounge, how about giving them away

a lot of business are now using their profits for good not just the shareholders

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Singapore has serious wealth it was the home of the 'Crazy Rich Asians' and quite a money driven society but there ARE christians there

wealth can be a burden honestly
those who sought mammon end up giving their wealth away before they die because they cannot keep it with them

they will realise this, like Andrew Carnegie did, and now many of us benefit as a result because of all those libraries where books can be borrowed for FREE

Nov 26, 2021
India
Hi Lanolin.

Yes, the Word says we need to provide for our family (1 Tim 5:8). So clearly we should earn money and provide for our family's needs. I believe especially men, and fathers, should take the lead role in doing this. But our needs really are limited. We need a little money for food, clothing and shelter/rent etc. We can easily give 10%, or indeed more, of our Income to Charities/Churches if we wish to.

By giving generously to the poor and the needy, we are storing Treasures in Heaven, as the Lord said in the Gospel (Mat 6:19-21) and St. Paul in his Epistle to Timothy: "17Instruct those who are rich in the present age not to be conceited and not to put their hope in the uncertainty of wealth, but in God, who richly provides all things for us to enjoy. 18Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, and to be generous and ready to share, 19treasuring up for themselves a firm foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life." (1 Tim 6:17-19)

It is good to "do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return" (Luk 6:35) as Our Lord counselled, but if we find that hard, we can always fall back on the Lord's Promise. He promises to bless us even with material abundance, if we generously tithe/give to charitable causes. That's because there are blessings for faith and obedience, and the mindset that wants to give to others is one that will ultimately be successful in creating wealth, both for oneself and for others. We must persevere in doing this, even if times are hard, and ultimately we will see the Lord's Blessings. I myself have seen it in this regard.

Mal 3:10-12: "10Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this,” says the LORD of Hosts. “See if I will not open the windows of heaven and pour out for you blessing without measure.b 11I will rebuke the devourerc for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your land, and the vine in your field will not fail to produce fruit,” says the LORD of Hosts.

12“Then all the nations will call you blessed, for you will be a land of delight,” says the LORD of Hosts."