Right or wrong

  • Thread starter Thread starter SachaP
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SachaP

Guest
Hi. I wanted to know this. I feel like my relationship with God is based on personal contact. What I mean is the church I'm going to is my own heart instead of a "real church". Am I being wrong for relating with the Lord within the confines of my body instead of going to a place of cult?

Also, Im not a heavy Bible reader but I'm more in favor of letting God guide me Himself through my relation with Him. Am I wrong for thinking that way?

Or is it coz I'm that way that I feel like the world is crumbling around me recently without knowing why it's that way and feeling like God isn't as much there as I felt He used to be. I feel very alone with all those problems, that constant stress and sorrow I've been living with for a few months now.

Thanks.
 
Many churches are not a "cult", but when you gather with other Christians, His presence seems to be magnified greatly in your worship. He lives in the body of Christians - we are His temple, so to avoid other Christians is to avoid the very real presence of Christ, himself.

Many people can not attend church because of physical conditions, but they do remain in the word because the heart is many times deceptive. He IS The Word. And you don't have to be a heavy bible reader, but at least a little each day that you can meditate on and keep your thoughts lined up with truth is vital. Remember that faith comes "from hearing the word of God". Learn to pray the scriptures when applicable. Always give thanks for everything. He is very present in the praises of His people as His word tells us.

Even though the world might be crumbling in different ways around you, Christ is still working. He loves sinners, and He will continue to be a light in the world no matter how dark that world appears to you. He is always active in our world...Keep your eyes on Him and ask Him to show you.

May the Lord bless you and give you much grace to deal with the stresses you are living with. He has anointed you with His seal of ownership through the Holy Spirit living in you.
 
You need to go look up the word 'cult' first of all as you clearly do not have a right understanding of what the word actually means.

Reading the bible is part of relationship with God. Without it you are missing out on half of getting to know Him. How can you trust something is God when you don't know anything about God? Satan comes as an angel of light to deceive people (that's in the bible, by the way). You are supposed to test all spirits in light of scripture (that's in the bible). The bible helps renew your mind (once again in the bible). If you think that you are going to have a relationship with God and leave out His words that teach us, guide us and renew our minds then you re only fooling yourself and you will find you will quickly be deceived and lead down a wrong path. Follow your heart? The heart is deceitful above all things (in the bible).
Also we are encouraged to go to church, in the bible. While it's not a command, the bible makes it clear that going is beneficial to our spiritual health.
Right now you are a person behind the wheel of a car who has never been taught how to drive, never read the manual, but says 'i can figure it all out on my own'.

The ways you're feeling are not uncommon. But how can you expect God to be there to help you when His Primary way of communicating with you is something you neglect? You avoid reading bible and church. These can be the best ways for God to speak to you, as opposed to you being the only one doing the talking and never listening. If you had a girlfriend and you only ever spoke to her and never gave her a chance to speak to you how healthy would that relationship be?
 
There is no right or wrong and you must follow your heart. Some prefer the written word of man/holy spirit and that is their choice. Others are of a more spiritual nature and are blessed with a special connection which guides them, this is their choice but very hard to ignore.
 
Take note the above poster is not Christian and is spreading non-Christian ideas.
 
I use to think like you until I began attending an environment where people gathered for the same purpose. Not only was it refreshing to leave the confines of my comfy home to join others in uninterrupted praise but hearing words that God really wanted me to hear to gain perspective, encouragement, faith, knowledge and above all peace. I encourage you to find a church you feel comfortable in, you will meet others who have great knowledge to share, people with your same struggles and the right people to help you over come them. I agree with the above great advice. You need to be in a place where God can manifest himself. Remember, there are churches that are not always giving/acting in a Godly manner so do watch out for that. I hope you find a church that you feel at home in :)