Right phrase at the wrong time ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
So you mean to say that one can commit adultery and then stop committing adultery some time before death and that would be OK? What time frame would we then be talking about?

Not sure exactly how you mean here. But I do believe that a saved person can fall into sin, however he or she will eventually repent and forsake this sin. As for those who continuously live in sin until they die, yes, such persons I do not think were ever saved. Even if they "played church".

Yes. Good scriptures.
(Died In Adultery) means there was no repentance, because to repent would be to divorce the unlawful woman and remain single or be reconciled to the living wife.

Example: John Hagee was married to Martha for like 20 years, he had an affair with the college girl (Diana Castro) in his college sunday school class, divorced Martha, wrote a big letter of this sin to the Baptist Church he was pastoring and resigned.

Hagee then went a few miles down the road and started the now Mega Church Corner Stone in San Antonio Texas, while remaining married to (Diana Castro) to this day, while Marth Hagee his lawful wife lives (Adultery)

If Hagee dies in this sinful condition, while remaining married to (Diana Castro) when Martha lives its Adultery, and the word is clear, adulterers won't be in the Kingdom

The father of modern dispensationalism C.I. Scofield also left his wife Leotine and two daughters and left Kansas to Dallas Texas, he divorced while having an affair with a college girl in Sunday school (Hettie Van Wart) in the church he pastored, he died while remaining married to Hettie, while Leotine lived (Adultery.

Scofield was the mentor of (Lewis S. Chafer) that started (Dallas Theological Seminary) dispensationalism's headquarters today.

Yes saved christians do sin, compared to Gods holiness, and we have instruction on this seen below.

1 John 2:1-2KJV
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
(Died In Adultery) means there was no repentance, because to repent would be to divorce the unlawful woman and remain single or be reconciled to the living wife.

Example: John Hagee was married to Martha for like 20 years, he had an affair with the college girl (Diana Castro) in his college sunday school class, divorced Martha, wrote a big letter of this sin to the Baptist Church he was pastoring and resigned.

Hagee then went a few miles down the road and started the now Mega Church Corner Stone in San Antonio Texas, while remaining married to (Diana Castro) to this day, while Marth Hagee his lawful wife lives (Adultery)

If Hagee dies in this sinful condition, while remaining married to (Diana Castro) its Adultery, and the word us clear, adulterers won't be in the Kingdom

The father of modern dispensationalism C.I. Scofield also left his wife Leotine and two daughters and left Kansas to Dallas Texas, he divorced while having an affair with a college girl in Sunday school (Hettie Van Wart) in the church he pastored

Scofield was the mentor of (Lewis S. Chafer) that started (Dallas Theological Seminary) dispensationalism's headquarters today.

Yes saved christians do sin, compared to Gods holiness, and we have instruction on this seen below.

1 John 2:1-2KJV
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Well, agreed there. I didn't know about Hagee's affairs, only about Scofiield the scoffer. So, thanks for the info. Often deadly heresies have some connotation to iniquities.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
But in Luke 9.6 their Gospel is not the same Gospel about the DBR ?
If there was some misunderstanding from my part before, then let's drop that. Of course I hold to that same gospel is preached throughout the Bible, whatever scripture you find.

Now, may I ask in return what your point is with that particular scripture?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Well, agreed there. I didn't know about Hagee's affairs, only about Scofiield the scoffer. So, thanks for the info. Often deadly heresies have some connotation to iniquities.
Last Post On Adultery In The Thread.

(Kenneth Copeland) 2nd marriage to Gloria while his lawful wife lives (Adultery)

(Hal Lindsey) on 4th marriage while his lawful wife lives (Adultery)

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
If there was some misunderstanding from my part before, then let's drop that. Of course I hold to that same gospel is preached throughout the Bible, whatever scripture you find.

1) Luke 9.6 doesn't not include the DBR , as its way before the DBR and none of the 12 understood the DBR until after the Resurrection.

2) Today we preach the Gospel of the DBR .

3)' Gospel ' means good news .

4 ) luke 9.6 is not the same Gospel as 1 cor 15 .1-4 .

5) Covenant theology is therefore false.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

When you say the' same gosepl ' ,it implies that you distinguish it from something. What is this Gospel ( good news ) your referring to ? I often ask those that claim to be Christian, what is the good news you preach. Its interesting how this is answered . Especially if you ask a JW or a Mormon .

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
1) Luke 9.6 doesn't not include the DBR , as its way before the DBR and none of the 12 understood the DBR until after the Resurrection.

So you mean to say that none "understood" any of the types and shadows that foreshadowed Christ's works?

The gospel is the good news about salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ alone.

Your "logic" leaves too much to wish.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020

What is your definition of covenant theology?

Jan 12, 2019
So you mean to say that none "understood" any of the types and shadows that foreshadowed Christ's works?

The gospel is the good news about salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ alone.

When peter denied knowing Christ prior to the cross, do you think he understood any of what you said about the gospel?

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
When peter denied knowing Christ prior to the cross, do you think he understood any of what you said about the gospel?
Are you to sit in judgment of St Peter and his possible lack of knowledge, or what is your purpose with such a question?

Jan 12, 2019
Are you to sit in judgment of St Peter and his possible lack of knowledge, or what is your purpose with such a question?
No, I am just wondering how you form that doctrine, even when the evidence from scripture contradicts it.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Luke 18 .
Ok look at the time line . This is after Luke 9.6 . This is before the cross .
31¶Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34¶ And they understood none of these things: and this saying was HID from them ,neither knew they the things which were spoken .

OK so verse 34 . What does it say ? They didn't understand the DBR correct ?

1) And they understood none of these things:

2 and this saying was HID from them

3) neither knew they the things which were spoken .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

//The gospel is the good news about salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ alone.// And this isn't preached until after all that is possible correct? which would be after the resurrection.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Can you do a Post on Covenantal theology . Think it would greatly help .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
" Endure to the end to be saved " ?
Another one thats used . How is this compatible with the components of Salvation today ?

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Luke 18 .
Ok look at the time line . This is after Luke 9.6 . This is before the cross .
31¶Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34¶ And they understood none of these things: and this saying was HID from them ,neither knew they the things which were spoken .

OK so verse 34 . What does it say ? They didn't understand the DBR correct ?

1) And they understood none of these things:

2 and this saying was HID from them

3) neither knew they the things which were spoken .
Don't make a hen of a feather, will you? That they didn't understand every thing that was to come regarding these events in those very days does NOT mean that they were ignorant of the principles that applied to atonement and the sufferings of the Messiah. That they knew about this we have all reason to assume that they were "well read" up on. You want to pinpoint exact levels of knowledge of the disciples just right before things occurring at that time and then make up a theology of same? It's a risky business, man. Slippery ice.