Righteousness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
It's the learning how to walk by the spirit that scares me since I did not learn it neither was I taught it.
Only the flesh gets scared - it loses ALL control and does NOT get its way.

The flesh depends on human reasoning to discount and not believe the leading of the Holy Spirit.......just let go and ask God’s Holy Spirit to be in total control over all you think, understand, know and all your choices.....ask for the anointing of the Holy Spirit....:love:(y)

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
1 John 2:27-29 -
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=1 John 2:27-29&version=KJV

Jun 15, 2020
It just seems that you claim to have attributes that only God has.
I'm really starting to like you. You seem like a good guy. Are you ready for some good stuff?

I believe the spirit of Christ is my new nature and therefore I have been able to function in it. To live in it, walk by it, and be in it. When I finally figured this out is when the lights turned on. Most of my life I believed I was in a battle between what I thought was my old man fighting against what I thought was my new man. Now I'm not fighting. I moved right in the darn thing. It seems to me one cannot walk in or by the spirit if our old nature (which is dead) thinks it's fighting against our new nature.

Last night is when I took the red pill that released me from the Matrix. Being in Christ is not what I was taught, meaning that you are in fellowship, which means you are walking upright with your flesh. I now understand being in Christ is being in the spirit and neither of them (in Christ or in the spirit) has anything to do with the darn flesh.

It now seems perfectly clear to walk in or by the spirit is the same as putting on the Lord Jesus Christ. It's the same as having fellowship with Jesus Christ, which is also part of having the mind of Christ. Living in Christ is the same as being strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. There's a verse where Jesus says without me you can do nothing. Well, I'm never without him.

Dec 30, 2019
We are heirs and joint heirs with Jesus Christ,
"And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together." (Romans8:17) Paul says: "we suffer with Him". What do you have to say about this?

Jun 15, 2020
Only the flesh gets scared - it loses ALL control and does NOT get its way.

The flesh depends on human reasoning to discount and not believe the leading of the Holy Spirit.......just let go and ask God’s Holy Spirit to be in total control over all you think, understand, know and all your choices.....ask for the anointing of the Holy Spirit....:love:(y)

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
1 John 2:27-29 -
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=1 John 2:27-29&version=KJV
Nothing is going to control me.

Dec 30, 2019
ye need not that any man teach you
We are all unique. WE are living stones and each stone is different from the other. "As you come to Him, the living stone, rejected by men but chosen and precious in God’s sight, you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. " (1Peter2:5)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
No. I still have free will.
Our free will does NOT override God’s control. We get to make choices but, God is in control of ALL outcomes.

This is why we don’t always get our way...we CANNOT CONTROL all the variables that contribute to the outcome of our plans and decisions.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I do believe God has given us free will and I believe in predestination.

God loves us and wants us to love Him, too.

Love has to have a choice, otherwise we’re just robots - preprogrammed.

There are two paths - one leads to Life and the other leads to Death.

We get to choose the path but, where the path ends is predestined- Life/Death.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
Deuteronomy 30:19-20 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Deuteronomy 30:19-20&version=KJV

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Here is a question that is fun to ponder....

What does LOVE hate and what does LOVE love......:unsure:

LOVE will choose what it loves and reject what it hates.

Dec 30, 2019
I do believe God has given us free will and I believe in predestination.
God writes the book of our life before we are born at conception. "Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:16) Then we choose if we are going to develop our gifts, talents and abilities to bring Him honor and glory. I believe we are all written in the Lamb's book of life from the foundation of the world. Some people are blotted out.

Revelation 3:5, KJV: "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Then do we choose God or did God choose us?
Both! LOVE chooses what It loves...

We don’t know God so, we cannot choose Him. God knows us so, God has to choose us first. He makes His love for us known to us and we get to respond with our choice - accept and receive God’s love or reject it.

I absolutely totally 120% receive God’s love for me and choose to love Him completely in return! I’d be an ignorant fool not to! Lol! :giggle::love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
God writes the book of our life before we are born at conception. "Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:16) Then we choose if we are going to develop our gifts, talents and abilities to bring Him honor and glory. I believe we are all written in the Lamb's book of life from the foundation of the world. Some people are blotted out.

Revelation 3:5, KJV: "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."
There is an age of accountability- 20 years old - no more parental decision override.

The Lamb’s Book of Life is the predestined path of Life, if NOT in life then the person choose Death which ends in the Lake of Fire.

Everyone has a choice and both paths have a predestination.

Jun 15, 2020
Our free will does NOT override God’s control. We get to make choices but, God is in control of ALL outcomes.

This is why we don’t always get our way...we CANNOT CONTROL all the variables that contribute to the outcome of our plans and decisions.
You scare the hell out of me woman. God is not in control.