Rightly divided

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2018
What do you mean third paragraph? I copy pasted the entire thing.....as I said, I was studying this.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Sorry not following all the ins and outs of this convo, but thought would add this here to aid you

Romans 10:12 for there is no difference between the jew and the greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

If you read Romans it will explain it all. Look in chapter 10.

Yes I would say some churches are not good at explaining the context of the gospel before the resurrection, Jesus was always looking toward that and the gift of the holy spirit, when he was on earth he could not dwell inside every believer although he lived amongst them, even some of the disciples couldnt spiritually grasp what he meant, even though they followed him everywhere.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
When Christ was crucified Israel was put on hold.....this is the point that god turned to the gentiles. After the gentiles come into fullness, Christ returns and resumes with Israel
In Acts 1:6 the Apostles ask if the kingdom would be restored at that time as if it was "on hold" long before Paul was converted. The expectation of the Jewish people was that the Messiah would rule and that he would restore the kingdom to Israel as if they had lost it and 70 weeks were determined while on hold.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
I know that, there was the “kingdom gospel” Christ preached on during his earthly ministry but there’s also the gospel message written in the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) that the same message to what Paul preach. I wonder if these things coming from the lips of Christ would not be applicable to me and to Paul.

Would you dissect to me why it is not?
Thanks

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
We would not understand this passage if not for the revelation given unto Paul.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Debunking easy-believism is so easy you hit a home-run everytime.

Its always a KO!

(Thats my man Deontay Wilder from ALABAMA, 40-0 39KOs)

Dec 26, 2018
Because you failed to give credit to the author. Saying you're studying it makes it appear it's yours...
No, saying I’m studying “this” makes it look like I’m studying “this”, if you are going to say that I’m plagerizing the “study” of gods word, the least you can do is put your charge into context...it is unfortunate, that you would want to give anyone, other than the true author of scripture, “credit”. Keep trolling child, it is not as if you have something profitable to offer,

Dec 26, 2018

Its always a KO!

Interesting....it always seems to be the two of you, it is unfortunate that you do not use your time as a believer in Christ to interject with your own study of scripture....looking back on both of your posts, it looks like both of you enjoy the simplicity of “copy/paste” , but I won’t fault you for the spec in your eye lol

Dec 28, 2016
No, saying I’m studying “this” makes it look like I’m studying “this”, if you are going to say that I’m plagerizing the “study” of gods word, the least you can do is put your charge into context...it is unfortunate, that you would want to give anyone, other than the true author of scripture, “credit”. Keep trolling child, it is not as if you have something profitable to offer,
No, you plagiarized. You really ought to lose the name calling, it's juvenile.

Why not just give the credit to whom it is due, or is it your penchant to take credit for yourself, like others on here?

Like maybe God saw you would choose him, so based on that he chose you and gave you a reward of eternal life because of what you did? ;) :eek:

Dec 28, 2016

Its always a KO!

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Saul "Canelo" Alvarez all the way pal!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL::ROFL:(y)

Dec 28, 2016
Interesting....it always seems to be the two of you, it is unfortunate that you do not use your time as a believer in Christ to interject with your own study of scripture....looking back on both of your posts, it looks like both of you enjoy the simplicity of “copy/paste” , but I won’t fault you for the spec in your eye lol
"The simplicity of copy and paste?" You mean like your copy and paste from the dispy site, and your failure to give credit? :p

Hmmmm. ;) :LOL:

K

kaylagrl

Brother there is too much back and forth here to follow this convo. I know you're not doing it on purpose but could you use a capital G when using Gods name? Thanks

Now a few questions if I may.Are you saying that someone who is saved can never sin? Are you saying that Jews are saved in a different way,other than grace? What does "finished work on the cross" mean to you?

Lastly the church you attended that judged each other have a very immature view of the Bible. We are all sinners,all saved by grace. Each one of us was lost in sin. We have been forgiven but we are not yet sinless.
All of us fail. No one has room to judge another and the Bible is very clear about judging others. So that church
was full of some very immature Christians.

Dec 26, 2018
You responded to my same post? Twice?

Why would I stop batting when I'm batting .1000?

See? I got a double just on this one. I feel a homer coming up, grand slam, let me search your posts. ;)
I said “keep batting”

Wow, lookIng through some of your posts....does not take long to see your history is comprised of watching YouTube videos, correcting punctuation of only those who disagree with you, trolling those who disagree with you, plagerism as to your own charge, smug responses akin to a child, quarreling in disputations, puffed up....the list goes on....but then again, based on your true batting record on this forum, it is easy to see that you have become tone deaf, and imminate sounds akin to a clanging symbol.....your record on this forum also testifies to your motive.....which is not much different as to those who mocked Christ as he disagreed with them...out of nearly 8000 posts, your batting average is nearly the worst on this forum....But I digress, even with your image and behavior, if you truly believe that Christ died for you, under the dispinsation of grace, no longer under the law, you will still partake in the kingdom of heaven,..is that not the most amazing, and comforting words you have ever heard?

Dec 26, 2018
Brother there is too much back and forth here to follow this convo. I know you're not doing it on purpose but could you use a capital G when using Gods name? Thanks

Now a few questions if I may.Are you saying that someone who is saved can never sin? Are you saying that Jews are saved in a different way,other than grace? What does "finished work on the cross" mean to you?

Lastly the church you attended that judged each other have a very immature view of the Bible. We are all sinners,all saved by grace. Each one of us was lost in sin. We have been forgiven but we are not yet sinless.
All of us fail. No one has room to judge another and the Bible is very clear about judging others. So that church
was full of some very immature Christians.
Not much different from some of those who claim to be in Christ here....And no, I will not capitalize my “g” at your request, let no man judge you on meat or drink or day or customs.....if it is your will that I follow your lead, why begin your introduction with a correction? Can you not even follow the simplist forms of respect?

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Rightly Divide The Word Of Truth

Source: Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words

Greek orthotomeo - English dividing - Strongs 3718:
"to cut straight" is found in 2 Tim 2:15 "rightly dividing,"

2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, "rightly dividing the word of truth".
(NOTE: We divide by cutting a straight line)

Question: Where do we cut the straight dividing line in the word of truth?

Answer: The Death & Resurrection of Christ

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
(NOTE: The New Testament/Covenant doesn't begin until after Christ's death & resurrection)

It's not until a sinless Christs; sacrificial sin atoning death = (sins waged paid) & resurrection = (Gods receipt, payment received & accepted).

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Matt 27:
50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost

51 Behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
(NOTE: The old covenant/testament ends, right here, in resurrection power! The veil tears as Christ passes through it, breaking the spiritual barrier. Sin seperated man from God's presents. Thru faith in Christs FINISHED sin redemptive payment. We can come boldly unto the throne of grace - Heb 4:16)

Rom 5:
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
(NOTE: KJV Dictionary Definition, justification: In theology, remission of sin and absolution from guilt and punishment; an act of free grace by which God pardons the sinner and accepts him as righteous, on account of faith in the atonement of Christ).

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
(NOTE: We access God's grace thru faith in Christ's FINISHED sin atoning work & resurrection)

Ephesians 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Parsing vs 8, For by Gods grace = (unmerited/unearned favor) are ye saved > thru faith placed in the FINISHED sin redemptive work of Jesus the Christ & his resurrection.

Vs 9) and that not of yourselves (no self works are involved).

A Gift is given, not earned. Grace is a gift from God, accessed thru faith placed in Christ's FINISHED sin payment & resurrection.