Rightly divided

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Matthew55

Dec 29, 2018
JESUS was fully GOD and fully man and we have a choice to make.
Yes that is true, but would this fully GOD and fully man lead a man unto destruction because the man did not realize at that moment that you were fully GOD and fully man?

OR, would this fully God, and fully man have compassion and mercy on this man for even asking, and teach him the truth and send him down the right path to eternal life?

Dec 9, 2011
Yes that is true, but would this fully GOD and fully man lead a man unto destruction because the man did not realize at that moment that you were fully GOD and fully man?

OR, would this fully God, and fully man have compassion and mercy on this man for even asking, and teach him the truth and send him down the right path to eternal life?
We have a choice to serve GOD or serve ourself so then JESUS who Is GOD knew that the rich young ruler was looking at the outward man to Impart some kind of reassuring confidence so that he could feel that he would make It In not recognizing that GOD IS a SPIRIT and those that worship HIM MUST worship HIM our spirit to HIS SPIRIT and HIS SPIRIT to our spirit and In TRUTH.GOD IN CHRIST JESUS didn’t tell him anything wrong but let the man make his choice.Since the man chose to look to a priest rather than GOD,JESUS pointed him to the law telling him”you know the commandments”

JESUS told him,WHY do you call me “good”?

There Is only “ONE”that Is good and that Is GOD.

Call on GOD and man should tell you that also man can’t save with the traditions of man.Only grace through faith can save man.

Dec 26, 2018
Faith is heads; Repentance is tails...same coin, can't be separated.
IOW, when someone turns TOWARDS the North (faith), he automatically turns AWAY from the South (repentance). I suppose you can add in contrition as the catalyst.
For clarity, could you please give some examples to justify treating a believer as a nonbeliever? For instance:

Not going to Church?
Drinking?
Smoking?
What about opposition to your church doctrine?
Listening to heavy metal?
Cursing?
Adultry?
Lying?
Stealing?
Unforgivess?
Murder?

All the above?

Dec 26, 2018
con·science
/ˈkän(t)SHəns/
noun
  1. an inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior.
    "he had a guilty conscience about his desires"

Amen

It’s In everyone naturally born person to know at some point If they are guilty of breaking the law of GOD unless they are damaged In a way that they are not aware of,I’m talking about the conscience.

If the person becomes aware that they are wrong then sin Is Imputed but sin Is not Imputed where there Is no law.
+++
Romans 7:7-10
King James Version

7 What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin [was] dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
For clarity, could you please give some examples to justify treating a believer as a nonbeliever? For instance:

Not going to Church?
Drinking?
Smoking?
Cursing?
Adultry?
Lying?
Stealing?
Unforgivess?
Murder?

All the above?
Your list above is just a trite caricature of legalism...not my list.

Remember, just because we may treat them as an unbeliever does not mean they are and visa-versa. God knows who are His and He is the ultimate Judge.

So my personal judgments mean little, it carry's more weight when the Church decides as in 2Cor 2. But personally as an approximate measure I go by their attitude towards Scripture (e.g. do they see it and treat it as truly God's Word or just literature), and the fruit of the Spirit (all born again children will produce fruit, some more than others...peace, joy, kindness, faithfulness, patience etc.). When these are lacking, my 'red alert' antennae goes up.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
faith/belief is to have absolute confident trust in God
repentance is to turn away from sin, not just be sorry about it

Not of the same coin. One is God given, the other is man-driven.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Not of the same coin. One is God given, the other is man-driven
Are you sure repentance is 'man-driven'?

Ac 5:31 "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

2Ti 2:25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,

E

eternally-gratefull

Faith can not happen unless one repents.

You can not have faith in God until you repent your thoughts and ideas of who and what he is, and admit your rightly judged because of your sin.

Until then, you may BELIEVE in jesus, but you will never entrust your life to him.

E

eternally-gratefull

Not going to Church?
Drinking?
Smoking?
Cursing?
Adultry?
Lying?
Stealing?
Unforgivess?
Murder?

All the above?
There is only one answer,

Anyone who teach a different gospel which Paul taught, which is not another gospel.. but there are those who wish to pervert the gospel. Let him be accursed.

If your trying to judge a person by what sins they commit, because they are sinning, you would have to judge everyone.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Are you sure repentance is 'man-driven'?

Ac 5:31 "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

2Ti 2:25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
Convicton of sin and knowledge of appropriate behavior (repentance) comes from the Holy Spirit......actions are man-driven. Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
We can repent of the sin......acknowledge it, but then comes the hard part (for some sins for some people). Everyone has their own journey to the narrow gate.

Dec 9, 2011

Not going to Church?
Drinking?
Smoking?
Cursing?
Adultry?
Lying?
Stealing?
Unforgivess?
Murder?

All the above?
man looks at the outward appearances so then how would we know when a believer Is not to be treated as a believer,only the LORD could tell you that but Paul wrote
2 Thessalonians 3:13-16
King James Version

13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

15 Yet count [him] not as an enemy, but admonish [him] as a brother.

16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord [be] with you all.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Reasons for treating people like NON-Believers
1. Do not answer stupid questions from them like "what is the trinity?"
2. Don't quote scripture to them as they have 0 understanding of anything than the simple gospel
3. Don't tell them God loves them because you don't know if God loves them or not

Note to self: follow 1, 2 and 3

E

eternally-gratefull

3. Don't tell them God loves them because you don't know if God loves them or not
This is the worse thing you could ever do The gospel message is a message of Love, God loved the word/ To say God does not love someone would be a lie

Dec 26, 2018
Your list above is just a trite caricature of legalism...not my list.

Remember, just because we may treat them as an unbeliever does not mean they are and visa-versa. God knows who are His and He is the ultimate Judge.

So my personal judgments mean little, it carry's more weight when the Church decides as in 2Cor 2. But personally as an approximate measure I go by their attitude towards Scripture (e.g. do they see it and treat it as truly God's Word or just literature), and the fruit of the Spirit (all born again children will produce fruit, some more than others...peace, joy, kindness, faithfulness, patience etc.). When these are lacking, my 'red alert' antennae goes up.
Respectfully, you said:

“That depends. If he continues doing the sinning after a warning or two, he should be treated as an unbeliever until he repents. If he is doing it out of ignorance as a true believer, and is warned, he will repent and will not need restoration.”

For clarity, I asked you to give me examples of “the sinning” you speak of, is this not a fair question? Your answer pertains to the heart of the doctrine you share and the growth of the body of Christ. I must assume you are referring to the 10 commandments given by Moses. Respectfully, can you please clarify?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Respectfully, you said:

“That depends. If he continues doing the sinning after a warning or two, he should be treated as an unbeliever until he repents. If he is doing it out of ignorance as a true believer, and is warned, he will repent and will not need restoration.”

For clarity, I asked you to give me examples of “the sinning” you speak of, is this not a fair question? Your answer pertains to the heart of the doctrine you share and the growth of the body of Christ. I must assume you are referring to the 10 commandments given by Moses. Respectfully, can you please clarify?
No I am speaking of the new nature that the born again child of God enjoys. This is the moral aspect of the Ten Commandments written on our hearts...those 10 are a reflection of His nature. The Sabbath command though is not a moral edict except that when we come to faith we are to rest in His Work.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (Jer 31:33)

Instead of on stone, God's nature is now written on the believer's heart through His Holy Spirit....

And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
(2Co 3:3)

Dec 26, 2018
No I am speaking of the new nature that the born again child of God enjoys. This is the moral aspect of the Ten Commandments written on our hearts...those 10 are a reflection of His nature. The Sabbath command though is not a moral edict except that when we come to faith we are to rest in His Work.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (Jer 31:33)

Instead of on stone, God's nature is now written on the believer's heart through His Holy Spirit....

And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Respectfully, can you give me a situation, in your church, that warrants treating a believer as an unbeliever?

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
“Works” was part of this “performance based test” during the dispensation of the law......you had to do works....same as the doctrine of today with many churches you are surrounded by....”works” is weaved in through out the message, Matthews is preached to congregations all over, without context, as though its members were to apply “works” to salvation....(repentenance as an admission) Salvation is a free gift through Grace, and faith in Jesus Christ, anything less than free, and it is not a gift
What are you trying to imply? that Jesus and the Apsotles taught that someone must obey the the law in order to saved? That will be hype sir... I maintain as dispensinalist that in even Abraham and in every age salvation is by grace through faith...

Rightlydivided

Dec 26, 2018
What are you trying to imply? that Jesus and the Apsotles taught that someone must obey the the law in order to saved? That will be hype sir... I maintain as dispensinalist that in even Abraham and in every age salvation is by grace through faith...
No Fredo, we are in agreement