Riots in Minneapolis

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 10, 2019
One state you won’t see a lot of looting and burning down business is Texas, people no better in that state, that is the only state you have the right to protect property even using deadly force.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
NYPD officers approached Eric Garner on July 17,2014 on suspicion of selling single cigarettes from packs without tax stamps. After Garner told the police that he was tired of being harassed and that he was not selling cigarettes, the officers attempted to arrest Garner. When Pantaleo placed his hands on Garner, Garner refused to cooperate and pulled his arms away. Pantaleo then placed his arm around Garner's neck and wrestled him to the ground. With multiple officers restraining him, Garner repeated the words "I can't breathe" 11 times while lying face down on the sidewalk. After Garner lost consciousness, officers turned him onto his side to ease his breathing. Garner remained lying on the sidewalk for seven minutes while the officers waited for an ambulance to arrive. Garner was pronounced dead at an area hospital approximately one hour later.
Do what the cop tells you to do ..

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Twitter is really crowded right now trump is on the verge of getting kicked out of Twitter too

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Twitter is really crowded right now trump is on the verge of getting kicked out of Twitter too
I thought Trump signed an Executive Order against Twitter yesterday

S

Susanna

I’ve said it before, and I’ll repeat it: Do exactly what the officer says.

If we are serious about having a civilized society, cops are a mandatory part of it.

If we agree on keeping the peace by the help of law enforcement, well then do exactly what the officer says.

Way too many situations escalate because a person refuses to do what he’s been told to.

What the Minneapolis cop did was wrong, but there’s another side to the story, and that is in general, and is not related to what happened in Minneapolis, namely the fact that DO WHATEVER THE OFFICER SAYS AND FILE YOUR COMPLAINT AFTERWARDS!

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
I’ve said it before, and I’ll repeat it: Do exactly what the officer says.

If we are serious about having a civilized society, cops are a mandatory part of it.

If we agree on keeping the peace by the help of law enforcement, well then do exactly what the officer says.

Way too many situations escalate because a person refuses to do what he’s been told to.

What the Minneapolis cop did was wrong, but there’s another side to the story, and that is in general, and is not related to what happened in Minneapolis, namely the fact that DO WHATEVER THE OFFICER SAYS AND FILE YOUR COMPLAINT AFTERWARDS!
By all reports he was not resisting, he didn't attack the officer, did not try to run away, the officer just killed him.

S

Susanna

By all reports he was not resisting, he didn't attack the officer, did not try to run away, the officer just killed him.
What I said was not related to what happened in Minneapolis. What that cop did was wrong and he’s killed a man and he’s giving all law enforcement a bad name.

K

Kim82

..I live in an area that is 99% white, but guess what there is still a lot of police brutality going on, but you won't hear about it though because it is against white folks.
And Why do you allow it to happen? Why do you and your neighbours sit down and put up with the brutality?

How can "a lot of police brutality" be allowed to continue? Not just in America, but in any part of the world.

You make it seem normal and acceptable. Do you teach your children that its OK for the police to brutalize people?

you won't hear about it though because it is against white folks.
And I ask again: why do you and your neighbours allow it to happen?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I love how people are now attempting to name drop Dr. King as an example of how we SHOULD be protesting. You do understand that PEACEFUL protests were seen in the same light as violent ones, right? (Colin Kaepernick, anyone?)
Oh, and they MURDERED Dr. King for protesting peacefully. So stop glorifying it, as if we don't remember what happened. Black people didn't lose their way. They lost their LIVES.
That was a direct quote from dr. King that you just took entirely out of context

K

Kim82

NYPD officers approached Eric Garner on July 17,2014 on suspicion of selling single cigarettes from packs without tax stamps. After Garner told the police that he was tired of being harassed and that he was not selling cigarettes, the officers attempted to arrest Garner. When Pantaleo placed his hands on Garner, Garner refused to cooperate and pulled his arms away. Pantaleo then placed his arm around Garner's neck and wrestled him to the ground. With multiple officers restraining him, Garner repeated the words "I can't breathe" 11 times while lying face down on the sidewalk. After Garner lost consciousness, officers turned him onto his side to ease his breathing. Garner remained lying on the sidewalk for seven minutes while the officers waited for an ambulance to arrive. Garner was pronounced dead at an area hospital approximately one hour later.
Thanks for the history Silverwings. Nice.

The police in that case was fired five years after the incident. But we see an improvement here, in that the officer in this latest tragedy has already been fired.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
If I murdered someone in broad daylight on camera, I would be in jail within the hour
It wouldn't take burning down the entire city for me to be arrested
so why do we extend this courtesy to law enforcement?

K

Kim82

Do what the cop tells you to do ..
And if you don't, they'll stop your breath?

May these two tragedies be a lesson to other officers: When someone says they can't breathe, don't ignore them.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
And Why do you allow it to happen? Why do you and your neighbours sit down and put up with the brutality?

How can "a lot of police brutality" be allowed to continue? Not just in America, but in any part of the world.

You make it seem normal and acceptable. Do you teach your children that its OK for the police to brutalize people?

And I ask again: why do you and your neighbours allow it to happen?
I agree we should protest police brutality. They should be held accountable for their actions. Rioting is not the answer, though. Innocent people are suffering because of rioting. It is not solving any problems.