Riots in Minneapolis

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I think assaulting an elderly person should be a felony
I think if you walk up and get in an officers face when they are moving in formation dressed in riot gear you might be asking for it .. Bwahahaha ..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I think assaulting an elderly person should be a felony
Two Buffalo police officers have been charged with assault after video surfaced that showed police pushing an elderly protester to the ground.

Aaron Torgalski, 39, and Robert McCabe, 32, turned themselves in Saturday, a day after footage of officers shoving 75-year-old Martin Gugino circulated widely. In the video, Gugino falls to the ground and appears to bleed from his ear.

The clip is one of several that show police officers using force against protesters in this week’s demonstrations against police violence.

While there is no federal database or agency tasked with providing information on police misconduct, a tracker maintained by Philip Stinson, a criminal justice professor at Bowling Green State University, tallied 8,495 police officers prosecuted between 2005 and 2014.
Stinson said acts of force such as pushing a protester back are common police tactics but are only now gaining more attention since these instances were taped.

“These types of things occur every day,” Stinson wrote in an email to The Post. “We just don’t learn about them because they aren’t recorded on smartphone videos.”

In a video taken Thursday evening by WBFO, a local radio station, Gugino approached a line of police before being pushed back. Gugino stumbled and fell backward, hitting his head on the ground. Blood pooled on the sidewalk under his head. He was hospitalized but is in stable condition as of Saturday.

Gugino’s attorney Kelly V. Zarcone told WKBW in a statement that her client is a “longtime peaceful protester and human rights advocate.” She said he asks for privacy but “appreciates all of the well wishes he has received and requests that any further protests continue to be peaceful.”

Gugino is a member of two nonprofits: PUSH Buffalo, which focuses on affordable housing, and Western New York Peace Center, a human rights organization. He is also part of the Catholic Worker Movement.

Buffalo Police Department Capt. Jeff Rinaldo told The Post that there will be an internal affairs investigation into Torgalski and McCabe, who were suspended without pay.

The officers’ suspension triggered reaction among police: 57 members of the department resigned en masse from the special response squad in protest.

“Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,” Buffalo Police Benevolent Association President John Evans told WGRZ.

After news of the resignations, Erie County District Attorney John Flynn said he chose to wait to charge the officers until Saturday out of concern that it would trigger unrest Friday night.

“I didn’t want to pour gasoline on a fire,” he said. “I was concerned about the safety of the city last night.”

Members of the police and fire unions were seen applauding Torgalski and McCabe as they left the Buffalo City Courthouse on Saturday after being released without bail. Both pleaded not guilty. The Buffalo Police Benevolent Association and Tom Burton, a lawyer for the association who is representing the two officers, did not respond to a request for comment Saturday.

If found guilty, both officers could face up to seven years in prison. Their next hearing is July 20.

When asked about the association’s claim that he chose to charge the officers as a political stunt, Flynn said he has prosecuted six police officers in three years. He also said the two officers should have defused Thursday’s protest instead of pushing Gugino.

“Whenever you have different entities — you always are going to have individuals that cross the line,” Flynn said. “And it’s these individuals who crossed the line that we have to address.”

“There are some who say that I’m choosing sides by arresting and prosecuting police officers, and I say that’s ridiculous,” he added. “I’m prosecuting 39 protesters.”
source

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I think if you walk up and get in an officers face when they are moving in formation dressed in riot gear you might be asking for it .. Bwahahaha ..
You're going on ignore now so I'm just letting you know before you bother replying to me again

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Sorry brother - that is an incorrect assertion (I see no evidence to substantiate)... The confusion might be the fact that the Army tried to cover up the Fratricide initially by claiming that his death was caused by enemy fire - as a means to save their own inept embarrassment and to some extent a not very well thought out attempt to hide the truth from his family, friends and country for everything that his good name meant to be a true Patriot...

Soldier Speaks Up A Decade After Pat Tillman's Friendly-Fire Death
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...decade-after-pat-tillmans-friendly-fire-death
"Tillman's group, which had traveled ahead, scaled a ridgeline to provide assistance to fellow Rangers under attack. But a squad leader, Sgt. Greg Baker, in Elliott's armored vehicle misidentified an allied Afghan soldier positioned next to Tillman as the enemy and opened fire, killing the Afghan and prompting Elliott and two other Rangers to fire upon what Elliott called shadowy images, later learned to have been Tillman and then-19-year-old Bryan O'Neal."
Forensic experts have determined that rounds from Elliott's weapon were probably not the ones that killed Tillman. But that doesn't change anything, he tells NPR.

He says that on the evening of the incident, he saw his squad leader engage Tillman's position and followed suit.

"I remember thinking for just a second or two, but what felt like longer — your perception of time in the midst of a firefight can be distorted — that if he'd fired, and without any other information to indicate a friendly position, that I should also fire," he says.

Tillman's family was initially told that their son was killed by enemy fire. It was not until more than a month later that they learned the actual details of his death.
I was following that story too and imo Pat Tillman was a no BS American hero .. They lie about every thing , Jessica Lynch come to mind ? They sucked all they could get off Tillman's death front page then the truth come out on the last page days later and covered up .. Haven't you learned by now ?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I have also reported that comment to admin.
He literally just advocated assaulting an elderly man

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You're going on ignore now so I'm just letting you know before you bother replying to me again
Putting someone on ignore does not prevent them from replying to you. . .

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Then what's the point of the ignore function?
The point of it is to spare you from seeing their responses... unless you peek.

Nor will you get notifications for any of their reactions to your posts.

Though you will see them listed if you click the actual reactions to your posts.

Nor can they contact you.

This newer platform is superior to the old in that in the past, if someone quoted the blocked post, it became visible to you. Now even when someone quotes a blocked person's posts, the blocked person's posts are still hidden from you.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
The point of it is to spare you from seeing their responses... unless you peek.

Nor will you get notifications for any of their reactions to your posts.

Though you will see them listed if you click the actual reactions to your posts.

Nor can they contact you.

This newer platform is superior to the old in that in the past, if someone quoted the blocked post, it became visible to you. Now even when someone quotes a blocked person's posts, the blocked person's posts are still hidden from you.
His replies are blocked so the ignore function is working

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Still waiting to hear from a mod

Jun 5, 2020
some of us attempt to have conversations outside of what the mainstream media tells people to think.

you guys seem to only repeat media talking points.

like when some of us mention that many of the protesters are being paid and bused in by organizations like " crowds on demand", you guys have 0 interest in this..
The "mainstream media" inform us and are protected by the First Amendment. What are your sources?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I’m sure your inner you would love wearing pink.
I can admire a man whose sense of masculinity is not threatened by the simple act of wearing of pink clothing :D

Women wear blue quite a lot and it is not seen the same way as a man wearing pink. I wonder why that is?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
The "mainstream media" inform us and are protected by the First Amendment. What are your sources?
Right. We watched a man being murdered before our eyes on camera
That one doesn't require much thinking