"Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away."

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
"Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away." Song of Solomon 2:10

Lo, I hear the voice of my Beloved! He speaks to me! Fair weather is smiling upon the face of the earth, and he would not have me spiritually asleep while nature is all around me awaking from her winter's rest. He bids me "Rise up," and well he may; for I have long enough been lying among the pots of worldliness. He is risen, I am risen in him, why then should I cleave unto the dust? From lower loves, desires, pursuits, and aspirations, I would rise towards him. He calls me by the sweet title of "My love," and counts me fair; this is a good argument for my rising.

If he has thus exalted me, and thinks me thus comely, how can I linger in the tents of Kedar and find congenial associates among the sons of men? He bids me "Come away." Further and further from everything selfish, grovelling, worldly, sinful, he calls me; yea, from the outwardly religious world which knows him not, and has no sympathy with the mystery of the higher life, he calls me. "Come away" has no harsh sound in it to my ear, for what is there to hold me in this wilderness of vanity and sin? O my Lord, would that I could come away, but I am taken among the thorns, and cannot escape from them as I would. I would, if it were possible, have neither eyes, nor ears, nor heart for sin.

Thou callest me to thyself by saying "Come away," and this is a melodious call indeed. To come to thee is to come home from exile, to come to land out of the raging storm, to come to rest after long labour, to come to the goal of my desires and the summit of my wishes. But Lord, how can a stone rise, how can a lump of clay come away from the horrible pit? O raise me, draw me. Thy grace can do it. Send forth thy Holy Spirit to kindle sacred flames of love in my heart, and I will continue to rise until I leave life and time behind me, and indeed come away.

CH Spurgeon (morning & evening)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
"Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away." Song of Solomon 2:10

Lo, I hear the voice of my Beloved! He speaks to me! Fair weather is smiling upon the face of the earth, and he would not have me spiritually asleep while nature is all around me awaking from her winter's rest. He bids me "Rise up," and well he may; for I have long enough been lying among the pots of worldliness. He is risen, I am risen in him, why then should I cleave unto the dust? From lower loves, desires, pursuits, and aspirations, I would rise towards him. He calls me by the sweet title of "My love," and counts me fair; this is a good argument for my rising.

If he has thus exalted me, and thinks me thus comely, how can I linger in the tents of Kedar and find congenial associates among the sons of men? He bids me "Come away." Further and further from everything selfish, grovelling, worldly, sinful, he calls me; yea, from the outwardly religious world which knows him not, and has no sympathy with the mystery of the higher life, he calls me. "Come away" has no harsh sound in it to my ear, for what is there to hold me in this wilderness of vanity and sin? O my Lord, would that I could come away, but I am taken among the thorns, and cannot escape from them as I would. I would, if it were possible, have neither eyes, nor ears, nor heart for sin.

Thou callest me to thyself by saying "Come away," and this is a melodious call indeed. To come to thee is to come home from exile, to come to land out of the raging storm, to come to rest after long labour, to come to the goal of my desires and the summit of my wishes. But Lord, how can a stone rise, how can a lump of clay come away from the horrible pit? O raise me, draw me. Thy grace can do it. Send forth thy Holy Spirit to kindle sacred flames of love in my heart, and I will continue to rise until I leave life and time behind me, and indeed come away.

CH Spurgeon (morning & evening)
Thank you for posting this I understand this is speaking of being in the world and not of the world but this spoke a different voice to me one that I have been heavily feeling and saying in my soul lately. I cannot help but ask myself everyday why am I here? I have grown so very weary of this world and in my dreams I see his face in a brightness that I cannot look directly at it in my days I sit alone daydreaming of holding him in my arms and in my spirit I also hear him say come away and the coice makes my heart leap inside me.
The other night I was at the point where you are barely awake at the final point where you just about to enter sleep but still awake and I heard singing and didn't even know if I was awake or sleep or if I was actually hearing it or not but the singing was about looking to the clouds and his promise this singing gave me peace as I was very troubled inside that night and I couldn't help but have a warm smile whether it was real or not.

I know many have different beliefs and ideas about the rapture but honestly I can hear his calling in my spirit and when I listen to it instead of having my eyes on life or the world or my problems I cannot help but sing in my heart and this scripture spoke to me perhaps not the way it was meant tpo be understood but still my heart fluttered

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Thank you for posting this I understand this is speaking of being in the world and not of the world but this spoke a different voice to me one that I have been heavily feeling and saying in my soul lately. I cannot help but ask myself everyday why am I here? I have grown so very weary of this world and in my dreams I see his face in a brightness that I cannot look directly at it in my days I sit alone daydreaming of holding him in my arms and in my spirit I also hear him say come away and the coice makes my heart leap inside me.
The other night I was at the point where you are barely awake at the final point where you just about to enter sleep but still awake and I heard singing and didn't even know if I was awake or sleep or if I was actually hearing it or not but the singing was about looking to the clouds and his promise this singing gave me peace as I was very troubled inside that night and I couldn't help but have a warm smile whether it was real or not.

I know many have different beliefs and ideas about the rapture but honestly I can hear his calling in my spirit and when I listen to it instead of having my eyes on life or the world or my problems I cannot help but sing in my heart and this scripture spoke to me perhaps not the way it was meant tpo be understood but still my heart fluttered

Thanks for sharing Blain.(y)